March 28, 2024, 04:46:41 am

Author Topic: TBR Winner!  (Read 1814 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
TBR Winner!
« on: March 19, 2017, 02:55:15 am »
:FMLN:

Congratulations to your Team Battle Royale winner: :gold: House of Ravenclaw! :gold: And of course to all its members!

:USA: Mog[skynet] (captain)
:Switzerland: noexxx
:Russia: Qwest
:USA: Eshan
:Russia: Dinamo
:Sweden: fetta_ook
:Germany: QQs
:Germany: ena1337
:Poland: Gradient
:Switzerland: Uther01

The Ravenclaw team name will be added to our Hall of Fame to commemorate their victory.

Ravenclaw showed a strong performance throughout the tournament, often trailing just behind Ponty Saint Germain, but they were able to push into first place during the last week of team games. Ponty Saint Germain also showed great performances, shocking everyone with a huge lead in points in the first two weeks. Mozarts of FFA were able to get only a few wins during the 4-way games, but came back fiercely with many impressive wins in the team games, ending with 10 points--as many points as Ponty Saint Germain. Not to forget Team Blatant Manip Flava (Team Maybe Next Time), they came close to winning in many games but fortune was not on their side as they ended the event with clean-slate of 0 wins, an achievement in its own right.

This marks the conclusion of our first Team Battle Royale event. In retrospect, it hardly seems like this event was a mere 4 weeks since we were able to pack so many games into such a short time period. Based on the feedback so far, it seems to have been a success overall, so hopefully there will be more TBR to come in the future, as we revisit the concept and make tweaks to the format. It was FML's first ever team-based event and I think there were definitely some lessons learned and things we would change for next time. More than anything, it was great to see our community compete and interact in an entirely new way with emphasis on collaboration and fighting for your team rather than just for yourself.

So thank you all for participating and making this event a fun one! Stay tuned for new information as we begin to gear up for the next iteration of FML, the milestone 25th season and Silver Anniversary!

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: TBR Winner!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:07:29 am »
Congratulations to Team Ravenclaw and Mog[Skynet] for leading their team to victory!!!

This really was an amazing event and incredibly unique. I loved the team based culture that we had an the anonymous names were actually a lot of fun! Definitely want to see it happen again! Need a break from it for sure, as fun as it was, it was also fairly exhausting for the admin team and the team captains. To Season 25!!

I do need to correct one thing because thats what I do, this was actually the second FML team based event... but this was the first successful one! First one was back in season 4 or 5 and flopped pretty badly.

Offline b100death

Re: TBR Winner!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:08:38 am »
Congratulations to Team Ravenclaw too. You are fellows !
It was awesome battles weekes. I hope you continue to develop this league and make it even better and more interesting.
FML,FFA,BTR # 1 in WC3
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:16:11 am by b100death »