April 19, 2024, 06:50:15 pm

Author Topic: ALL want back classic FML !!!  (Read 6192 times)

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: ALL want back classic FML !!!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 02:13:54 am »
Maybe you should have had a 3rd option: individual league with team aspects, since that's what this format is.

Also, you saying you can beat anyone in the admin team in 1v1 literally means nothing since this is a ffa league, and many admins have better ffa results than you.

Also, as I already told you on discord, and worpex told you here, your strawpoll wasn't going to change anything, and you continuing to push it and post it everywhere you can just shows blatant disrespect for the admin team (which isn't new for you, having shown no regard for league rules on the past).

If you are so desperate to play a normal ffa league, go make one yourself. Or, since you are so prone to tell everyone on a ffa forum how great you are in a different gametype, go play that gametype. Or, if you want to enjoy the league the admin team commits much of their personal time providing for you, then do so. But as worpex has already said once here, kindly leave your negativity off the forum. Or move on.

Thanks.

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 02:51:56 am »
@cumulo: It was tomtoast who asked me to create a poll. It is not solely me who has the desire for a classic, individual focussed FML. It is just me who raises his voice loud enough to at least create some attention for the existing issues in our league design!

@mog: 1on1?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:54:39 am by ena1337 »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 03:38:33 am »
Even if this format isn't preferred by the majority, it's for one season.  And FML has been around far longer then anyone still playing today giving us season after season of FFA league. 

I think it's best to show appreciation and be grateful for we still have after so many years.   

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 06:27:05 am »
I think it's best to show appreciation and be grateful for we still have after so many years.   

Of course we appreciate and are grateful for the existence of FML and work provided by FML. This is why we raise our voice so loudly, to express our strong identification with what the FML is about. We all identify with the idea of FML and we don't want a change which makes no sense. We want the best FML possible so that this league stays awesome. As it used to be. That is only possible through the Admins but also through MOTIVATED players.

WHY team elements in normal FML are BAD:

- team pressure cuts creativity of individual players
- team pressure cuts autonomy of individual players

Why?

- the individual player has to fulfill requirements of a team. He HAS to "care" for his team. That has influence on the behavior of the individual player within the whole league.

Why is only individual competition better?

- because players don't have to "give a fuck" about anyone
- players can stay the same badasses with their individual character traits and styles

The team idea in FML disturbs players who created their own reputation and style through many seasons in the recent years. Yet some players might enjoy the socializing facets of team elements, most of us do not want them. Period, truth, fact.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:23:26 am by ena1337 »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »
I was also upset at first when i read the team ffa announcement, but i've come to be excited about it

The admins have changed the format to make it an individual season with a 25% team aspect. Thats not a big deal, its an interesting experiment. Ena i hope you give it a try and play, because they fixed it from the original announcement. Now its all individual rankings with a 25% team point bonus. And then the finals are still all individual, so the champion who is crowned will be legitimate.

It will be interesting to see the strategies that evolve during the season with this experiment. And hopefully next season we can play pure classic FML. Come play!

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 02:03:43 pm »
And i understand ur point ena, about having to "care" for ur team now. They will be upset if u lose or if u troll or if u suicide. But its only 25% team bonus so who cares. If u win even 1 game they will be happy

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 02:03:00 am »
Next season maybe in case it's purely classic again.