• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: Week 3
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 05:11:51 pm »
Oh wow, there is a priv chat version of this somewhere?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 06:25:19 pm »
no; rabbit posted the chat in the original replay

btw, how are we suppose to call rabbit?
rabbit/killyoself/ugh?

Ugrilainen

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 07:15:48 pm »
Lol@this thread. 

Remember in round 1, match6, when Darkness cried for help and slythe walked across the map to his base to save him? Isn't that the same scenario (but worse) then me just walking across the map with 3 heroes/fiends and harassing a player who is rushing someone? And player gets rushed, asks for help, and gets it.  Pretty standard to me.

Is there any rule about talking strategy before a game happens? After watching how successful the Q/Renaud game was, how was it not benefitical to say something like "Hey if we are by ourselves/neighboors on the map lets peace". So the game started and I asked him where he was.  Woah we were together. 

I never saved him, I never went into his base to help fight off another player.  I once walked up with 3 heroes, used coil/nova and walked away. I only continued to harass a player that (Note: I started to harass far before he wanted to walk anywhere near Rabbi't base) because when you hoard with 50 food its boring as hell and he just harassed me. It gave me something to do.

In any FFA match, you play the people in your match. Just like Q and Renaud did.  Q/Renaud did what they did because they knew each other, not because it was just random Player 1/2 teaming and a lot of trust.

My brother and I never coordinated any attacks, never really planned anything.  We both just whined when we were being attacked and hoped the other did something, just like every other FFA player in every damn FML game. Like Renaud said, we both just wanted to hit the guy who was hellbent on suiciding either of us (like how he continued to throw his heroes at my third base harassing me).

If you are going to say "No full teaming," why not put "no full suiciding?" The game I would refer most to so far is Round1, Match2 where Kane gave Renaud the win because he wanted to tank all of Daseland's buildings for no reason at the end of the game, giving himself and Daselend no chance of winning for no reason whatsoever.

Now, why don't you put this rule in? Because its all subjective.  FFA is a game where you do what it takes to win.  We bitch, whine, backstab, trick, lie, undermine, hide buildings, team, harass, etc.... anything to win because its game about micro/chatting/marco and the best player can't always win.

Mysteries of nature : why can you talk so clearly and cleverly while.... nvm.

You were definitely trying to save your brother with the harass. I wish you just have let him die (I know it's hard but Cain did it) and then we would have had a 3 ways with a rich as fuck johny and a high level LW. The show would have been nice, kinda like M16 scenario. Johny would have had to break 50 earlier.

About the "full teaming rule" I agree with you, it is a mess to enforce

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »
Teaming isn't the issue,

its when you team even if it slightly hurts your own chances of winning because you have an interest in seeing your teammate do well.

The teaming in renaud/Q game is very different from that in the walking/rabbit game.

Walking you can write essays on essays but anyone who watches that replay in its entirety will see you often help rabbit, when it is clearly in your best interest to hoard or to attack johny. LW didn't suicide anyone, he tried to take out a player who he knew disliked him. And then he tried to finish you guys because you both were teaming him hard, letting johny hoard.

Also, I'm against taking away private chat. I rarely ever ever use it, and it screwed me over in the last game, and people like Ebo use it in pathetic slimy ways, but its still part of the game and taking it away would be wrong. It wasn't too long ago where I was a no micro noob like Ebo, trying to get Fly 3v1d so we have to keep the game winnable for all players. Thats what makes FFA special.

PS, in a couple of years I got a lot better at everything Ebo. Its funny that you actually call me a micro player now because the first time i had rank 1 i was 70apm. This is why they still call me a manip master because thats all i used. But its a mystery to me why you are still stuck at your 2003 noob level after 9 years. Dont believe in Ebolution?

Ugrilainen

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 07:34:21 pm »
The debate over private chat sends me 5 years in the past during the long fury / lone war!

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 07:40:40 pm »
considering renaud private chatted to beat the fury chieftain, i think fury won that war =)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:35 pm »
I don't believe in micro. Also, my fingers are bad. If I wanted to try and improve my micro and actually play a game where micro really mattered, I'd stick with solo. FFA is about politics, not micro :)

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:03 am »
Walking you can write essays on essays

Y U WANT MORE?

Ugrilainen

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:48 am »
Walking you can write essays on essays

Y U WANT MORE?

actually i'd like one in your scheduling topic

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 12:26:10 am »

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 07:50:05 am »
You were definitely trying to save your brother with the harass. I wish you just have let him die (I know it's hard but Cain did it)
lol

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 12:36:37 pm »
cain din't let his brother die... he killed him