April 18, 2024, 06:37:50 pm

Author Topic: FML S23 Round 3 Predictions  (Read 1829 times)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
FML S23 Round 3 Predictions
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:50:51 pm »
M19
 :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66
 :USA: :ne: Under.Sta
 :Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam
 :Germany: :ra: Slythe

This will be a hell of a game, we have a Gengar, a Venusaur, a vaporeon and a pikachu. Given by how they've played in previous round I'd say it'll be a three way among tyrant, under and junkerzam, but ultimately under will defeat them with his solar beam!

M20
 :USA: :ne: Wrecktify
 :Finland: :ne: j33.
 :Denmark: :ud: Tleilaxu
 :Germany: :hu: GEASS

Tough game for everyone. Wreck and j33 have faced before, when it comes to ne mirror, Wreck just sonic booms anyone . As for Laxu and GEASS, I wonder if Laxu will opt for his classical necro wagon or go gargs. The game will most likely be a long 4 way with backs and forth. Ultimately my money is on Wreck

M21
 :Kazakhstan: :orc: ARcTic.KYOTO
 :Russia: :ud: Reinforcement-
 :USA: :ne: Mog[skynet]
 :Russia: :ud: Jaod_

Mog Ken Masters will take to school all of these players, one by one

M22
 :USA: :ra: Eshan
 :Denmark: :hu: zTsoso
 :Russia: :ne: TOCKA_3EJIEHA9I
 :France: :ne: Ponty

Unfortunate match, ponty and eshan will team soso to death  :icon_frown: :icon_frown: :icon_frown: that means that Tocka will have free room to hoard up to 20k and then punish the two rats for pre-teaming. Nevertheless, soso will try harder than ever before, even harder than Eshan (king of tryhards) and come back with 100 and win the game with mass tp  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

M23
 :Germany: :ra: WeAkUD
 :Germany: :ud: Letshavesomefun
 :Peru: :hu: Zs.SuperCumulo
 :Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook

This game is a nightmare, let's just hope the orcs don't get claws +15 -_-''

M24
 :Finland: :ra: aarnikratti
 :Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
 :USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ
 :Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx

Noex and Alien are favorites here, but I think Noex has the upper hand. He's an excellent player when it comes to these type of maps and can easily tome pinball or the other guy, giving him an advantage for late game vs taquitos. However, if taquitos gets undead then maybe he can pull off a win :O.

M25
 :Canada: :ne: Renaud
 :Russia: :ra: Dinamo
 :Russia: :orc: Airenikus
 :Germany: :ne: Darkermirror

I really wanna see Renaud win this, I don't give a shit about the rest :)
GOGOGO CANADA!! PHEW PHEW PHEW

M26
 :Bulgaria: :ud: ObserveAndLearn
 :USA: :ra: Steppinrazor
 :Russia: :orc: mrSweets
 :Germany: :orc: Ena1337

Tough game, all players have a decent chance of winning. Perhaps Stepping if he gets undead, or Obsandlearn if he plays as well as his older brother Maga  :icon_lol:. Nevertheless, Ena, the orc will win this  :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

M27
 :Russia: :orc: Kent2566
 :Russia: :orc: b100death
 :Germany: :hu: QQs
 :USA: :ud: Red7z7

Last, but not least, I think this round will go to either QQs or b100. These two have the skills to deliver  a win. Since I've known QQs longer I go with him

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
  • Race: Random
Re: FML S23 Round 3 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 03:57:18 am »
M19

Slythe, or "slug" as I like to call him, reminds me a lot of J33 in his playstyle and is always a threat to sneak wins with deceiving plots. Haven't seen Under.Sta but seems he cleaned up his first two games quite nicely. My game plan however is to make sure that the community won't have to suffer the smugness of a Tyrant with 75pts. And he should thank me as I handed him a defeat in the first round S20 that humbled him greatly, in the end leading to him winning the finals.

M20

J33 on a big map as this is a nightmare for any aggressive player as he has the survival abilities of a cockroach, I expect him to run around with a tinker and harass anyone who dares attack him. Big maps usually doesn't favor the one trick pony-Tleilaxu and his necrowagon, atleast not in the late game stages. Maybe he will suprise us with some standard UD play, I think it's advisable against double nelf. GEASS I know nothing about. I'm always cheering for my northern brother, but I think Wreck will pick up the pace this round and deliver the win.

M21

Moggie looked to be in shape last round. As long as Jaod_ doesn't rush him out, which he is prone to do, I think Mog will use his superior gold mining abilities to clean up this cast. 

M22

Soso obviously a level above the others here with Eshan as the only realistic challenger. Eshan will try to use the puppets at his disposal to deal with him, but in the end I see the danish mass TP all over the place looking for Eshans hidden remnants of his long lost base.

M23

High suicide potential in this game. I predict high aggression coming out of the orcs who both know not to let SuperCumulo hoard up too much gold. In the end Cumulo will slice up the fetter cheese and bring it home.

M24

Alien and Noexxx the clear favorites. Unless they duke it out early, I see Pinball and aarnikratti as tasty dishes and a final 1v1 or 1v2 where Alien probably prevails as old and wise beats young and prideful in this devious game. 

M25

Renaud should fare better than last round, unless he loses 1st and 2nd hero to creeps while giving away the best item in the game to his initial opponent. I dub this game "Renauds redemption" where he will go panda 1st and chippo away (without lores).

M26

Ena put up a fight against Mog last round, but his economical play is questionable to say the least. Should probably look at some of Ludix's old replays if he wants to be the "in your face orc" and still win games. mrSweets is the poor mans Ludix and ObserveAndLearn is the poor mans Maga. This leaves the only old relic here, Steppingrazor. For that reason I vote for him!

M27

Hi bro.

Ponty

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:43:19 am »
M19

Good game, Slythe is unlucky though as his level is under the other opponents. He might get eliminated first, but can sneak a win as an underdog. Same for Junkerzam if he chooses random and gets hu or orc as he simply totally sucks with these races (level about some 20% noob on ladder). He can do well with elf and ud but i doubt it will be enough to compete with Tyrant and Goratha
Gonna root again for my fellow NE

M20

Geass is a solo player and i don't see him succeed on a large FFA map. But he can be a big threat as he will certainly play human and get mass tp.
Tleilaxu and Wreck are about the same level to me, we will see how it goes. I see j33 patience win the game.

M21

Arctic and Reinforcement have a good potential but they won't be able to compete with Jaod and Mog who are experienced ffa players. Unless they manage to rush one of them out. I'm with Mog, a.k.a the living Tinker in that one.

M22

Soso crying and Eshan rebuilding everywhere :O

M23

Fetta will be out after 5 min of game unless he decides to rebuild (and he might have a chance since the map is huge). He certainly will serve of a delicious tome to one of the 3 other players. WeakUD is a rambo who has almost no clue about FFA and like he says himself " he never teams" even though teaming is an essential strategic aspect of FFA. He has good micro though and can compete with the others. Cumulo will probably get demolished by Shave's orc since he is known for being bad vs orc but I don't know it seems like shave plays horrible lately so I'm waiting to see what happens.

M24

Pinball and aarnikratti are totally outmatched in this one in my opinion (not sure about aarnikkratti level). Alien is rusty and demotivated, but the large map might give him enough time to motivate himself. I still go with Noe here (hope for him he plays hu).

M25

Renaud will most likely get tomed unless other players give him enough time to hoard and make an army. I think this game is the most even game of the round. Airenikus and Darkermirror are both not bad and can show a good performance. Airenikus will have to step up his scouting and ffa sense if he wants to win. Dinamo made some progress but he is not at the other players level yet.

M26

I used to always vote for Steppin but he always lost when I did so, so I don't know what to do. I think I will just try a last time to vote for him. I think he will do better on this big map and will show decent play. MrSweets is a troll who doesn't seem to play for win. Ena1337 still needs to work on his macro and decision making but he is able to sneak the win vs this cast. Not sure about ObserveAndLearn. I think he can do well too.

M27

On the paper b100death seems to be the better player. Like for Steppin, I used to always vote for QQs but he always let me down. I will try a last time for him too. He needs to use the map to his advantage and set up a good base and economy then he will be able to rape his oppos with mass TP. Red7z7 doesn't train enough to show good play. If Kent doesn't drink an entire vodka bottle before the game he could surely be a tough opponent but I doubt he resists to the tentation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:14:44 am by Ponty »

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:07:57 am »
M19

Huge map with lots of trees is good for elves. Goratha has seemed pretty unstoppable these last couple o' games. Will Tyrant be the one to stop him? Will Scrubberzam scrub his way to victory yet again? Will Slythe pull off another failed grunt catapult rush? Only time will tell. Goratha edges out as the overall favorite though.

M21

Mogge has shown he's in shape, manip and all, and due to the map I think he's the favorite. Jaod is an insidious player though, and will not make it easy. I'm curious to see how arctic and Reinforcement will adapt to long big 4 way FFA.

M22

Some might say soso is the favorite here, but due to the map it will be nearly impossible to finish off any tree hiding elves, so we will most likely see a long drawn out game with mass manip from Eshanna, Pony and Søsø. I haven't seen any of toska's games, so I don't know how good he is, but he should be able to put up a fight if he gets some expos rolling.

M23

Will this be the game where Culo gets his desired win? Traditionally we've seen Culo hoard disgusting amounts of gold on this map, so he definitely has a good chance. The other players will be desperate too though, and due to the nature of the map it will be very hard to finish off players. I predict that Fetta will be raped hard early on, rebuild, have a chance at winning, and end up scrubbing it in the end. Mass TP might end up being Culo's saving grace in this game, but since he for some reason goes beast master instead of MK or Naga it won't be enough. He's going to have to shake it up if he wants to win.
Let's Shave aka Abdurahman Muhammad al-Gillette also has shown decent performances on this map in in house games due to the items, but he's been scrubbing lately.
Slight edge to Superculo.

M24

QuesadillaWareOwnZ and Noël seem to be the favorites here. Due to the size of the map, I'd say Noe wins with mass TP. PBM and aarnikratti are going to have to prepare their bodies.

M25

Reenawd should be the favorite here due to experience and the nature of the map, but Darkermirror has shown that he knows how to manippe. In terms of mechanical skill, the players seem pretty even, so it should be a long 4 way.

M26

On a big map like this it will be Enal's chance to redeem himself for his embarassing performance last match. Steppin is an old schooler, but seems very out of shape, and Observe and mrSweets are totally new, so Enal actually has a genuinely decent shot at winning.

M27

The overall mechanical skill level in this match might not be the highest, but it should be an entertaining game. I'm hoping to see a lot of funny chat and bat blockades. Red once won a cool game between him, Flash and NoMercy, so he has the potential somewhere in there.
No clear favorite.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:10:43 am by Tleilaxu »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 02:20:47 pm »
M19

Hi, Peace?

M20

looks very promising.
Wreck will show some more than previous round. Good elf map for j33.  bad map for necrowagon, but standard undead is no rocket science. And standard human cheese in the hands of a good microer is always scary, especially on this map.

M21

Mog played a strong game in r2 and everyone else can do better, i guess. So i also expect here a closely contested game.

M22

Eshan and Ponty showed good games lately and tocka was a bit of a surprising winner last round. Let´s see if he still flies under the radar. I expect soso going rdm again. Game could get heated, but who knows.

M23

Chaos, anarchy and ridiculous action. Grudges incoming.

M24

Still little questionmarks about aarnikratti. Pbm seems not playing much and Alien and Noe are battling it out for the victory.

M25

Airenikus will have a hard time vs 2 elfs, unless dinamo gets human. Looks like an evenly matched game.

M26

Steppin showed some nice moves in r2, but seemed to lost focus thorughout.
Ena and MrSweets are both orcs and can own at any giving time with mighty green powers but in the end the allaround skills by observeandlearn will prevail.

M27

Red should go necrowagon, even when the maplayout does not favor this. Then he could pull out a win here, i guess. Otherwise it´s gonna be mission impossible vs those races. Maybe b100death can show a strong game this time and since qq seems kinda inactive that´s my pick.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 05:22:52 pm »
The overall mechanical skill level in this match might not be the highest, but it should be an entertaining game. I'm hoping to see a lot of funny chat and bat blockades. Red once won a cool game between him, Flash and NoMercy, so he has the potential somewhere in there.
No clear favorite.

Good memory - but it was MattiasG not flash :D

Offline b100death

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:20:16 pm »
M19
Tyrant and Goratha, their game is impressive. Slug and Junkerzam skilled too and can also win. But favorite Tyrant and Goratha

M20
Geass good skilled micro player, but large map and the other players are not bad, can also win

M21
Arctic will win

M22
game of manip, who is a puppet who is the puppeteer ? will see

M23
Zs.SuperCumulo best

M24
Noexxx best

M25
everyone an equal chance

M26
Joe killer orcs  :icon_wink: gl
Sweet gl too, hard game for you, Observ very good orc killer

M27
gl all
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:35:49 pm by b100death »

Jaod_

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 02:39:19 am »
M27

Winner        =>        KENT2566 !

DV-

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 06:34:18 am »
M19

top score for tyrant

M20

Superior DR creeping from best ffa player ever lived Wrecktify, perfect base, GG

M21

Tinker.

M22

This is disgusting. This should not exist. Soso is terrible tryharder and 2 rest are just terrible. Tocka loves towers. I wish this game ends with disconnect or something.

M23

This might be fun actually. Tox has zero idea about how to play ffa and I expect fetta using it to manip vs nubulo. I will atleast read chatlog I think.

M24

Top score and 35k gold for noe. Rebuild in corner with tons of arkan towers. Might be close ending

M25

So position luck based. Reno will obviously rush out orc with chims having like 45 wood. Then long-ass 3 way. No. Dinamo will not win.

M26

I dont expect ena learning riders and sw's arent good in ffa so he is second to die, after he rushes out his neighbour. I dont see razzor not winning this.

M27

CHAOTIC
NONSENSE
100 ARMIES WITH ALL HEROES LOSES

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 09:02:34 am »

M19

Tyrant hasnt forgotten about under.sta beating his beloved at ally in r1 in nightelf mirror. I expect tyrant to pick elf and revenge me in this one. Junker has improved a lot in the past or he finally handed his acc psw over to fetta like i suggested seasons ago and snook is playing for him. Slythe has the power of the PITLORD on his side. Tyrant is one of the most calm and patient players i know. He never ragequits w3arena and stops playing wc3 for weeks just because we lost 3 games in a row so i go with him!

M20

M21

3 russians and one mog? Jaod is the most skilled player in here he takes it ez.

M22

well well well. i hope they have steve irwin in russian televesion cuz tocka is gonna need all the experience he can get from him to to survive in this snake pit.

M23

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
Cause my roots they run deep, oh

Oh ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in my veins
I know it, I know it
And I will not negotiate
I'll fight it, I'll fight it
I will transform

M24

Noe has this hes super patient, tryhard and the most skilled in here. Sorry taco if that would be salsa dancing competition i would pick you as clear winner!

M25

renaud winnig a gold medal for canada in this one

M26

in germany we call this: NOT GEGEN ELEND. i go with ena cuz he understands what i just wrote.

M27
Creeps

looking at this cast i pick creeps as winner

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 02:35:55 pm »
M19

Looks like understa is living up to legendary expectations. You can tell he has the hunger to go for the title that he came so close to getting years ago. Makes me wonder how other great oldies like pencilwarrior, lost.ancient, target, etc would fare in today's competition. That said, a large map like this tends to favor the player with the best macro and control of large armies, so let's see if he can muster a threepeat.

M20

This looks like a great match. From what I've seen human and elf are best on this map, and since GEASS is in excellent form right now I see him having good chances. Wreck also will be a huge force here, but I'll tip the scale in GEASS's favor by giving great advice for all humans this round: go watch season 19 m30 replay to see the most broken creeproute possible on this map. Hint: htrt pala/rifle opening.

M21

Anyone's game in my opinion. But it is a good Mog map to hold onto dear life and rebuild.

M22

I don't see soso losing this as human is really strong on this map, especially in the hands of someone who has a commanding grasp of the race. Great creeping options, elevated mains with chokes, long distances benefiting mass TP, etc.

M23

Again, human is strong here, and on top of that cumulo is probably a cut above the rest of this cast.

M24

I'm just going to keep betting on humans.

M25

Almost all of my references to past matches will come from season 19 because that is when I was last active, but seriously go check out s19 m28 to see the most elegant Renaud win on sanctuary, despite playing against some of the strongest names that season.

M26

I feel like based on round 1, ObsAndLearn should have got a win by now. Not the best map for undead, but I think he has the best army control here so when it goes late (and will because it's hard to lose early on this map) he should pull ahead. The problem is it's also really hard to finish people off on this map too...

M27