March 28, 2024, 09:41:09 am

Author Topic: TBR2 Draft Results!  (Read 2886 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
TBR2 Draft Results!
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »
The Teams have officially been Drafted!! Take a peek at the teams below and let us know in the comments you you think has the strongest team!

Team Maybe Next Time:
DV
zTsoso
Alien
Dovekie
Ostone
fetta_ook
SteppinRazor
Gradient

Team High Tac
HighTac
noexxx
TheGreatWall
Lightweight
ObserveAndLearn
Dinamo-
BloodMonster
Ponty TomToast

Team Shave
Shave
qwest
Tyrant66
junkerzam
WeAkUD
Peanut
ena1337
mrSweets

Team Cumulo Brothers
ZsSuperCumulo
trunkz
Jaod
aarnikratti
b100death
QQs
Airenikus
Neri

Team Ravenclaw
Mog[Skynet]
Eshan
Wrecktify
Slythe
SweeT
SomethingWicked
Reinforceement-
vAsAr

If you are not part of your teams Discord channel, please send a PM to myself or any of the other admins to get you added. Thank you and good luck to all teams!!

Full draft order can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i8I_QwLF7Ww6mgvmdxIPjOEBri35yhRV_sqLK95LkRQ/edit?usp=sharing

Replay of the Live Draft can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160858766
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:18:39 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: TBR2 Draft Results!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:49:45 pm »
Awesome start, looking forward these games.
Gl Hf

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline SosoFans

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »
Strongest to weakest.

1) DV's Team:
This is the strongest team IF Alien and Ostone show shape. If they are in a decent shape this a very scary team, with fetta ook being the weak link. He brings the team total score down a bit. Soso is very strong. However, we said that about Dvs team last time..

2) Mog' Team:
Close 2nd, Great team, Eshan who has shown good results 3/3 last TBR and wreck who we dont need to speak about. Also have some good supporting cast such as slythe sweet and wicked. Unknown guy can tip this team to #1 or #3 depending some factors. They are also captained by Ravenclaw leader! Big bonus

3) Hightac Team:
This is an interesting team. There seems to be a lot of gaps here with Noexxx not present 1st week, lightweight out of the game for years, and ponty who is in doubt. But if this team can come together amd be active and have good communication they may be #1 team, with obsandl noexx lw and tgw they might bring very strong games under the guidance of Hightac and ponty who seems to be a good decision maker.

4) shaveds team:
This team should be called "Team Inconsistent" with qwest sometimes being great and other times getting destroyed by aarnikratti in fairn1v1. Then you have ena who desync's and can show weak ffa sense, tox who also can be suiciidal and not show in a good performance. Then, Tyrant who is sometimes amazinf and sometimes doesnt care. And then we have Big shaved who is the king of inconsistent play. I dont know how this team will go in results. Will be interesting

5) Cumulo team:
This team lacks a "classic FML" superstar such as Soso, Wreck, Noexx, Tyrant. Their only driving force is trunkzzz who usually gets teamed becsuse his army and micro is hard to fight. B100 aarni qqs can put in good performances same with cumulo but as we know hes been out shape. Neri is unknown, and Jaod doesnt play undead anymore? If he plays undead this team will be better off, But I just dont see them competing with The other strong FML based teams
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:11:08 pm by SosoFans »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 02:14:51 pm »
awesome in depth write up. I saw the large post and honestly thought it was going to be a big troll but it was actually pretty legit :)

I pretty much agree. Hightac team could be either #1 or #3 based on Lightweight. I think my team could be #1 also if LW/Alien/Ostone are not in shape (although I just played Alien and he seemed pretty good still). Also, I think as a captain I seriously lucked out with SomethingWicked and Reinforcement dropping so low in the draft. Never thought that was possible going into it.

Cumulo team is really the only one I scratch my head looking at...but apparently he just drafted same team as he had in grybby's cup so I guess he feels confident working with the same people. 

We'll see!

Offline SosoHasRedHair

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SosoHasRedHair
  • Race: Random

Offline dv

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:31 pm »
1) TMNT
Perfection and is going to win.

2) Mog
Wreck is amazing but i doubt he can adapt to those funky maps/cards/rules we are going to enjoy during season. Then there are 3 very succesfull TBR players: eshan, reinforceement and sweet, i see what mog did there. Cant wait to see them prove it was coincidence in TBR1. Anyway, top2 isnt that bad too.

3) HighTac
He stole TGW and ObserveAndLearn right before it was my turn to pick. He also picked 3 humans who can perform classic imba-human-domination game. It wont happen. LW is sloppy and is going to play orc, TGW is bad and Noe isnt available untill 2nd week. They will lose. Dont forget captain himself doesnt have any achievements in ffa yet.

4/5) Cumulo
He was shocking me with literally every pick. It was classic all in. Total win or total fail.

4/5) Shave

?
??
gl to qwest.

Steals of the draft: Tyrant, ObserveAndLearn, Ostone, Reinforceement, Ponty ( :icon_frown: )

P.S. I didn't pick those players whose playstyle I dislike but they are still good: Reinforceement, Ponty.

Offline massmoretankz

• Administrator
  • Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMT#21873
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:10 am »
Team DV
To me this team is the strongest one in this competition.
DV and Soso are masters of their respective race. I've seen Alien play an inhouse yesterday. While his early game was really rusty due to his long absence, he really worked his way back into the game and showed a strong late game against aarni and Mog. I'm sure it won't take long for him to regain his old strength.
Dovekie, Ostone and SteppinRazor are without a doubt strong players as well.
Gradient the grand rebuilder brings versatility to this team. Fetta hasn't been in good shape recently. I hope he will conduct his investments in crown of kings soon.
Congrats to DV for this strong and versatile team.

HighTac
The Captain is a new kid on the block and has been obsing a lot of games recently and knows each player's form in detail. Probably even better than each player.
Noe, TGW and Lightweight are heavyweights in FFA.
We haven't seen Lightweight play for quite some time now. His form will be a deciding factor how good this team performs.
OAL and Dinamo are Top5 Players in their race right now.
Bloodmonster is a new random orc that is a son of a bitch to play against. He has decent micro and macro and plays like a rattle snake in inhouse games. Good choice on this one HighTac!
Tom is a decent Nightelf player who I've seen play recently in inhouse games.
He definitely has the potential to win a game if competitors do not have an eye on him.

Peru Team
Reading the members of this team I identify 1 strong player for each race:
NE (trunkz)
HU (Cumulo)
UD (Jaod)
ORC (Airenikus)
b100 loses his temper too quickly when facing a 1v2 situation. QQs is the 2nd strongest hu in this team.
The distinguished gentleman from Finland aarni has been one of the most active FFA players recently. I believe he is able to win a game on a clever way by transmuting his way to victory

Team Ravenclaw
Last year's champion of TBR. I believe this time it will be definitely harder for them to win.
Eshan and Wrecktify are the biggest manippers on the block.
Extremly dangerous to play FFA agains them.
Mog is in a comfortable position to pick from a pool of strong players.
This team will at least finish #2 in TBR2.

Team Shave:
Shave has successfully drafted THE BIG THREE for his team.
The undead powerhouses Qwest, Junker and Tyrant.
However Shave's team definitely lacks a worldclass human like Noe, Soso, Alien or Lightweight.
Maybe Peanut can make a big step forward to fill this gap, he hasn't been playing much the last few months though. Not to forget Junker can also play Hu on a decent level.
Ena is a risky gamble due to possible desync as we saw in FML season 25.
Do not let this guy play against trunks, he will suicide him with mass raider and lose his game.
WeakUD is a strong player that somehow fails to deliver in deciding FFA games.

GL HF GENTLEMEN

Edit: Forgot to about shave's team by accident.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:32:31 am by massmoretankz »