March 28, 2024, 05:30:15 pm

Author Topic: Season 24 Semifinal Round  (Read 7720 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
Season 24 Semifinal Round
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:31:56 am »
:FMLN:

Welcome back! First congratulations to the round 5 winners qwest, Tleilaxu, Dinamo, Slythe, AlienWareOwnZ and Renaud x2! This round had many great games and it is with sadness that not all players can proceed to the next stage. However, this was the make-or-break round and it came extremely close between many players, with most places needing to be decided by tie break. Without further ado, these are the two players that will proceed directly to your season 24 finals:

:Switzerland::hu: noexxx
:USA::ra: AlienWareOwnZ

And here are your two semifinal matches:

Semifinal 1
:Germany::hu: GEASS
:Peru::ud: NoMercy2
:Russia::ud: qwest
:Peru::hu: Zs.SuperCumulo

Semifinal 2
:Kazakhstan::ud: DV-
:Germany::ra: Slythe
:Russia::ne: Dinamo
:Finland::ra: Rain

Having the highest scores, GEASS and DV- will be granted the option of selecting the map for their respective matches. Maps must be chosen from the collective map pools from this season, and must be chosen within 48 hours (if not selected in time, admins will choose the map). Games should be played before 29 January. Good luck!

DV-

Re: Season 24 Semifinal Round
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:46:32 am »
S1: manip galore

Offline deluded

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 06:03:54 am »
How was the tie between alien and geass resolved?

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:08:51 am »
How was the tie between alien and geass resolved?

Alien beat opponents who in total accumulated more points than those Geass beat.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 12:34:54 pm »
We all know whats going to happen, someone won't show up for the semifinals, I'll sub and win my way into the finals again!

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 04:14:13 pm »
For reference here is the full map pool from this season:

Duststorm
Battleground
Tranquil Paths FML
Murgul Oasis
Sanctuary
Emerald Shores FML
Northshire
Sunrock Cove
Deadlock
Bloodstone Mesa
Twilight Ruins
Anarchy Castle
Savage Storm
Harvest of Sorrows
Hurricane Isles
Monsoon
Fountain of Manipulation
Silverpine Forest
Lost Temple
Goldrush
The Crucible FML
Deathrose
Market Square
Twisted Meadows FML
Thunder Lake FML
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:15:59 pm by FML|red7z7 »

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »
No Orcs. Fucking racist community of FML. Next season revenge for the horde well be sought ! ! !

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 11:10:14 pm »
Renaud made sure to kill last Orc's hope (Eshan) in round 5  :icon_razz:.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:46 am »
FML really wanna prevent any German to become Champ. Weakud out due to dubios tiebreaker and Cumo´s only bonsai malus points and Geass overteamed by subs Renaud and Mog, so the preferred American can make it directly into finals instead plus again the cloudy Tiebreaker.

We need Judge Shave for a close revision of these events.

And i call ponty to his side, because same as Germany, France never was allowed to win enough to gain the title and even heavily punished with -points.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 08:38:04 am »
FML really wanna prevent any German to become Champ. Weakud out due to dubios tiebreaker and Cumo´s only bonsai malus points and Geass overteamed by subs Renaud and Mog, so the preferred American can make it directly into finals instead plus again the cloudy Tiebreaker.

And i call ponty to his side, because same as Germany, France never was allowed to win enough to gain the title and even heavily punished with -points.

there are two germans in semifinals, you guys have a decent chance.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:15 am »

You have quite the imagination!

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 09:05:16 am »

there are two germans in semifinals, you guys have a decent chance.

You are two Peruvians in one Semi, so the chance of a Peruvian going into the final and winning the belt is higher? :D

And i bet there played around 25 different Germans in the league, but only 2-3 Peruvians at best.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:47 am »

Haha, Worp, the following joke comes into my mind ( hope the transaltion is correct):

A woman at the psychologist:

The psychologist: Do you suffer from delusional ideas?

The woman: No, i enjoy them.

And eeeeh, at the end of the season it´s often a bit boring, so i am trying to make something up (since i am not really into the mapmaking besides playing some of those), don´t nip things in the bud with your almighty admin behaviour ;-D.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 09:15:46 am »
Semifinal 1
:Germany::hu: GEASS
:Peru::ud: NoMercy2
:Russia::ud: qwest
:Peru::hu: Zs.SuperCumulo

I don't really think this will be the result - probably comes down to Humie and Supes.  I would have said Humie before last week, but by god if Renaud can whoop you in the mirror I am sure Supes can.  Qwest's chances come down to map choice, and I doubt Humie can think that strategicorically.  That said Undead is the worst race to ever come out in a Blizzard game, so Qwest has about a ~2% chance of winning.

Oh yeah that other guy in this game!  Well, he will likely get tomed by Humieor Supes, but if he doesnt (~25% chance Merc survives the 30 minute mark) I would say hes the odds on favorite to win.  I mean... he is not even a remote threat in this lineup, and he's won all the games where we could say that.  Maybe he has mastered that art of Cloak of Invisibility? 

If I was Humie I would probably play a smaller map like Fountain of Manip or Lost Temple. 

Semifinal 2
:Kazakhstan::ud: DV-
:Germany::ra: Slythe
:Russia::ne: Dinamo
:Finland::ra: Rain

I actually think all of the players have a pretty equal shot in this match, slight edge goes to Rain and DV-, but a pretty stacked line up either way.  I hope I get to cast this Q_Q!  I think DV should pick a more macro intensive map and use his Gloves of Manip +12 to have everyone fight his battles.  He may get impatient and pick something like Silverpine though, which has Macro elements but is overall a pretty small map/short game.

Since Rain and DV- pick whatever race they feel like playing that day, and Slythe randoms its hard to say who will come out on top.  The only things I can predict are rage between DV and Slythe, Rain being indecisive, and Dinamo complaining about American Teamers.   I think Rain is the least likely to ruffle feathers in this game, and has the best micro, so I'll say he wins.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 09:23:20 am »

Haha, Worp, the following joke comes into my mind ( hope the transaltion is correct):

A woman at the psychologist:

The psychologist: Do you suffer from delusional ideas?

The woman: No, i enjoy them.

And eeeeh, at the end of the season it´s often a bit boring, so i am trying to make something up (since i am not really into the mapmaking besides playing some of those), don´t nip things in the bud with your almighty admin behaviour ;-D.

haha, thats a good joke! You are right though, I will get Red to post the tie-breaker results so that its not so ambiguous.