April 19, 2024, 02:15:07 am

Author Topic: Week 3  (Read 8334 times)

Magadansky

Re: Week 3
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 10:48:08 am »
I am down with both private chat and full teaming. (no surprise here)

EDIT: And also, it was the worst week because the shitty Gold rush made it to the map pool. Just remove it next time because it is a pain of a map.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:53:08 am by Magadansky »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:06 am »
It was intentionally vague and actually I had the Q + Renaud game in mind. Basically, pre-teaming w/o saying anything before the game starts, doing all that within the initial 5min. 
Well the way you phrased it the "full game teaming" thing doesn't apply to me or Renaud because we didn't team based on some player's reputation. If anything that applies most to the Magadansky/Starshaped/Ebo/QHKane game.

Also looks like I can ask for peace after 5 minutes and everything is peachy. Seems like there's plenty of loopholes to exploit in your new rule.

Its not a rule. It's a warning. It isn't official nor are their any plans to make it official at this time.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 01:49:57 pm »
These things happened in ladder I'm not sure why they would be a rule against it. It seems to be a rule against a very small number of players. I propose a new rule, anyone with apm over 150 should get deducted 5 points and if it's over 200 they should be deducted 10 points. It seems arbitrary like the thing you suggested and it punishes a very small number of players. It seems fair.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
Well, Q, I'm a low apm player who wins mostly through smart teaming, and I'm OK with no priv chat - I think it just makes for more exciting games, which, in the end, keeps the league and FFA overall, alive.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »
on bnet, especially with humans, this map has been always a hoarder map. so i donīt expect too many short games, but overall OFC quicker ones than on goldrush.

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:35 pm »
can we just give the second player/winner 5 points more? xD they willl more care ;D

Offline Murrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MightyMurrock
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »
DRAMAAAAAAAAAAA!!1!1!!!ONE

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »
can we just give the second player/winner 5 points more? xD they willl more care ;D

Clearly, we need to give people more incentive not to play for the win.

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:36 pm »
Lol@this thread. 

Remember in round 1, match6, when Darkness cried for help and slythe walked across the map to his base to save him? Isn't that the same scenario (but worse) then me just walking across the map with 3 heroes/fiends and harassing a player who is rushing someone? And player gets rushed, asks for help, and gets it.  Pretty standard to me.

Is there any rule about talking strategy before a game happens? After watching how successful the Q/Renaud game was, how was it not benefitical to say something like "Hey if we are by ourselves/neighboors on the map lets peace". So the game started and I asked him where he was.  Woah we were together. 

I never saved him, I never went into his base to help fight off another player.  I once walked up with 3 heroes, used coil/nova and walked away. I only continued to harass a player that (Note: I started to harass far before he wanted to walk anywhere near Rabbi't base) because when you hoard with 50 food its boring as hell and he just harassed me. It gave me something to do.

In any FFA match, you play the people in your match. Just like Q and Renaud did.  Q/Renaud did what they did because they knew each other, not because it was just random Player 1/2 teaming and a lot of trust.

My brother and I never coordinated any attacks, never really planned anything.  We both just whined when we were being attacked and hoped the other did something, just like every other FFA player in every damn FML game. Like Renaud said, we both just wanted to hit the guy who was hellbent on suiciding either of us (like how he continued to throw his heroes at my third base harassing me).

If you are going to say "No full teaming," why not put "no full suiciding?" The game I would refer most to so far is Round1, Match2 where Kane gave Renaud the win because he wanted to tank all of Daseland's buildings for no reason at the end of the game, giving himself and Daselend no chance of winning for no reason whatsoever.

Now, why don't you put this rule in? Because its all subjective.  FFA is a game where you do what it takes to win.  We bitch, whine, backstab, trick, lie, undermine, hide buildings, team, harass, etc.... anything to win because its game about micro/chatting/marco and the best player can't always win.

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 03:55:29 pm »

Clearly, we need to give people more incentive not to play for the win.

Give second 9 points if they don't get top in scoring, 11 points if they do get top in scoring.  Problem solved!

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »
Well, for once I agree with Walking, on the macro level of course. In terms of that particular game - M13 -, conflict of interest WAS present in his match, and we just need to be more careful with that in the future (cough /sensored/ cough). The least subjective solution to this would be to 1. disallow priv chat (if there is cause for concern, admins request player's replay version) 2. not invite potential conflict of interest in the future.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:03:51 pm by Rygorbro »

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »
In any FFA match, you play the people in your match. Just like Q and Renaud did.  Q/Renaud did what they did because they knew each other, not because it was just random Player 1/2 teaming and a lot of trust.
Actually for the first 30 minutes I was constantly expecting my base to get chimed to death.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »
lol, yeah, I was scared Q would tank me out of fear of being chimed :P

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:07 pm »
I was scared you were going to chim out of fear of being tanked by Q who feared you were going to chim him... and then Eshan would win.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »
My brother and I never coordinated any attacks, never really planned anything.

Except you know, at the start of the game, right?

(00:11 / Walking.TrL) KiLLyoSeLF: f!&# im tired
(00:19 / KiLLyoSeLF) Walking.TrL: where you at
(00:28 / Walking.TrL) KiLLyoSeLF: bottom left
(00:29 / KiLLyoSeLF) Walking.TrL: i had to work at 6 today
(00:33 / KiLLyoSeLF) Walking.TrL: i am left mid
(00:45 / Walking.TrL) KiLLyoSeLF: k scout up and i scout right

Is this also why you both refuse to upload your version of the replay? Because you "never planned anything!"