April 26, 2024, 06:58:42 am

Author Topic: Presenting, the 8 player map: Equalrium  (Read 1466 times)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Presenting, the 8 player map: Equalrium
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:18:47 pm »
After a little bit over one week I have finished my master piece. I hope this map brings some great games to our community, specially next season  :icon_mrgreen:.

Link to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f7fchm52dj83xba/%288%29Equalrium.w3x

Mini map:

Equalrium map:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:13:42 am by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Ponty

Re: Presenting, the 8 player map: Equalrium
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:48:56 pm »
Beautiful map and terrain, but from the 2 games I obsed I think there are some balance problems like I said to you (some starting slots get easier access to the labs, also as hu you can get your natural extremely fast and you can block the entrance of the mid mines by putting lumbermills in front of the gates and mass towers behind for example)

Would need some more testing to have a real opinion  :icon_biggrin:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:38:35 pm »
The wait is over!!!!! i'll see if I can get some games on it

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:52:26 pm »
Thank you for your feedback @Ponty

I understand the shredder dilema. The thing with it is that I put it as an alternative for zepellin and also because I didnt want to have 4 markets with the same creeps, so 2 Labs and 2 markets with different creeps would fit better imo (more diversity).
Now, regarding the lumber advantage for those who get the shredder; I really don't know how much of an advantage it'll give to those who get it, I mean the map has plenty of wood so you should be able to be ok, but ofc yes It will give some edge to those who manage to get it. Nevertheless I like to think that by getting a shredder u may miss on creeping other camps or expoing somewhere else, I really would like to see how much of a difference it makes in terms on macro, but I think it can be recoverable. Of course it also adds a little bit of luck effects to those near the lab, so maybe it's ok.

Yes the natural expansion is somewhat easy to creep, and the fact that is right next to your starting spawn makes it very accessible for a quick expo, but then again, all players would fast expand with aow or militia creep as soon as they could, this fast expansion might just be 20 seconds faster since the distance is very short compared to other well known FFA maps such as Market or Fountain of Manip.
Regarding the middle expo, I made sure that the only building u could build was your main hall/treee of life/necropolis. Ofcourse you can build zigguurat, farm, AP, but lumbermills wont fit, neither will graveyards. Also those goldmines only have 8k gold so is like a momentary expo, no real place to rebuild. Imo your main base is your only real base, sort of like Market Square.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:55:38 pm by ZsSuperCumulo »

DV-

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »
I really like look of that map, i think it can be our "default" inhouse map. I think 4 way is  maybe too long for it, but need to test. 6/8 way will be rly interesting to see
Gj culumulo

Ponty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 08:27:44 pm »
Yeah I thought you could build in front of the gate, but apparently you put some special terrain to avoid that so that's cool :)

We can still make some good protections but I guess it's fine (we can do approximatevly the same on market)

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-52-1483060895-cumulo1.png
http://www.noelshack.com/2016-52-1483060900-cumulo2.png

I checked the different creeps but I'd like to try the map first to have a real opinion on it

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 08:40:04 pm »
@DV-  thanks for the feedback, and yeah I'll be looking forward playing inhouse this weekend on this map  :icon_wink:.

@Ponty , regarding the first picture, I didn't think I could actually build farms in front of the wheel, I thought that maybe they could be built behind and perhaps plant 2 or 3 towers as a way of protection for early harrasment (if that happens, since in FFA is best to let others mine in peace).

Regarding the second picture, I can see how a lumbermill in front of the arch and a bunch of towers may scare people fron attacking, but quite frankly I think the worse thing a hum can do is block himself that way, since air units (unds/elfs) will have the upper hand by being in a better position fighting from outside. I mean D&D, starfall, kotg lvl 6 ulti, all of those aoe spells have greater effect in choke positions or where the entrance is blocked or very narrow.
So a human would be throwing his expo if played like that. At least that's my take since I really dont mass towers.

BTW thanks for noticing ;)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:46:02 am »
@Ponty , although this may look imbalanced, I think there are ways to deal with it, such as aoe heroes, chims with long distance attack/DH with metamorphosis, etc. Furthermore, tanks would be useless in such narrow space, not to mention that expo with many towers would trigger constant teaming against the human (or an orc who does the same).

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 11:12:30 am »
Apparently there was a glitch problem with one of the bridges, here is the new map fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f7fchm52dj83xba/%288%29Equalrium.w3x