March 19, 2024, 05:22:28 am

Author Topic: [!] W3Arena Install Guide  (Read 14342 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
[!] W3Arena Install Guide
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:50:02 pm »

What is W3Arena?

W3Arena is a private b.net server with a much more robust anti-hack system implemented. It also has much better overall ping and is a more stable environment.

What are the Requirements for W3Arena?

Two things:

W3Arena Client: Download
WC3 Frozen Throne v1.26: Download

I have the newest version of Wc3 installed (1.28). How do I install 1.26?

Well, you're kinda screwed my friend. You cannot downgrade from 1.28 to 1.26. You must reinstall. Here is what you need to do:

1) First thing to do is rename your current warcraft 3 folder. At the end of this process you will have 2 installations of wc3 that you can load and play at any time. v1.28 and v1.26.

Rename your current wc3 folder from, for example, C:\Program Files\Warcraft 3\ to -> C:\Program Files\Warcraft 3 1.28\. just do this by right clicking the folder and renaming it.

2) Install Warcraft 3 & Frozen Throne from scratch. This will create a second installation of the game. You can name this installation C:\Program Files\Warcraft 3 1.26\ or just leave it as default. Either way, it won't interfere with your current installation.

3) Patch new installation up to 1.26. Installation file can be found here. This is a stand-alone file, simply double click it and it will begin the patching process.

4) Launch Wc3Arena and play! The Client may ask you where your wc3 installation is. Use the folder for your 1.26 version of the game in order to play on the arena.

I don't want 2 installations. I just want to install W3Arena. How!?!?

Watch this video cause i'm sick of typing:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:23:05 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Race: Random
Re: [!] W3Arena Install Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:22:42 pm »
Shit still doesnt work I get this error when attempting to patch to 1.26.

Blizzard BNUpdate v2.133 compiled on Aug 14 2008
Log created at  7:21 pm on 10/19/2017

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'Abilities\Spells\NightElf\shadowstrike\shadowstrike.mdx'

RESULT: Patch failed

The cross server works fine though so ill just stick with that.  I barely can handle turning a computer on.

O it also messes up the first client for wc3.  So now I gotta delete everything and reinstall from scratch and repatch.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:27:04 pm by IWANTWC4 »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:22:31 pm »
Shit still doesnt work I get this error when attempting to patch to 1.26.

Blizzard BNUpdate v2.133 compiled on Aug 14 2008
Log created at  7:21 pm on 10/19/2017

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

ERROR: unable to apply patch to file 'Abilities\Spells\NightElf\shadowstrike\shadowstrike.mdx'

RESULT: Patch failed

The cross server works fine though so ill just stick with that.  I barely can handle turning a computer on.

O it also messes up the first client for wc3.  So now I gotta delete everything and reinstall from scratch and repatch.

ummm yeah. You clearly didn't read the instructions.

You cannot downgrade from 1.28 to 1.26. You must reinstall!!!

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:26:36 pm »
I did.  I got 2 copies on lol.  I literally did exactly as this said step by step.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:38:31 pm »
Its pretty easy tftreplayers or whatever posted a 1.21 installer.  Use that => run the 1.26 patch as admin => boom headshot youre all set.  Pay me $50 plz.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:38:36 pm »
I did.  I got 2 copies on lol.  I literally did exactly as this said step by step.

For whatever reason when you're installing the update its trying to patch the 1.28 version and not the new install. Thats the error you get when trying to downgrade 1.28 patch.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 06:40:30 am »
Ya I ain't got a clue cause when I loaded up the new game it was on patch 1.07.

O well I'll just cross server it's been working fine for me.

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 10:46:26 pm »
Thanks for this guide, wish I'd checked the forum before I thrashed around on my own :)

The criteria for being banned when logging in to w3arena seems pretty strict. I logged in with the wrong password once or twice and was banned, am now on a waiting list in the W3 Arena Hallway for having my account reviewed and unbanned (been waiting since 12/6).

Any idea why I might not be able to download replays from off the FML website in the meantime? All I get is a "about:blank" web link on a new page. I'm wondering if it's perhaps a browser/pop-up restriction setting?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:03 pm »
Thanks for this guide, wish I'd checked the forum before I thrashed around on my own :)

The criteria for being banned when logging in to w3arena seems pretty strict. I logged in with the wrong password once or twice and was banned, am now on a waiting list in the W3 Arena Hallway for having my account reviewed and unbanned (been waiting since 12/6).

Any idea why I might not be able to download replays from off the FML website in the meantime? All I get is a "about:blank" web link on a new page. I'm wondering if it's perhaps a browser/pop-up restriction setting?

If you get the About:blank it means we prob didn't actually add a replay for that game cause the admins are either, A: Lazy or B: we didn't get the replay/dont feel like digging through the bot replay archives to find it.

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »
Hahaha, ok. That does make me feel a little better though, was starting to wonder if I was banned from everything  :icon_surprised: I'll check out an older replay.

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:51:32 pm »

For whatever reason when you're installing the update its trying to patch the 1.28 version and not the new install. Thats the error you get when trying to downgrade 1.28 patch.

I got stuck with this as well and eventually realized that naming my fresh war3 install folder to the name of the folder that the 1.26 patch seemed to be trying to patch itself to (which, like IWANTWC4, was my already 1.28-patched copy) would probably work. This issue was happening even when I uninstalled/deleted all war3 folders by the way. Anyway I did it, and it worked! So for anyone who gets stuck there and is wondering what to do, you can try this:

1. Rename your Warcraft III folder that the 1.26 patch keeps trying to apply itself to to something temporary (e.g. "Warcraft III not 1.26").

If you're not sure what the name of that folder is, then after you rename your Warcraft III folder (or folders if you have multiple copies of war3), double-click on the patch, and you'll get a different patch error that mentions (when you click on Show Details) the file path that the patch is looking for but can't find - that's the file path and name of the war3 folder that the patch keeps trying to apply itself to and can't because that copy of war3 is already patched to 1.28. Write this file path down!

2. Now freshly install RoC and then TFT, and then, before attempting to apply the 1.26 patch to it, rename this freshly installed Warcraft III folder to the folder name that the patch showed you when you got the file path error and clicked on Show Details in the step above.

3. Now double-click the patch to install it, and it should work! Now you can rename this new 1.26 patch war3 folder to something like "Warcraft III 1.26" and, when you install and run w3arena, browse for this folder. You should be good to go.

4. Rename your other war3 folder that you temporarily renamed in step 1 (e.g. "Warcraft III not 1.26") to whatever you like! I went back to naming it Warcraft III 1.28.