April 25, 2024, 01:52:55 pm

Author Topic: Too many observers issue  (Read 3464 times)

DV-

Too many observers issue
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:18:43 am »
Pls solve it somehow

Since we cant kick ppl from lobby i suggest to make a rule that only streamers and admins can join the game besides players ofc

I suggest make a list of legit streamers of fml and them posting in game scheduling thread if they want to stream

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Too many observers issue
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 09:44:02 am »
If this were reddit, I would upvote you DV.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:15:19 am »
The problem is that i cant kick or ban players from a lobby in w3a when using the hostbot.

If possible we will setup an own bot on w3a just for FML games.

I like the idea of it since mass observers can/may distract the game and delay it if they jam the playerspots.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:55 am »
I sort of agree. Admins and streamers should have a priority in joining the game, now as for admins I mean Pinball lol since he's been the one consistently saving and uploading replays. As for streamers, they should be welcomed at any time yes, but it'd be even better if they upload the shoutcast to the FML youtube channel, that way we keep that channel active.

Now, I think observers' chat plays a huge role in FFA games, specially in those games that go beyond 120 mins; sometimes is just more fun to read and talk with observers than to see 3 players sitting for 30 mins.
Perhaps something that can be implemented is that all the maps that will be used this season have four fixed spots reserved for players only and the ohter 8 fixed spots for observers so that out of those 8, 2 are for admins and 2 are for shoutcasters, while the remaining 4 are for observers.
Me, Jaod, Dinamo, shave and soso are frequent observers so it'd be unfair to leave us out when there is room for us.

One way to arrange this "who gets to watch in game and who gets to watch stream" could be by creating a post where people sign up where they want to obs (perhaps in all of them), but they must compromise to come or someone else will take their spot. The whole idea is that there is order and obs follow the rules. I think currently we use "first come first serve", but sometimes it delays the game by few minutes, it'd be better if we work it out before the day of the game is played.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 11:21:26 am »
observer's comments bring fun and excitement to a replay/vod.

while i do agree that many observers can be troublesome i would still like to see some in games for the spicy chat

DV-

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:34:23 am »
Admins and streamers should have a priority in joining the game

We cant set priorities now cuz we cant kick ppl.

Me, Jaod, Dinamo, shave and soso are frequent observers so it'd be unfair to leave us out when there is room for us.

Thats what im talking about. You think its ur own right to obs games, i say its my own right to play my game in time not watching u fighting like total idiots for obs slot.
So besides having kicking posibility the only solution is make a rule about no obs. Usualy u r just yoloing in game not letting even streamers to join with "I RLY WANT TO OBS GAME". I saw this bs multiple times.
You can chat at twitch u know?

DV-

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 11:36:38 am »
observer's comments bring fun and excitement to a replay/vod.

while i do agree that many observers can be troublesome i would still like to see some in games for the spicy chat

Thx for such a useful post. "Obs wars are bad. No obs is bad too. I dont know what to do."

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 12:00:21 pm »
Admins and streamers should have a priority in joining the game

Thats what im talking about. You think its ur own right to obs games, i say its my own right to play my game in time not watching u fighting like total idiots for obs slot.
So besides having kicking posibility the only solution is make a rule about no obs. Usualy u r just yoloing in game not letting even streamers to join with "I RLY WANT TO OBS GAME". I saw this bs multiple times.
You can chat at twitch u know?

I understand, but I think obs should be allowed in game, maybe sign up for obs slots during the shceduling week. Besides, apart from Wreck, who else shoutcasts these days?

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 12:34:10 pm »
I've noticed not many people are casting.  People will stream the game without commentary, but as long as they dont go AFK that will still let people obs / chat on twitch. 

How much is a good bot for W3A?

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »
I've noticed not many people are casting.  People will stream the game without commentary, but as long as they dont go AFK that will still let people obs / chat on twitch. 

Yes, very few people stream nowadays. Alien and soso used to kinda stream, but they seemed to lack the emotion or feeling of the game (no offense guys, but you seemed like souless Japanese commentators to me :O), unlike Mage, Wreck and Mog who are actually enjoyable to listen to. Others who used to stream were valefort and Junkerzam but they seem inactive now. I recently got this siberia 350 which has a somewhat decent mic, I spoke with Alien last night and he said that it sounded crystal clear; nevertheless, I hear a static noise in the background that brings my piss to a boil so I may end up getting the Blue Yeti Blackout anyway. If I go in this direction I could co-cast, but definitely not stream since my upload speed is very slow.

DV-

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:21 pm »
what is better for community: 1) cumulo having availability to post "LOL" 5 times in obs chat before disconnecting or 2) Vova stream with 120+ viewers?
i guess number 1 since cumulo got slot but not vova last time he wanted to stream

and yes, i wanted to stream my and other games of upcoming season, but who cares
anyway once ill be involved in obs fight - i leave the league (who cares #2)

DV-

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 01:40:47 pm »

Its not payment issue, its having ur bot whitelisted at w3arena. Only one guy is managing everything at w3arena atm and he is busy (always)

Ponty

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »
There are no observers issues as long as we stick to these rules

1) one admin needs to be obs (in general it's Pinball). I can also give discretly Pinball the right to kick people if he doesn't abuse of it.

2) Streamers and casters have the priority (one in english, another in russian). No need to have several streamers streaming in the same language. Streamers should share the matches. They should also announce before the game with who they are going to shoutcast so we can reserve a slot for them.

3) Rest is first arrived first served with no exception (if cumulo joins the game 10min after someone else, he needs to leave and not pray for someone to leave him a slot like he usually does)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:50:26 pm by Ponty »

Offline AlienWareOwnZ

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: AlienWareOwnZ
  • Race: Random
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 02:45:31 pm »
Could this be solved by having ponty remove admin rights for non streamers?

And @cumulo sorry you don't enjoy our casts but it's all a personal preference thing. I'm always willing to stream when I can just for the exposure of Fml and FFA in general. I've never claimed to be a good caster but a bad streamer caster is always better than just 1 obs in there ranting or complaint about how he's going to lose his bets :D

Ponty

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:26 pm »
No we keep the admins rights to everyone. Otherwise people will cry because they can't host games, !ping, !check, !drop, !autostart or w/e.

People who don't have admin rights yet (newcomers) need to ask someone with admin rights to !hold them so they don't get kicked by someone joining after them. I recommand asking fml admin or me to hold them before the game is hosted so we can do it as soon as he joins the game.