April 27, 2024, 10:29:31 am

Author Topic: Season 24 Semifinal Round  (Read 7791 times)

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Season 24 Semifinal Round
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:02 am »
Semifinal 1
:Germany::hu: GEASS
:Peru::ud: NoMercy2
:Russia::ud: qwest
:Peru::hu: Zs.SuperCumulo

Breakdown of playstyles:

Qwest hides armies and somehow comes on top of the game through manipulation and cunning play. He plays aggressive at start and then likes to sit back and control the 3-way.

Cumulo flies under the radar most of the time, but can hold his own against almost any player of the league with his good micro. Cumulo is a trained player who knows how to win games, but hasn't rly been tested against the best players this season.

Nomercy is ignored the entire game and has won many games because of that. This game I can't see him holding on a 1on1. Depending on spawning position, someone will be lucky enough to be next to him, so they can tome him effectively.

Geass has learned to see through the manipulation and teaming of strong micro players. I hope he doesn't lean back and wait to be teamed if he gets in an advantagous position. His best bet is to take charge in the 3-way and not allow Qwest/cumulo to hide gold/armies. The best way to do that is establish high lvl heroes early on and some gold so u can keep the players in check by scouting and analyzing gold by the ammount of gold mines each player had + food count.

Semifinal 2
:Kazakhstan::ud: DV-
:Germany::ra: Slythe
:Russia::ne: Dinamo
:Finland::ra: Rain

Many players of this season has flown under the radar and snapped relatively easy wins due to the match making system. Rain is one of those in my opinion. But now everyone knows his playstyle and will not let him get wins so easily. We have 3 cunning players in Rain, Slythe and DV - I forsee DV and Rain checking on each other while Dinamo and Slythe should try to fight with one another if they want a chance to get to the 3-way where one of them (or both) can flourish. In the end I think it will come down to a few buildings where Rain will take the win.

I hope for Dinamo's sake that he will pick night elf (his best race) and not play passively. He has been succesful in early fights vs non-top players, so I think he should try take the fight to slythe while getting at least 2 expansions to start with. Of course the map will ultimately decide what strategy each player bring to the table
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:56:33 am by zTsoso »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 10:00:28 am »

Geass has learned to see through the manipulation and teaming of strong micro players. I hope he doesn't lean back and wait to be teamed if he gets in an advantagous position. His best bet is to take charge in the 3-way and not allow Qwest/cumulo to hide gold/armies. The best way to do that is establish high lvl heroes early on and some gold so u can keep the players in check by scouting and analyzing gold by the ammount of gold mines each player had + food count.

Lol noob, if you had followed any of your suggestions you would be in semifinals. Instead you played bad and barely managed to win a game after Pinball gave you the win. This is why you don't deserve to be in semifinals this season  :icon_razz:. :icon_lol:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 02:24:19 pm »
Semifinal 1
:Germany::hu: GEASS
:Peru::ud: NoMercy2
:Russia::ud: qwest
:Peru::hu: Zs.SuperCumulo

Hate to say it but I think Culo/Unpauselo takes this. Geass has stopped playing wc3, NoMercy just sucks, and qwest plays the exact same style every single game: pretend to be dead with 100 food hidden army and hope nobody scouts. It's not going to work unless you play vs noobs.
With a few tactical unpauses Culo should take this.

Semifinal 2
:Kazakhstan::ud: DV-
:Germany::ra: Slythe
:Russia::ne: Dinamo
:Finland::ra: Rain

DV is favored on paper, but actually any of these players can beat him in 1v1 on a good day. Rain played weird last game I saw him, going KotG first and then getting raped every fight, until he turned it around and started winning every fight in the end. Slythe can play well, but being limited by his ~110 apm I don't see him as the favorite here. Dinamo has shown some good plays too, but it seems he often starts falling apart in final stages.
I choose Rain as the favorite here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:35:54 pm by Tleilaxu »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 02:58:35 pm »
Unpauseulo©, Master of the Tactical Unpause©

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 04:00:04 pm »
FML really wanna prevent any German to become Champ. Weakud out due to dubios tiebreaker and Cumo´s only bonsai malus points and Geass overteamed by subs Renaud and Mog, so the preferred American can make it directly into finals instead plus again the cloudy Tiebreaker.

We need Judge Shave for a close revision of these events.

And i call ponty to his side, because same as Germany, France never was allowed to win enough to gain the title and even heavily punished with -points.

You have quite the imagination!

Haha, Worp, the following joke comes into my mind ( hope the transaltion is correct):

A woman at the psychologist:

The psychologist: Do you suffer from delusional ideas?

The woman: No, i enjoy them.

And eeeeh, at the end of the season it´s often a bit boring, so i am trying to make something up (since i am not really into the mapmaking besides playing some of those), don´t nip things in the bud with your almighty admin behaviour ;-D.

haha, thats a good joke! You are right though, I will get Red to post the tie-breaker results so that its not so ambiguous.

Tie breaker rules can be found at FML rulebook, see http://ffamasters.net/index.php?page=1

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 04:07:44 pm »
@FML|red7z7 , why did you add more points to those defeated in round 3 ? Wouldnt it be simpler and more fair to use their score no matter how "low" it may seem?

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »
It's a way to normalize the scores. We could have allowed everyone to play all 5 rounds, but we didn't because we want games to increase in skill throughout the season. It makes sense for people to be awarded for beating better players but it doesn't make sense to punish someone for beating a player that dropped out after round 2 (for whatever reason).

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 11:03:43 pm »
okay so the tie-breakers. It seems Red isn't going to post them. :P I guess i'll do it!

:USA: AlienWareOwnZ vs :Germany: GEASS (88 Score)

#1: Tie-Breaker points not used this season, so not applicable.
#2: Neither player missed a match.
#3: Did not match each other during the season.
#4: Okay, total up score of those that each player beat (only wins count):

AlienWare: 630
(M2)SuperCumulo: 78
(M2)Dinamo: 80
(M2)Ashalar: 30
(M43)Mog: 70
(M43)QQs: 66
(M43)JAoD: 68
(M56)noexxx: 90
(M56)DV-: 86
(M56)fetta: 62

GEASS: 592
(M12)zTsoso: 76
(M12)Junkerzam: 74
(M12)SUB AJIKAII: 66*
(M38)J33.: 48
(M38)Slythe: 84
(M38)Leader: 32
(M42)SuperCumulo: 78
(M42)Wrecktify: 72
(M42)fetta: 62

AlienWareOwnz had the more difficult wins based off the tiebreaker rules at #4. Thus, he wins the tie-breaker.

---

:Peru: ZsSuperCumulo vs :Germany: WeAkUD (78 Score)

#1: Tie-Breaker points not used this season, so not applicable.
#2: Neither player missed a match.
#3: Did not match each other during the season.
#4: Okay, time to do this math shit again:

ZsSuperCumulo: 376
(M22)SUB Wrecktify: 72*
(M22)red7z7: 46
(M22)Persuade: 42
(M30)SUB qwest: 80*
(M30)Mog: 70
(M30)SUB AJIKAII: 66*

WeAkUD: 360
(M9)SUB GEASS: 88*
(M9)SUB fetta: 62*
(M9)ostone: 32
(M29)ena1337: 32
(M29)Observe: 72
(M29)junkerzam: 74

Neither player really had impressive wins when compared to our previous tie-break scenario but SuperCumulo just barely has the edge here and wins the tie-breaker.

*If a player beat a sub, then estimate that sub's total score by finding their average points per game. In all these cases, all subs played in the season and their season score was used.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:12:55 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:59 am »
Oh, you wanted the actual numbers :)

Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gi5FxyPSySFefJJnDHY8WHDn7GrTy3Ul9wXdiVDSTi0/edit?usp=sharing

Worpex numbers are slightly off since need to normalize players that were eliminated early to make it as if they had played all 5 rounds. For example ena1337 would have average points per game (32/3) since he has points for 3 rounds in the standings. His total would be 32 + 10.67 + 10.67 = 53.33