March 29, 2024, 02:23:03 am

Author Topic: Rule Adjustments  (Read 7729 times)

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
Re: Rule Adjustments
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
All chat in FFA is a form of manip

Even if you are talking about the weather, its a form of building reporte and comradery, making friends with the other player, establishing passive alliances etc.

Therefore, since I cannot prevail upon you regarding the unfairn and authoritarian nature of this rule, I will be issuing the "manip warning" immediately upon any player chat in pause
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:26:35 pm by Eshan »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 11:21:57 pm »
I agree, there is no real point in talking about the weather or the toppings you ordered in your pizza last night while we wait for the other player to get back. If anything everyone should just be quiet and any form of conversation initiated by any player should be reported with a warning.
Players can continue crying after everyone says go.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:00 pm »
You're 100% right, a lot of stuff can be taken for manip. That said, we aren't going to go ban crazy with this. If you mention that your blade master just wrecked a murloc in the chat, you probably will just get a warning, even if it was after the first warning.

We are mostly targeting teaming and heavy manip behind a players back with this ruling. We aren't going to throw penalties out like candy for little things that don't matter. That said, I wouldn't take any chances either. It's very well possible that something you think is little we may not.

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 02:21:49 am »
My experience is the admins are a lot more level-headed than us hot-headed players. You would do something unfair before they would, you know what I mean?

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 03:43:52 am »
Eshan, you are the only one complaining about this rule. its such an insignificant rule that should not have an impact on the game.

Bottom line: Pause is a pause. Its not to be abused because its unfair.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:56:21 am by zTsoso »

Offline deluded

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 05:04:52 am »
@reno: I don't see how the new rule setup makes necessity for admin intervention less likely.

previous setup: all chat allowed during pause. deal with it. period.

new setup: some chat allowed during pause. debates will come up whether specific cases fall into the "undesired" category or not. admin intervention required.

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 06:17:37 am »
The new rules are definitely an improvement.
Imo it would be even better if all players were only allowed to say "rdy" or "go" in the time where we wait until the guy gets back. If he isn't back in 10 mins they could unpause if they all agree.

Eshan is making up all sorts of ridiculous arguments like "i like to chat during pause, and I want to talk about the game". Those are not serious arguments, and has nothing to do with improving the game play. Its about Eshan trying to preserve his own interest by stopping rules that prevent manip as he is known for :D

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:34:07 am by zTsoso »

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 08:22:59 am »
why isnt chatting during pause allowed anymore? i can understand that in 1n1 situations like qwest abused it. but when they gather their 300 food in front of your base to team you for name (i know soso cant relate) its nice to pause and try to talk some sense into 2 of those teamers. i was against manipping pauses too but during TBR they came in quite handly and I musst admit i was wrong. It rather helps the good players to stop teaming than the noobs to coordinate teaming. since soso and all admins are teaming noobs i can understand their hate towards manip pauses. But please think about skilled players like eshan 3/0 in TBR and me 2/1 in TBR. they should be renamed to countermanip pauses btw. So stop listening to pasle tongue soso who obv has no idea in ffa since he went 0/3 in anonymous gametype #LOL #Whatannob #Gingerdown

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:21 am »

Bottom line: Pause is a pause. Its not to be abused because its unfair.

there is nothing unfair about it, if the other guy gets back then he can read all the nonsense the other three losers were typing. The problem is that it would make the pause unnecessarily longer (at least it should) since the guy who gets back would (imo) take the time to read all comments and reply. I think this rule is understandable and if people wanna manip then they should do it while multitasking rather than prolonging the game as if no one else had other business to do on the weekends.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 09:36:06 am »
WC3 is a real-time strategy game. Let's keep the strategy in real-time please!

Offline SweeT

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SweeT
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 06:12:59 am »
Please abolish the rule that you can't talk about game during pauses. Let's be honest, everyone loves the drama and chatting during pauses is fun - like cumulo said, the guy who went to the toilet can just read everything that was said anyway when he comes back. I'd hate to wait 10 minutes for someone in complete silence.

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 12:05:27 am »
Let's be honest, everyone loves the drama

I hate the drama.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 03:48:51 pm »
Just gonna deal with facts here: manip is a part of the game. banning chat during pause is beneficial for certain players who dont like chat/manip and are more micro players

Soso said i am "known" for manip. manip is a tool in FFA. Some players dont know how to handle manip so they make all these rules or moral comments against it. Fact is, its a tool. Stop trying to change the game because you dont like it. In the past ten comments alone, Sweet, Cumulo, deluded, shave, and me spoke against it. Soso has always been against pause chat, and dovekie doesnt even play in this league. He just likes to come in and comment with his views as he pleases. @worpex "wc3 is a RTS game" You just proved out point - REAL TIME strategy means we dont stop the game waiting for one player. Thats turn-based. The definition of real time means the game keeps going lol

banning chat  in certain situations, is like banning warkeys for creating unfair micro advntages, or banning masonry for human because its OP

Just leave the game as it is. Give us more options. Dont take them AWAY.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »
scenario 1:

you pause with the sole attempt to manip = you get penalty points I guess? because you don't need to pause since you can manip while playing/losing.

scenario 2:

you pause because you need to go to the rest room, the other three players don't say a word while you are away, you get back and ask if ready, all say go and you proceed with your game. 0 manip and no penalty points.

scenario 3:

you pause because you need to go to the rest room, the other three players start talking about stupid stuff whether is about the game or something else (points, new patch fixes, your mother had an endoscopy, w/e), so when you get back you interpret their chat as "manip", so you: a) you read, then respond while the pause is still going and drag the game longer than it needs to be, or b)you read, then unpause and then reply to the manip. Considering that the former is more likely to happen than the latter, then we are back to scenario 1 where you first pause, but don't inmmediately manip, wait few minutes, then manip.
I think it's better to just shut the fuck up while the game is paused. It has nothing to do with micro or better players disliking manip, it has to do with using the pauses for something not related with the game at all, which imo is either restroom or something urgent that may come up for any player during the game.

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »
@worpex "wc3 is a RTS game" You just proved out point - REAL TIME strategy means we dont stop the game waiting for one player. Thats turn-based. The definition of real time means the game keeps going lol
This is so mind numbingly dumb, I'm not even sure how to respond. Playing the game while your opponent is on the toilet is not "real time" and pausing a game is not "turn based".
Get a fucking grip dude. It's a really fucking small change: don't manip during pauses. The only thing it does is literally evening the playing field.