March 28, 2024, 09:56:00 am

Author Topic: S26 Prize Purse? Yup!  (Read 3147 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
S26 Prize Purse? Yup!
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:15:36 pm »
:FMLN:

Apparently teams need a little bit of convincing to sign-up for S26.... No Matter...

Thanks to our wonderful Patreon supporters we have some extra funds remaining to offer up a small cash prize to the winning player of Season 26!

Prize Pool: $50

I know its not life changing, but it'll give everyone something to fight for and make things a little more interesting. Just to re-iterate, this only goes to the winning player. If that player wants to distribute that to his teammates, thats on him!

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: S26 Prize Purse? Yup!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »
Nice! Is this the first prize pool in fml history?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »
Nice! Is this the first prize pool in fml history?

No, but its the last one since.... jesus, I think S14... which was announced almost exactly 5 years ago. That prize was double this one though.

Most of the prize pools have been for tournaments like In Search for Freedom cups and we had one for the Map Making Contest last year.

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:52:31 am »

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:23:16 am »
Woa  :icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim:  :icon_wink:

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:48:10 am »
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having incentives for players to sign up. I myself try to recruit new players on arena, but throwing money in a FML season seems a little odd to me. Perhaps it is because most money prized competitions were FFA tournaments of one day or some other event: FFA Cup, In search for freedom, Make a World Contest,etc. In any case, let's hope that the russian teams sign up and next season we go back to the classic format. Also, since you are throwing some cash in the season, perhaps make it a little bit longer? I feel like last two seasons were way to short, but maybe is just me.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:59 am »
Nice :icon_exclaim:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:13 am »
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having incentives for players to sign up. I myself try to recruit new players on arena, but throwing money in a FML season seems a little odd to me. Perhaps it is because most money prized competitions were FFA tournaments of one day or some other event: FFA Cup, In search for freedom, Make a World Contest,etc. In any case, let's hope that the russian teams sign up and next season we go back to the classic format. Also, since you are throwing some cash in the season, perhaps make it a little bit longer? I feel like last two seasons were way to short, but maybe is just me.

I get where you're coming from and I actually agree to some extent. There is a reason we haven't done a prize for an FML event for almost 5 years. Back than we felt that it attracted the wrong crowd of people to the season and playing for the money seemed to be the theme of the season.

That said, we're doing things a little differently this time and the community is much different from 5 years ago!

Also, the money being used here is from the Patreon subscribers. We've had more support than we have needed and I decided to put the extra funds back into the community instead of hoarding it. There is still plenty of money in our bank to pay for website fees and the bot for the rest of the year. Check the "Champion" discussions for more info on our funds.