March 28, 2024, 06:01:04 pm

Author Topic: FFA map submission  (Read 2454 times)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
FFA map submission
« on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:39 pm »
With just about one week for the Build a World Contest to finish, we've seen some of the most beautiful artwork submitted here at FML. Most of them of course coming from the Hive, and others from independent workers  :icon_biggrin:. My main goal for this event was to come up with three distinct and unique maps that would encompass all of the FFA type of maps, such as 8 way, 6 way and 4 way. I'm here to present you my three creations that I hope will make FFA great again  :icon_razz:.

Equalrium

This is an 8 player map greatly inspired by two of the most played FFA maps in FML, Market Square and Twilight ruins.

Latest fixes:
- The green camps at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 clock now have lvl 1 permanent items rather than lvl 2.
- The Skeleton warriors and Skeleton champions around the center now drop the same items found in Twilight ruins, that is lvl 4 charged item and lvl 2 power up.
- The coral water elementals at 3, 6, 9, and 12 clock now drop lvl 4 permanent items instead of lvl 4 charged.
- The ground has been greatly improved with the raise and smooth tools.
- Additional doodads have been added, as well as removed from certain spots.
- One thing to keep in mind, although the map shows a large number of gold mines, the amount of gold in each one is as follows: 12.5k for the starting spawns, the natural expansions and four of the centered expansions only have 8k, while the rest have 10k in them. Adding all of these gold mines it comes to around the same amount of gold from Market Square and Twilight ruins

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ul4948o2v68n7r3/%288%29Equalrium.w3x

Neon City

This is a 6 player map that was also inspired by one of the oldest FFA maps I can remember, Silverpine, maybe that's because whenever I hear 6 way I immediately think of Silverpine.

Latest fixes:
- The ground on the islands had been reworked so that no one can build a main base up there, you can however drop or hide units and walk by the luxurious upper city  :icon_cool:.
- The natural expansions have similar creeps to those found in Market Square and Northshire, which means you need to creep it just like you do it on those two maps, otherwise you may lose some units.
- The ground has been greatly improved with the raise and smooth tools.
- Another thing to keep in mind, unlike Silverpine, this map has 4 extra gold mines, for this reason the amount of gold at your starting spawns and natural expansions has less than those found in Silverpine. Nevertheless the total amount of gold is nearly the same as it is in Silverpine.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cnprrjg9g66gru7/%286%29Neon+City.w3x

Meson de la Taberna

Unlike my previous two maps, this one was not inspired by any other FFA maps, instead I focused on the game Street Fighter II, hence the name of this map. Furthermore, I think this map incorporates  everything I've learned about creating a map from the past month and a half so I would consider this the best I've done so far.

Latest Fixes:
- The fences from the center of the map around the tavern have been removed so that night elf players who send their wisp early on can gather wood while waiting for their hero to be available, or just for scouting purposes.
- One last thing to keep in mind, the creeps at the center of the map are independent. In other words you can creep the two green camps that surround the orange camp without causing them, the creeps from the orange camp, to attack you, unless of course you deliberately drag them to you.
- The islands have unbuildable ground so there is no way for anyone to build a main base up there.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/klj8x5ytbes8wx9/%284%29Meson+de+la+Taberna.w3x

P.D., Thanks to the admin staff for creating such an event and everyone else who helped me in the process of the creation of these maps. I think the last time I opened World Editor was in 2005 and I had no clue you could create such wonders.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:42:15 am by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
Re: FFA map submission
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:58:42 pm »
Bottom one looks like a mini-harvest of sorrow. :D

Offline blast870

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: selfy
  • Race: Random
Re: FFA map submission
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:11:18 pm »
Cool maps, Cumulo! The recent ones are much more natural and good looking.
What about you try something you haven't done before? Like the one based on shallow water and hills!