March 29, 2024, 07:33:46 am

Author Topic: M6 Result  (Read 9910 times)

Offline FML|ResultsBot

• Bot
  • Peon
  • FML Results Bot
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML-Sub
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
M6 Result
« on: May 08, 2017, 12:22:27 pm »
M6
:Russia: :ud: qwest
:France: :ra: SosoHasRedHair
:Russia: :ud: Pyatac
:Germany: :ra: Slythe
Download

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:23:36 pm by FML|Renaud »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
Re: M6 Result
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:39:33 pm »
These scores are not final. We are investigating this for a pause manip penalty.

Offline qwest

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »
why? Shave paused game and we talking with Slythe
i thought manip duaring pause mean that someone who clicck on pause (mb duaring fight or hard situation) cant use pause for manip ( for example he have 5 builds and enemys want finish him and he use pause for talking)
but in that game only shave paused the game and ofc we wait him and talking,he can back and read chat and after say gogo
if i will get a penalty i will left from FML
cuz it will be very stange and stupid
Thanks
ggc acc bmimbaa

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 01:22:25 pm »
We were extremely clear before the season started with how the pause manipulation rules will work this season. Shave even gave you a warning during this match.

And now Pause Manip. We are disallowing any forms of chat about the match in progress while the game is paused. We decided on this solution to preserve fairness for all players. In other words, we don't want any manipulation to happen behind someones back (while they are in the restroom for example). We also don't want players to pause for the specific purpose of manipulation.

The second part of this rule is essentially saying that any player can issue the warning and it does not have to be an admin. As long as a player stops manip after the warning, no penalties will be given. Once the game is resumed, please feel free to continue.

3.40d Pause Manipulation

If the game is paused there is to be no discussion about the game currently in progress from any players. This includes any forms of manipulation as well as general discussion about the match. Discussion about anything outside from the match is allowed.

Players will receive a warning for the first offense. This warning can be given by anyone. Anything past the warning will be a deduction of -10 points per game.
Source: http://ffamasters.net/index.php?topic=2652
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:25:07 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline qwest

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 01:51:41 pm »
tell me pls, if i was fully inactive after S24 final, how i must know change in rules?
if u think that everyone check changing in rules - it not
idk what shave talking in game, cuz i cant trust him in ffa match and also cant check it duaring the game
ggc acc bmimbaa

Offline qwest

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »
<Players will receive a warning for the first offense.>
Why then you wrote  < hese scores are not final. We are investigating this for a pause manip penalty.>
????????????????
ggc acc bmimbaa

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »
So, there will be a warning and not a point deduction anyway, eh?

Idc anyway about it, because if we get, the rule is wrongly interpreted in my eyes.

Qwest is right, that there is a huge difference between "pausing the game by a player, who starts to manip" or by one player and the others players, who are anyway coordinated teaming him already talking about a detail like we did, which we did not executed btw :D.

This kind of situation though can cause a bit more stress for the player, who used the pause, if he let it getting to his nerves, so i am sorry about that and apolgize to shave. I should not have answered to qwests request in order to maybe not let escalate a tricky game like that a bit more.

About the game in general:

I felt, like i did not bad in the first half, except only losing 3 units to my third creepcamp, which had no effect though. Killing qwest´s base that easy was a bit lucky, cuz i had no vision of him fighting jaod at that time.

I maybe was then a bit too confident and passive. Missing some opportunities to go 100/ trying to take out shave´s rebuilded base. Then having my heroes and army split, which cost me a lot of momentum, after losing the 100 food fight in my main afterwards.

In the end it was a bit messed up with bad communication between shave and me. I did not answer his "stop or back" or what it exactly was and he ignored the fact i backed off and chased me. The teaming before was absolutely justified, since he had high heroes and big army.

Shave and i both missed it to save some workers.

Was overall a funny game. Shave did a nice comeback, but failed at securing the win with killing either of us in time. Qwest hustled well and just had to take the win  in the end which was presented by shave and me. Jaod did well in the 1v1, but lost ultimately due to little details.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 02:20:08 pm »
@qwest Because the Rule Adjustments post that I linked you was the announcement right before the S25 applications thread. You saw the application thread so we can expect you to see the post which preceded it as well.

@Slythe Thank you for understanding and you're right that we are debating just giving a second warning (since its a new rule, shave gave the first) or giving penalty points. Misinterpreting can happen, although I used an example when explaining which is exactly what happened in this game! :P

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:23:34 pm »
and so, it has begun  :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :icon_lol: :icon_smile: :icon_surprised: :icon_twisted: :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen: :ra:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »
Lol how do you interpret "any forms of chat are disallowed" in more than one way, slythe?

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 12:28:06 am »
ah yes i am very familiar with the tone that worpex is using here.

so i used to have this boss at work. lets call him brandon. because his name was actually brandon. now brandon was the type of guy that really really really didnt want to be wrong. like ever. he would never ever admit any mistake, even the smallest mistake. i think he was scared about anyone questioning his authority. but what he didnt understand was nobody wanted to question his authority, we just wanted him to make good, thoughtful, fair decisions. i guess he had a huge ego, and on the inside he was really insecure. on the outside though, he was a dick.

when someone asked him a question about a decision that made it seem like his decision might not be perfect, he would respond in a very condescending tone. i called it the "it doesnt matter what you say, i am the boss" tone. atleast thats what i call it in my head. and here i see that same familiar tone being used

terrible unpopular rule, now lets go to the ends of the earth to enforce it, rather than rethink our decision
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:30:43 am by Eshan »

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 01:08:12 am »
Honestly eshan your analogy is a fkn insult towards the job worpex does, and unlike your retarded boss he is putting in his personal time.

We had this discussion before the season and tinkered with the rule during battle royale, the rule is the output from that. What do you suggest, that we remove rules midseason when players who doesnt read the rules get mad for breaking them?

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 02:52:58 am »
@Eshan , Worpex is a pretty cool guy once you get to talk to him, like actual talk (Skype, discord, etc). If you ever get to shoutcast with one of us you might get to know the other side of our personality rather than just some biased point of view from a comment, but yeah, once Worpex has made up his mind, is a little bit hard to change.

In any case, it is true that the manip ruling was submitted before s25 and there was a lot of debate and heat about. Personally, I think that once the rule has been stablished, might as well enforce it. Last season I was given -4pts for unpausing when I thought you said "please" rather than "piss, as in bathroom", it was an honest misunderstanding in a heated moment after 2 hours of double elf gayness. I hope admins make the right decision so that this sort of incident doesn't repeat again.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 06:44:47 am »
We would be getting blasted for not having a pause manip rule also - just like we did during Battle Royale.

Cumulo is right though, we don't change our minds mid-season once a decision is made. Its intentional though, not because we're trying to be a dick. Would you rather an admin team which changed its ruling every time an issue came up or one that responded consistently every time? I personally believe in consistency.

We aren't perfect, not trying to say we are. This rule is new as of this season and its going to take some time to get used to. I believe that its purpose makes the games more exciting and less stressful for players and observers.

Your post is a bit of an overreaction Eshan. We haven't gone to the 'ends of the earth' to enforce it. We haven't even officially enforced it yet! If no rule existed the same discussion would be here but instead about how there should be a rule.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:47:57 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline b100death

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 07:15:31 am »
3.40d Pause Manipulation
If the game is paused there is to be no discussion about the game currently in progress from any players. This includes any forms of manipulation as well as general discussion about the match. Discussion about anything outside from the match is allowed.
I like this rule. Good job Worpex