April 28, 2024, 10:31:44 pm

Author Topic: Who are you? Introductions!  (Read 7842 times)

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
Who are you? Introductions!
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
Whats up guys I'm Eshan aka Dark Messiah I havent played any serious games in almost a year I think so I'm unfamiliar with all the new faces. Some of the old faces I recognize - people I loved and people I loved to hate and now I love because they're from the old school

(Hi Renaud! Y.Z.! Maga! Majin! Darkness my love! Ugri! Das! Seksi! htrt! Sparkle! Hydro you lovely bastard! Pinball! Rebbats! Worpex!)

But aside from these 14 guys, I dont know ANYONE. Thats crazy. Who are all these new players? Its great that ffa is still getting new guys. Im sure other old schoolers don't know who everyone is, and even the new guys won't know everyone so I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to introduce ourselves!

So maybe just a thing like:

"Hi my name is _______, on battlenet I am called ___________, I started playing ffa ________ ago, because it is __________ and I think I'm gonna win this tournament because _______"

as for me, well

HI my name is Eshan, on battlenet I am called DarkMessiah, I started playing ffa (damn...) 5 or 6 years ago whenever fly and pencil were top ranked at like level 51, because it is the funnest gametype and I think I'm gonna win this tournament because Worpex is going to rig the matchups after giving me the hardest round 1.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you? Introductions!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:40 pm »
And maybe like your favorite playstyle, or favorite ffa player of all time. something fun to talk about

Ugrilainen

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:40 am »
Hi there Eshan, I dont think you loved me so then maybe you loved to hate me?  :icon_mrgreen:

I remember featuring you in one of my fml video, you were fighting fly.

I started playing ffa 6 years ago. One day i played a ladder vs Antanitis from clan lone, he introduced me to the clan which made me meet good people and get interested in the game. Then there were Rad and Wpx for the FML good all days.

Then well i dont think I gonna win the tournament, but I dont think I'm the guy who gets tomed everygame anymore neither. Changed my game a bit.

Favorite player is Target, then it would be Maga. I like players adding manner to playstyle and winning despite being teamed for 3 hours without complaining.

Getting the best orc in my game I think i have the worst schedule lol

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:23:26 am »
I think I'm gonna win this tournament because Worpex is going to rig the matchups after giving me the hardest round 1.

You know it! <3

I think you all know me, but few actually know my history, so this is a good idea!

I founded FML in 2006 with my friend FrozenPrince after we both got kicked off of the admin team of another league known as TFL. With FML, I just wanted to do something new and fresh. Something which no one had ever done before. I settled on FFA because it was an unexplored territory as far as tournaments go, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. haha.

The FFA scene happened to be huge at the time (a little bit elitist too). There were two rival clans - Lone and FF4 which had the majority of the good players and a 'set of ffa rules' which I had no idea existed. Was a tough first season, as a lot of the top players were reluctant to give FML a try from the start. Soon enough, we were able to prove that we mean business and molded the league into what it is today. I ran FML as the head admin until Season 6! I came back to run the 'King of FFA' Tournament, and then Season 10 now as well. :D

My Favorite players are Target and PencilWarrior. They always made great games and could overcome even the most insane odds.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:28:13 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:56:47 am »
I actually have no idea why i never played FML until season 7 or 8. I was around (though a nub) in 2006. Mistake I guess...was focused on getting rank 1 bnet. At the time it actually meant something

Offline y.zenchenko

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: y.zenchenko
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:54 am »
Hi Eshan, I am glad you remember me. But I am gonna post something about myself.

Once upon a time in Russia (I guess that was 2007) I found Lone's ffa Guides (see here - http://web.archive.org/web/20090416180258/http://clan-lone.com/guides.html). I read them carefully and watched many of Antanitis's replays. Being prepared I started my first ffa game @ Monsoon (b.net) :icon_cool:  and even won one big battle vs some undead. But in that very moment other orc visited my main with 100 limit of air  :icon_neutral: and I lost that game.
After playing more and more in battle.net I found ffareplays.com. Then I met with Ugri who told me about FML and asked to be a sub in game with Nline, Snamuh and Old_Nebu and the sub won! So I got into FML !

p.s. do you remember your first ffa game ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:18:32 am by y.zenchenko »

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:10:03 am »
I've been playing since day 1 of War3 RoC, back then I was a pretty big noob doing 3v3 RTs. Towards the end of RoC I actually took the game more serious and began studying replays + improving my gameplay and micro, along with pushing solo/2s rather than 3v3.

First couple of years of TFT I was usually in a top 20 2s AT ranked team. Solo usually top 100. I was generally an undead player but also eventually switched to Night Elf.

When WoW came out I played that for a bit and stopped War3 altogether, but eventually came back and was feeling somewhat unsatisfied with Solo/2s in general. That's when I discovered FFA.

At first I was pretty terrible, trying to implement my solo tactics over to FFA and having 0 clue what to do. But eventually I got the hang of things. I also started out as undead but eventually switched to orc, being inspired by ShadowSoul1's DR play. Although his preference was more on land stacking army and the three "heals" (Healing Scroll, Healing Ward, Healing totem), I found that mass berserkers was boring and instead opted to use bats to deal with enemy air.

I remember people laughing at me for using DR/bats, and maybe I was one of the few who used it back then, but it actually turned out quite well. I eventually got better with wyv/caster micro and made Rank 1 numerous times on Azeroth with Clan Lone, as well as once on Northrend recently. I'm still one of the only Orcs that uses DR only and have never touched a Blademaster regardless of matchup, I'm sure you all know why.

That's my story and I'll see you noobs on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:13:22 am by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline Rebuke[SkyNet]

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Rebuke[SkyNet]
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:29 am »
aww eshan u dunt remember me? i remember atleast one game that was memorable wit u (season 7 or 8 dont recall)

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 12:18:51 pm »
Hello,

opening this thread was a jolly good idea!

With several breaks taken I play WC3 since the first day of ROC when I finally failed mastering my SleepSurroundFrenzyGhoulsSkills in Solo.

I play FFA since I don't know when - anyway I still remember the funny times after  the invention of ELL when "KILL PLAYER 1" was flooding the screen. I always enjoyed the attitude and guides (ofc) of Clan Lone, though I never played US.

My main accounts are MarvelGirl[WoD] and 100gl0dplx; my best ladder rank was #2 in Europe; nothing special anyway.

I am here to learn from players well known to me by replays and ladder games and play interesting, hack-free games.

I will win this tournament if two of the three following incidents happen at the same time:

1. Hell freezes over.
2. Mass chat confusion becomes LVL 1 Ultimate.
3. I spontaneously morph into Wrecktify.

If this plan fails, I deliver good exp after losing my heroes to golems on Market Square, hide farms, cry "Noob!" and "Hacker!" all the time (CAPS LOCK!) and go 4 race bunker hiding on Silverpine!

Truly yours,
Kruppe

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:11:09 pm »
"Hi my name is Renaud, on battlenet I am called Renaud, I started playing ffa 8(?) year ago, because it was easier to get xp and climb the ladder, and I think I'm gonna win this tournament because im Renaud"

Offline KaJetan

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 05:54:26 pm »
Hello my Name is Kajetan on Bnet im Mr.Sparkle..  Ive been playing this silly game since roc and started with ne actually and moved to human ground witch im sure most of u know me for. I helped start clan Fury and then moved to lone and played 100s of games trying stubernly to use only human ground no tanks towers or air.. (ive abandend that)   Fav player to play is Fly . I love the idea of Fml just not the cry fest and staying in games and trying to win even when youve lost stuff. tried out for Fml several times lossing one season to Rebuke(cant wait to loss to u again :( )

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 06:42:00 pm »
This became longer than I first intended. Feel free to skip the massive wall of text

Hi there =)

I'm sure most of the dedicated FFA players and oldschool players in general aren't too familiar with me. Others will probably recognize me. Either way, just keep reading if you want to know about me ^_^

I started playing during RoC but mostly against the computer or with/against my brothers. I eventually made my way to battle.net but our computer/internet made anything more than a-moving and hoping for the best impossible.

Up until 2006 I played 3v3 RT almost exclusively, playing random. Around that time I played a game of ladder 1v1 and got destroyed by some human going rifle/caster. I was shocked at how imbalanced it seemed. This was the first time I checked a replay that I lost. I learned the build he used and for the first time I played WC3 with a set plan: rifle/caster. My win% instantly shot up and around 2006-2007 I decided to properly learn 1v1. I decided to stick to Human. I found out about the pro scene, and sites like WCR, Replayers etc. I watched replays and listened to audios and I played 1v1 ladder and customs with better players and asked for advice and went from a 30% 3v3 RT playing noob to a decent soloer. Even though I was to become a lot better in the future, playing at a semipro level, it was during this time when the game was the most fun to me.

Eventually I got bored and, after a brief stint of SC:BW (D+ on ICCup), I started playing 3v3 RT again. That is, until I discovered 4v4 RT. I fell in love with the gametype and played almost nothing but 4v4 RT and 2v2/3v3/4v4 AT, with short switches to FFA. Sometime around late 2008 and early 2009 I got back into solo and for the first time played on a league team. It really motivated me and I met some great people. I kept steadily improving, doing well in clan wars, winning leagues with my team, and placing well in cups, earning a bit of money, beating notable players along the way, and was eventually invited to clan DkH.

I had already more or less gone inactive as I joined DkH, but I kept playing well for a while. I switched between SC2 and WC3 haphazardly until finally giving up on WC3, with brief returns to play Stars Wars Qualifiers, Zotac Cups, and league games when my team was short on players etc. In the end I just lacked motivation. half the matchups bored the hell out of me and all the leagues and cups had a habit of removing bigger macro maps and insisting on using small 2-player maps. Still, I'm proud of where I got to as far as 1v1 goes, considering it was such a small part of my time playing WC3, and I'm proud of the great games I produced and I had a blast all the while.

So, yeah, not much FFA experience, but I think I have a decent grasp of how the gametype works. Really I'm just an inactive player looking to have some fun and support the continued WC3 community, because while SC2 might be a good or even great game, it can never ever touch WC3 =)

Some of my WC3 achievements:

3rd place - IeSF Sweden LAN, Warcraft III, 11/09-10

AoWL Season 1 winner, as part of team BD, Warcraft III, 16/01-11

2nd place - e-Sports Central Cup #1, Warcraft III, 29/05-11

OGzL Season 1 winner, as part of team DkH, Warcraft III, 05/06-11

1st place, Webmex 2v2 League Qualifier #1, With Rain, Warcraft III, 11/06-11

2nd place, Fast Morning Cup #3, Warcraft III, 16/06-11

3rd/4th place, e-Sports Central Cup #3, Warcraft III, 27/06-11
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:43:39 pm by hejpådigStarshaped »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »
rebuke i remember you now i must have missed your name as i glossed over the players!

Offline FFS_DI.FM

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FFS_DI.FM
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:41 am »
Hi my name is Arthur, I`m 19 years old, on battlenet I am called TranceMan, blablabla0_o, Fury_ru. I started playing ffa 2 years ago, because it is the best gametype and I think I'm gonna win this tournament because ..hmm .. I`m lucker mb ^^
I started playing ffa when  I met y.z. He told me that is funny so I tried, than play more and more, watch y.z`s (firstly) reps, than others. so now I am what I am. The best players for me are Yane, y.z, battle.suck, dase, Nline.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 06:20:43 am »
hello all,

I used to play broodwar when I was very young, then started wc3 at the beginning of ROC. I chose the  :ud: undead race before I even bought the game, and I've played less than 50 games total from the other races in 9 years. I pretty much only played 2v2 AT with my friend all the way till a year or so into TFT, and we would do funny strats like double tinker rush (we got top 50 on USWEST with it !).

When my friend retired from wc3 around 2005, I joined up with clan SekS, which had a few players from league team xE in it. They showed me what it meant to play wc3 on a higher level, so I got into solo for a while, but was never too great, and I always wanted to try to win with stupid strategies like panda first and mass banshees vs orc lol. My biggest accomplishment from that era was playing the euro tourney incup (before zotac i believe). First round I got matched against creolophus, and I managed to kill his naga seawitch with a fiend shot even after he staffed it xD.

From 2006-2007 I massed games in 3v3 RT, trying to get the dark ranger icon. I did the same strat every single game: immediately told my allies to rush, then got DR first and tower rushed as undead, if we didnt win in the first rush then i would leave and search again. I got over 750 wins playing casually for a year with that strat :D.

I've palyed FFA casually off-and-on since basically the start of TFT. I remember my first strategy was basically to go solo dreadlord and quickly mass up an army consisting of every single unit in the undead arsenal. My idea was that since I have every type of unit, there is no counter to my army  :icon_cool:

Then in 2009 I decided randomly to try for top 20 on USwest FFA. I started taking the game seriously, and analyzing why I would lose games (who the hell watches FFA replays to see why they lost ?? -- I did). I made a new account so that I could look at the data on my online profile and try to figure out the conditions that I won the most in (interestingly thats how i learned that my win percentage was 20% higher for games where I got 3 heroes rather than 2, and that my win % was higher for longer games). For some reason the strategy I settled into that I was winning most with was panda alchemist mass tower hoard (as undead lol). Then I found some guides and FFAreplays and started to learn a bit more, and getting better hero combos and doing more effective strats). I started going DL first and mass gargs in almost every game. I did manage to get top 20, but right after that sc2 beta came out and I palyed sc2 for a few months before getting bored and returning to wc3 to play solo, playing in some zotacs but only making around round 3 or so.

Took a few months break and that brings us to modern day. Been getting back into FFA and playing some games in masters league vs the big boys, but I have a long ways to go still. After i finish summer school in a few weeks, I can train up hardcore!

My favorite FFA match I played was on twistead meadows. It came down to my building a super towered fortress on the island with medium level ud heroes and 50 food of gargs, while my opponent had mass chippo and high lvl elf heroes. he knew his chances of winning were really low if he attacked into my fortress, so we both sat in game and talked shit for almost 3 hours. Finally i pretended to go AFK and he attacked into me. Crazy shit went down, but in the end he won and i lost... so sad, but a very memorable game !
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:28:49 am by red7z7 »