April 19, 2024, 12:46:56 pm

Author Topic: M51 Result  (Read 4642 times)

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: M51 Result
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:04 am »
this deduction may or may not leave cumulo out of finals, any higher deduction would have been extremely likely to strip him of his chances.

cumulo save your farfetched explanations pliss

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 11:10:32 am »
Thanks for your straightforward reply junkerzam, the one thing I can get out of this game, is to pay close attention to the chat when pausing or unpausing. Nevertheless, it was honestly a misunderstanding of what Eshan typed and not me trying to prevent him from going to the bathroom ...

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 12:05:09 pm »
Thanks for your straightforward reply junkerzam, the one thing I can get out of this game, is to pay close attention to the chat when pausing or unpausing. Nevertheless, it was honestly a misunderstanding of what Eshan typed and not me trying to prevent him from going to the bathroom ...

Thank you for being honest and sorry that this action was seen as more bad mannered. In my opinion you are one of the most trustworthy and dedicated members of the community. However, repeated unpausing in the same game and with having done it earlier in the season also isn't something we can just ignore. I believe that you didn't intend to do it to be harmful to Eshan or the game. The penalty points were really more of a warning as it shouldn't impact your playoff chances!

As for Eshan, hiding buildings at the end is definitely bad manner but its also difficult to enforce. There have been plenty of FML games won by players who have hidden buildings and came back. In fact, I lost to DV- doing it to me earlier in the season. Granted, these situations were different in many ways but it really stands as a judgement call on the observers as to whether or not the action was badmanner or not. We can't really make a direct rule regarding the situation.

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Race: Random
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 01:01:19 pm »
The most important point is that cumulo's unpause did not have any effect on the game. I believe it is important that admins can "forgive" players in some cases like this where the rules are not updated and the violation did not really have any effect on the game. A minor incident that is only worsened by the fact that Cumulo has done the same thing in the past.

Of course unpausing is not acceptable and should be prevented in any case, but sometimes it should actually be acceptable to do so. Say if Eshan paused and started manipulating to save himself. Then it would from my point of view be legitimate to unpause for Cumulo. However, Cumulo's actions cannot be defended on these grounds here since Eshan had not even started to chat or manip. So there is really no defending this.

If Cumulo's unpausing had an effect on the game, like causing Eshan to lose or something along these lines, it would be legitimate to ruin his semi final chances. But in this case I think we should allow him the chance to advance and move on to think about how we can prevent "abuse" in the future.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:03:57 pm by zTsoso »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »
@FML|WorpeX the first time the unpause happened in round 2, I was fighting Persuade, but at the same time (and I wasn't aware of this) Red was fighting Wrecktify. Now, before I unpaused I asked if ready and I saw in chat that all colors were chatting, blue, yellow and pink, and when they said "go" I simply assumed that everyone was ready so I unpaused, but Wrecktify apparently hadn't said go, so he was trying to get the game replayed; however as soon as I unpaused, two seconds later Wrecktify casted stomp from his TC and even won the fight vs Red, the latter did say go when I asked to unpause.

From the game of yesterday I was trying to get his last tree of Ages killed because he transmuted one of my last tanks so when I was killing it with my three heroes, and losing my main at the same time to Renaud, he asked me not to kill his tree of Ages, then pauses and types "piss", which again, believe it or not I understood it as please which is why I thought he was pausing for talking me into not killing his tree of Ages after I warned him not to transmute my tank. And that's why I unpaused the game immediately after he paused, to avoid manipulation during the pause.

In both cases my intentions in the act of unpausing the game had no desire to harm other players or benefit me so that I could win the game. The fact that you are giving -4 pts makes me think that admins find me guilty as charged for something that quite frankly had no effect in the outcome of the game.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 03:18:46 pm »
The previous match where Cumulo unpaused was completely different circumstances. That time, he was the one who paused, so he wasn't denying someone else their pause. He also had no way of knowing that Wreck and myself were in the middle of a battle. Yes, it was careless but admins determined that there was no intention of abuse. He also received a warning. Also rule 3.40c did not exist at the time so there was no explicit violation of the rules.

This time, Cumulo was unpausing (multiple times) for Eshan's pause, clearly with antagonistic intent as he was flaming Eshan at the same time. Whether this was in reaction to reading "pliss" or "piss" is a moot point.

Of course unpausing is not acceptable and should be prevented in any case, but sometimes it should actually be acceptable to do so. Say if Eshan paused and started manipulating to save himself. Then it would from my point of view be legitimate to unpause for Cumulo. However, Cumulo's actions cannot be defended on these grounds here since Eshan had not even started to chat or manip. So there is really no defending this.

With the new rules in place, players should never unpause for another player unless that player has been away for longer than 10 minutes, regardless of the circumstances. If you believe that the pause was intended as abuse, for example if the player paused during the middle of a fight that they themselves are fighting, and without valid reason, then you can report that instance to admins after the game and admins will make the call if a penalty is warranted.

Edit: regarding the amount of points deducted, in this case it puts Cumulo at risk of elimination.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:21:29 pm by FML|red7z7 »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 03:57:42 pm »
Going to close this thread. I've been listening to arguments on the ruling for a few hours now as it appears there is a lot of discontent about it. At this point, there will be no further changes.

If you feel punishment was not harsh enough, please read @zTsoso 's post. If you feel it should not have happened, @FML|red7z7 post.

Thanks and congratulations to Renaud for an epic victory!!!