April 28, 2024, 11:16:25 pm

Author Topic: Build A World Map Making Contest!  (Read 58571 times)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Re: Build A World Map Making Contest!
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2016, 12:47:58 pm »
@blast870 thank you man, I got it to work now :D

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »
Hi guys, I want to know if there is any way to rotate the Neutral pasive units, such as the goblim merchant, goblin market. I know I can rotate structures, but apparently buildings can not be rotated?

ty

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 03:06:17 pm »
You can't rotate those ones

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 03:12:58 pm »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 10:13:06 pm »
Is there any way to disable some of the items? For instance, for items level 4 in permanent, there is an item called diamond of summoning which teleports units, but I want to disable that item in the random selection process, how can I ?

Offline blast870

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: selfy
  • Race: Random
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:30 am »
Is there any way to disable some of the items? For instance, for items level 4 in permanent, there is an item called diamond of summoning which teleports units, but I want to disable that item in the random selection process, how can I ?
Don't worry. Diamond of summoning is not droppable. If you want to disable an item, you manually add items that you want and adjust the percentage. For example, if you only want to drop claw of attack+6 and nobility circlet, then you add those two items manually and give 50percentage for each.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2016, 07:18:35 am »
Don't worry. Diamond of summoning is not droppable. If you want to disable an item, you manually add items that you want and adjust the percentage. For example, if you only want to drop claw of attack+6 and nobility circlet, then you add those two items manually and give 50percentage for each.

thank you for replying blast, For example let's say I want four "charged items" to be dropped from a creep: book of necro, health stone, mana stone, and wand of the wind. If I go to specific and select level 4 --> charged --> it shows me those four but also the red drake dragon, golmen, and two more, these last four I don't want, so what I should do is create four new sets of items, each set with 25% of getting the 4 items I want? I no longer use random for this?

TY

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2016, 07:26:10 am »

thank you for replying blast, For example let's say I want four "charged items" to be dropped from a creep: book of necro, health stone, mana stone, and wand of the wind. If I go to specific and select level 4 --> charged --> it shows me those four but also the red drake dragon, golmen, and two more, these last four I don't want, so what I should do is create four new sets of items, each set with 25% of getting the 4 items I want? I no longer use random for this?

TY

If you just use the default item sets it'll just drop the normal items you find in melee maps. If you look at the full list of items there are some random stuff dispersed throughout (like the diamond of summoning) but they aren't part of the default item sets so they don't drop.

Offline blast870

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2016, 07:43:42 am »
Yes, that's exactly how it goes. Random items are for when you do not want any exclusion.

TY

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2016, 07:58:07 am »
@worpex, but regarding my question, if I only want 4 out of the 8 available normal chargable items, how do I do it ? 4 specifics selections each one with 25% chance of getting it ?

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2016, 08:00:09 am »
@blast870 , @FML|WorpeX  is there any way to change the color of plants? such as bush, Shrub, Viny plant, all of these come in green by default, but can I change their color?

Offline blast870

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2016, 08:24:47 am »
@blast870 , @FML|WorpeX  is there any way to change the color of plants? such as bush, Shrub, Viny plant, all of these come in green by default, but can I change their color?
You can get into objective editor and change its RGB but that way your map will no longer be marked as melee

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 09:19:30 am »
nooo :(!!.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2016, 01:36:15 pm »
@FML|WorpeX , @blast870 , @Blood Raven
By the way guys, do all creeps of same levels give the same amount of experience?
For example, Sea Elemental lvl 5 and Sea Giant Hunter lvl 5, they both give the same amount of experience to heroes when killed?

Also, is it ok if I give items ranked lvl 4 to creeps ranked lvl 7? that way there arent many imbalanced items across the map.

ty

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2016, 01:43:41 pm »
Yes all creeps of same level give same experience - you can lookup how experience works on blizzards wc3 guide with google search.

Also, sure, put whatever items on whatever creeps you want, ultimately I think the map will be judged on overall balance, not that you followed some strict guideline. I think for Fountain of Manip I put a weaker item drop on the level 10 dragon in the middle