April 16, 2024, 01:13:09 pm

Author Topic: Week 1 Matchups  (Read 5833 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Week 1 Matchups
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:00:00 pm »
:FMLN:

Welcome to the first week of S26! We're excited to announce the first week. Good luck to all the teams!

:MS: M1

:Russia: :orc: Airenikus [Rage]
:Germany: :ra: Slythe [BM]
:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook [Inc]
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo [FREE]

:TL: M2

:Germany: :ne: HighTac [Rage]
:USA: :ne: WRECKTIFY [BM]
:World: :orc: Betoon [Inc]
:Poland: :orc: dragao [FREE]

:ES: M3

:Finland: :ne: Aarnikratti [Rage]
:Lithuania: :hu: EvilPeanut [BM]
:USA: :orc: IWANTWC4 [Inc]
:USA: :ne: ludakatapro [FREE]

:FM: M4

:Denmark: :hu: zTsoso [Rage]
:Russia: :ne: Dinamo [BM]
:Germany: :orc: MrSweets [Inc]
:Poland: :ne: Gradient [FREE]

:MS: M5
:USA: :ra: Seksi [CoR]
:USA: :ra: Eshan [Zig]
:Germany: :ra: SosoHasRedHair [SS]
:Germany: :hu: QQs [Ena]

:TL: M6
:Canada: :ne: Renaud [CoR]
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant [Zig]
:France: :ne: Ponty [SS]
:Russia: :ud: Spielmann [Ena]

:ES: M7
:Germany: :orc: Fail.Life [CoR]
:USA: :ne: Mog [Zig]
:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx [SS]
:Australia: :orc: SweeT [Ena]

:FM: M8
:Peru: :hu: Zs.Supercumulo [CoR]
:Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam [Zig]
:USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ [SS]
:Germany: :ne: Trunks [Ena]

Scheduling topics will be posted Soon™
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:54:27 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Week 1 Matchups
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:52:27 pm »

I vaguely remember Airenikus was pretty good last season.  Fetta is my spirit animal.  Supremo wont show up or will lag out.  BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE SLYTHE IS PART OF TEAM BAD MANNEROTHS AND WILL SPAM DOOM ON THEM ALL EASY WIN EASY LIFE NOOBS.

Ordinarily I pride myself on knowing about my opponents.  Pretty sure that the admins are letting Betoon and Drago, who are probably like b100 death and LeL, smurf because the admins are corrupt.  I think Hightac is an OK player?  Not sure.  BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE I AM THE CAPTAIN OF THE BAD MANNEROTHS AND I WILL SPAM DOOM ON THEM ALL.

:World: :ra: DkHDennis [FREE]

Arnykarate will karate chop people.  I guess WC4 is someone smurfing and teh corrupt admins are letting it pass because why follow their own rules.  DKH dennis might be good cause hes in DKH I guess?  Is that even still a clan?  BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE EVILPEANUT HAS EMBRACED THE DARK SIDE AND WILL SPAM DOOM ON ALL HIS OPPONENTS.

:FM: M4 [MATCH OF TEH WEEK YA'LL]

This is actually a pretty interesting match.  Good map,  all players are within a standard deviation of skill.  I am surprised Gradi is on a small map, it doesnt really benefit his style.  I thought Mr. Sweets was from australia, but maybe thats just regular sweet?   Soso is pretty good, or so I hear.  I have never played against him.  Also pretty sure he's just a smurf of Noexxx.

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE DINAMO IS PART OF TEAM BAD MANNEROTHS AND WILL SPAM DOOM ON THEM ALL EASY WIN EASY LIFE NOOBS.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:30 pm »
It's not smurfing if they quit for 7 years and just came back and that IS my account.  My current and only account.

Also team orc will win all 4 games(well I'm going elf in my game) but still go team orc!!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:04:58 pm by IWANTWC4 »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »
I mean, if you change the definition of smurfing, then no youre not smurfing.  But if you go by the actual definition of smurfing, then yes you are smurfing.  lul.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »
Wait so you've been waiting for WC4 for over 7 years? Damn i guess i have too...

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 02:57:15 pm »

Airenikus is in the best shape. Slythe usually has a knack for winning these games on this map. Fetta elf is a joke, but if he goes orc he might have a chance to manip a win. No idea who or what Supremo is but he sounds like a pizza and prob wont show

Dragao and betoon sound like game of thrones characters. But Wrecktify already sits on the iron throne. Maybe hightac can sneak a win here? But otherwise wrecktify will rise out of this unscathed

Aarni is a constantly improving versatile player...unless one of these other guys is a solo pro and can dominate their 1v1, i see aarni taking it with his experience.

Match of the week? More like match of the weak. Soso should dominate this, gradient sucks on small maps, dinamo cant beat him, and mrsweets can be good but lacks the experience to combat Soso's snake moves. Soso will just ignore gradient, win his 1v1 and then probably win 1v2 while manipping gradient hard.

Excited to play against seksi again. We have had countless battles for years, he is the original slytherin. It looks like hes in good shape too. Shave can be really good or batshit terrible. He tower rushed me last game on this map and it was a loss for us both. QQs has perfected the "lie low and hoard 20k" strategy, which he used many times in TBR and last season.

Zig Zag ZIGGURAT! Renaud is back but prob out of shape, same with ponty. Dont know much about spielmann except he told me he "doesnt play ffa"

Noe is the best ffa player right now. If he wins his 1v1, the other two wont be able to beat him 1v2. Its a free win unless they really coordinate and team him.

This is the match of the week. All players are rly good and evenly matched, but i give trunks the edge because everytime i see him in a game with cumulo, they dont fight each other until the end (where trunkz wins)

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »
No I'm saying I haven't played in 7 years and this is my account.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 06:03:34 pm »
And your account name is IWANTWC4. Was that your account name 7 years ago? If not, what was?

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »
I wasn't part of this community before 2017 and missed many years of fabulous FFA, but damn was I looking forward to these predictions (Wreck's in particular). Here are mine:

Eshan is right, Pizza Supremo sounds tasty, but not sure if that's going to help him winning here. Fetta will provoke Slythe into suiciding him by gloomingly bragging about the items he found. Shortly before taking home his victory, Airenikus performs a fetta stomp in Supremo's main. Supremo, not following the community for long, is fully unaware of this strategy and, in a state of shock, sacrifices his DH into Samuro's blades.

After watching too many recent replays of Shave, Wreck will lose his DR to creeps early. With great foresightedness, my APs were already built next to his main to recklessly exploit his painful loss. Orcs will just blindly search the map for my main, but won't find it, since I'm disguised in Wreck's main now. Transmute will finish the job.

As I heard, DkHDennis still thinks he signed up for a 2v2 competition. So be it. I already briefed Aarni to team up with Peanut, just having a piece of the Baltic Sea between themselves. That edge will help them to end the game before Peanut gets his AM to level six and messes up everything with his horrible usage of mass TP.

Every rage critter was advised to take at least five lessons in Polish, to be prepared for these exact situations. This will come in handy now. Being by far the weakest player on our team, we told Soso to keep a low profile and let Gradi do the work. Also Soso was told to play Pitlord Pala combo since I once successfully played these heroes in a random hero pub match.

Seksi seemed still kind of strong the first few days after he returned, but the Neon City match yesterday left me unimpressed. Use your owl damnit! If Shave survives creeping and starts chatting again during a potential 3-way, he may win, else it's Eshan's match to take. QQs will successfully hoard 20k and invest it profitably into books of retraining, since finance guy Eshan told him that's the way to do it.

I'm sad that we don't see famous Nelfs as Wreck or Renaud in daily inhouse FFAs, so I can only assess their skill level via FML VoDs. Renaud and Tyrant might be good, but not in shape maybe. Ponty accidently picks UD as his race, but prefers to observe anyway. So he immediately sells mine and necropolis at the start. I quite liked what I saw from Spielmann so far (especially his hero choices), so I'll go with him.

A match half of young blood. Unless Noe plays with touchpad, because he still hasn't gotten a mouse, he should bulldoze over his 1v1 enemy. Not sure if Fail.Life is aware of the common strategy "teaming for name". If he's on one side with either Mog or Sweet, it's definitely Noe's victory.

I think everyone in this match can consider him or herself as a winner if they manage to schedule it with Trunks. The latter would be a favorite here I think (despite his lag of FFA sense in my eyes), but stopped playing and rage quitted all matches I've seen in the last 1.5 months. Still, I think this is the most interesting and balanced match of the playday. If Alien gets Orc or UD when playing random, I think he wins.

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »

Airenikus will win because he is probably most solid player here. Slythe is skillwise at least same level if not better but he is sometimes playing with strange hero combos and last seasons he also had some suicidal tendencies. Fetta is prone to hazards but if he can safely gather his orc army (if he is even playing orc? his night elf is better imo) he can be a threat to other players here. Supremo isn't much experienced in real games but I know him from bot and he can fight decently with his Reign of Chaos elf hero combo and bear dryads, but he lacks with scout and communication.

Everyone else might say that Wreck will win here, and that's not badly said: Wreck knows all the gimmicks of FFA and his FFA sense is amazing. But I would still say that dragao will win here. He is really decent orc player with good micro and pretty good ffa sense, though he is not experienced from real games. Hightac is well improved than what he was few months ago and I think that now he can compete and even with the game but it will be hard against good orc and super-experienced Wreck. Betoon is a nice new guy who wants to learn FFA and who already has gained some experience from inhouse games, I think skillwise he can't compete with other players here but he might have a chance if if he survives till 3 way and other players overlook him very much,

Peanut is imo one of the best human players atm. He can abuse human race really well and plays a lot of inhouse games to improve his skills. DkHDennis is, as far i know, really good solo player and this map is good for solo style playing, but I guess he has almost zero experience from FFA so for him it will be hard to win. I have no idea what kind of player is IWANTWC4 but what I have heard he played his first FFA games very long time ago? About me then: I am most experienced here and I think I can compete against anyone of these players.

Soso is top player, he is a big favourite here. Other three players are experienced FFA players too, Dinamo is good fighter but sometimes makes silly desicions, same for MrSweets. Gradient has his unique hated and loved style, I love it, he will bring  gray hair to other players.

Nice player cast here. Seksi is back, im not sure whether he is in his best shape but he is good anyways. Eshan is another oldschool player here, he was great shape in sympo. Shave is good if he really focus on playing, he can even dominate the game with his orc race. QQs is a bit underrated player, he can put up a good performance, and he knows how to play his human race. I would say Eshan will win here after a lot of manip and many turn overs.

Tyrant will win, he is always good when he is playing. Ponty and Renaud are both experienced but arent very active, even tho Ponty is obsing a lot of games - these 2 players might put up some teaming vs Tyrant. Spielmann is ok ud player, he can win vs Renaud or Ponty in a fair 1v1 but not vs Tyrant.

Noexxx is strongest here, he just is so good.. Sweet is really good orc player and he has even chance to win Noe here if they will have early 1v1. If I remember right, Mog has really good strategy especially on this map, Im looking forward to see whether I remembered right. No clue about Fail.Life, but he has some playing history in FML so maybe he can do something.

Nice match. Trunkzz is so good, It is almost impossible to beat him in a fair 1v1, probably only Cumulo has some chance to do it of these players. But overall Cumulo isn't better than Alien or Junkerzam, he just has a good early game strategy and he knows what is good counter for Trunkzz army. Alien and Junker are quite similar players, they have decent fighting skills and good FFA sense.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:32:35 pm by aarnikratti »

Offline b100death

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 05:07:37 am »

Airenikus and  Fetta_boss - players with interesting style, they make it game watchable. All have close chances to win
class game rating 3/5 not bad 

WRECKTIFY - TIER1 Champion, #1 ELF.
dragao - may be will interesting vs wreck, potential strong micro orc with good vision but low experience in official fml games, does not know players well.
class game rating 3/5 not bad 

IWANTWC4
only one interesting thing who is IWANTWC4 and how he good
class game rating 2.5/5 middling

zTsoso favorite here, TIER 1/2. Dinamo, MrSweets TIER3 skill, warriors. Also good players I like them. And  DIVINE Gradient #1 i love watching him vs good players he makes exellent staff))   
class game rating 4.0/5 good game

class game will depend a which race a shave will play, hope he choose orc and it will be good game

class game 1.0/5 for girls Tyrant will get teaming and other will cry all game
Noexxx TIER1 Champion,#1 hum. Sweet TIER1/2 combat/strong orc, Fail.Life - who is ? idk Mog rly !? what u doing on this map
class game 5.0/5 for must see !!!
all strong and all make game interesting to watching
class game 5.0/5 for must see !!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:22:27 pm by b100death »

Offline Toast

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: TomToast
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 07:12:58 am »

Slythe very creative player, he always makes games interesting to watch with his hero combos. If he can keep his emotions under control, should be ez win for him!

People may think im crazy to vote for hightac, but i think he improved a lot in the last weeks and if he can make it into a 3way he can win! Wreck will have hard times because people will team him for sure, because of his bad manners.

Think Emerald Shores is the perfect map for him, he is a very offensive player. If he can overcome his problems in the later stages of the game he can win this!

Think it will be a very chaotic game, ztsoso will have a hard time to handle all of this because people are too scared of him. Dinamo probably not the smartest player but fountain of manip a very good map for him and it fits his style perfectly.

Seksi is for me the example par excellence, how a ffa player should play like. Looking forward to see shaved losing his hero to creeps again. Dont think Eshan can win because it isnt a anonymous game and everybody knows how his manip works! Shaved will probably suicide him.

Renaud probably super rusty but it doesnt matter if u are nightelf! Panda Potm Keeper just OP!

LW#1

If he isnt too rusky, he can win 1vs2 in a 3way, after toming the fourth player.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 08:09:14 am »
:FMLN:

Welcome to the first week of S26! We're excited to announce the first week. Good luck to all the teams!

Fetta because he is orc easy win.

Wreck wins easy, dodged me :(

Aarnikratti because he will tome peanut and win cause orc OP.

Soso because I don't know any of these guys.
Seksi because Eagan manip will fail and he will get teamed, well should.
Read, because well it's renaud.
Noexxx maybe?  Sure noexx will win.
Alien because he is the best random player to ever play.   Then again maybe he is rusty...no idea.
Scheduling topics will be posted Soon™

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:09 am »

:Germany: :ra:Slythe [BM]

There's a lot of strong personalities here so we could see some fireworks. I think if anything that would benefit Airenikus; but Slythe seems to perform much better in fml matches than in other events/inhouses, so my (fake) money is on him.

Foolish to vote against the bad manneroth king himself. Pretty good map for elf vs orc too.

I like Peanut. I don't think he's evil. If he can stay away from Wrecktify's corruption and avoid pointless suicides then I think he has a great shot not only in this game, but also in this season.

Maybe if it were a larger map then Gradient could have some more potential to mix this game up a bit. But as it stands, on this map, Soso wins. The real question is how he wins. Will it be a quick under 30 min domination? Or will he camp his base getting teamed for an hour trying to manip his way out (and win anyway)?

Time seems to have clouded people's memory about Seksi. He was a fantastic player, but his biggest strength was his aggressive manip. Very similar to Eshan (except I would say Seksi was more successful back then because he had stronger micro as well). In this case, the extended absence will help Seksi greatly, because they will be keen to Eshan's manip, but puppets to the old school puppetmaster.

The most overrated FML champion everTM (copyright owned by Wrecktify) is back! Still, in a game full of rusty players, Tyrant may not look very overrated at all. His ud mirror has always been incredibly good, as well as his ud vs elf. So this game should be perfect for Tyrant to shine.

Hopefully everyone knows the plan: 3v1 Noexxx from the start! Even if the plan happens, Noexxx is still the favorite to win here  :icon_lol:

MOTW right here! Trunks is possibly the worst scheduler in fml history, so there is a high likelihood he won't show. Even if that is the case, this match still features 2 very strong players and Junkerzam. I expect an action packed first 15-20min, and then a manip fest afterward. When all is said and done, if Alien's comp/internet hold up, he will stand the victor.

Offline fetta_ook

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: fetta_ook
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 12:03:33 pm »

Can't believe I ended up in the same game as Slythe. We have a history of flaming each others, and it is always the same reason. I find a good moment to hit him, and in most cases I carry on killing him, but since he is a decent opponent, I seldom finish him faster than the other guy finishes his opponent, after which Slythe claims that I suicided him, so he will suicide me, and in 100% of the cases just hands a freewin to the other guy.

Hopefully he is in a calmer, more peaceful state of mind nowadays so his mind won't be clouded, giving him the possibility to think rationally.

Hightac is a really bad ffa player, not necessarily because he sucks playwise, but he he has adopted the strange "honor" thing that noexxx always calls people out for lacking. Even though hightac gets tomed, he won't say anything until he is defeated, so this game will favor the cunning Harvey Weinsten-lookalike and fellow new yorker, Wrecktify.

j33s little brother aarnikratti has recently started to suck slightly less, so I think that he will take this one quite ez, since his playstyle is quite dynamic and he knows english well enough to manip the newcomers. Peanut really sucks, he is a proper troll that just tower rushes people but always fail to transition into ffa play, so he will rush one player out and then just get tomed when he has 10 footies and 5 mercs at the 30 min mark.

Soso is a great player, but to much of a primadonna and a fucking drama queen, so he will cry for being teamed, while gradient is too thick to understand this so he will throw waves and waves of staff harass with alchy/pit lord/kotg, but eventually soso will be too fed so he will be able to handle the teaming, despite his crying.

In all honesty, this game would have been a great, popcorn-munching kind of game IF it would have taken place like 3 years ago. Back then, Seksi was in awesome shape, nolifing ladder hard and eventually ended up winning it together with brainman? Eshan was also decent back then, since the average skill level was so much lower. Shave back then hadn't yet become the diva he is now, when he thinks he's the shit after being able to kill his first opponent swiftly and then becoming surprised that people team him when he has triple 6, mass tp AND 5x the other players gold COMBINED. Now he just complains about people teaming him for name etc etc which is fuckin tiring to listen to. So, in this game he will tome QQs (since he sucks hard) and then once again be surprised that the americans will team him.

Seksi prevails, he is still good enough to beat the rest of these knuckleheads, even though his micro is OFF point.

Too proud players to team Tyrant as hard as required, so ez win

Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx [SS]

Normally, noexxx would wipe the floor with this cast. BUT, apparently this swiss kid is having the time of his life at university he will probably be focusing too much on just pulling the most boring and yawning stories ever, like he always does in the discord channel.

"last night, i was sooo drunk with all ze boys, we goed to ze cinema and watch horror movie and drink so much jaegerbombs so after we did go for kebab and i fall sleep on the kebab table LOOOL"

Very entertaining cast, 2 strong soloers in cumulo and trunkz. However, they lack the ffa sense that alien has, so he will prevail and take this victory upstreams colorado river.