April 24, 2024, 08:50:44 pm

Author Topic: M10 Result  (Read 3852 times)

Offline SweeT

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SweeT
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: M10 Result
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 12:42:13 pm »
So would it be correct to say that if another game, for example, a player disconnects immediately and internet drops from wc3, and the other players continue without the disconnected player, they still wouldn't get top score even though they eventually would overtake him?

Top score only counts from the exact time the player discs?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 01:32:54 pm »
No, the reason ena was given top score, is that even you killed most of his units (including a BM that survived in his version and gave you a shit ton of XP) and killed Soso; ena STILL HAD A HIGHER SCORE (by about 15000 if I remember correctly).

What pushed your score over his, was the battle in the middle where you basically fed on high level heroes that were not microed properly (and that if he was dropped, would have given you 0 xp)

Now I understand that it must be frustrating not to get the bonus point for top score, since there is a possibility that you would have gotten it if ena had not desync (also a possibility you would have lost but meh)

But I'm assuming it's even more frustrating for ena to win a game (easily too, since in his version you were not microing properly, since you din't know his BM was alive), and then be told "nop, we will go with the other sync of the game, you lose"

Offline SweeT

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SweeT
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 01:45:19 pm »
You're correct. Thanks for the detailed response.