May 01, 2024, 10:55:37 pm

Author Topic: FML SEASON 23 ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS  (Read 2549 times)

Offline letshavesomefun

FML SEASON 23 ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:17 am »
Well well assuming the admins now have the enemies they want and stop swapping players we are free to predict whatever might happen!

M10
 :Russia: :ud: Jaod_
 :USA: :ne: Under.Sta
 :Denmark: :ud: Tleilaxu
 :Kazakhstan: :orc: ARcTic.KYOTO

Well well well......Under.Sta looked like a really strong player to me in our game....but tyrant told me under.sta didnt play super well....i apparently just played super badly. Laxu is often an underestimated player. People seem to forget that Laxu Ponty and I hit the FFA world around the same time and are known as yanes legacy <3. Once the best friends the harsh world of warcraft 3 divided us.... ponty became ffarena admin....laxu became a solo player i became a minidota, platform escape player.....and yane left his human body behind and evolved into smth greater than a human...in what? noone knows for sure...but iam damn sure whatever form of beeing he is right now...its playing custom hero footy right at this moment. Jaod still 100% winrate in fml...and with MAGA gone whos gonna stop him? Arctic-Kyoto is a good player no doubt...but hes a little outclassed in this game iam afraid.

Well well after talking about the players its time to check the map...oh its an ud/elf map suprise suprise....wich leads me to vote for under.sta as winner..simply because fuck you tyrant!

M11
 :Russia: :ud: Reinforcement-
 :Denmark: :hu: zTsoso
 :Germany: :ra: Slythe
 :Hungaria: :ud: SUB

Last game we saw a single BM chasing ZTSOSO up a mountain into an island base. This behaviour looked suspecious to me and made me curious so i did some research and talked to sosos mum about it. She told me that little soso was handing out newspapers in the neighbourhood to earn some money. But there was this one mean but big dog always chasing after him. so little soso had to climb up a tree and wait for the dog to get bored and leave him alone. Hearing this story sosos whole gamestyle suddenly made sense. Island bases where noone can reach him? Waiting for hours in your base doing nothing but waiting for others to leave him alone? Telling other players to leave him alone instead of fighting? its all based on his chieldhood experiences! maybe we see him throwing a steak at tyrant or some dog toy this game! Reinforcement and Slythe are the 2 counterparts to each other in this game. Reinforcement has the micro but will get easily manipped iam afraid while slythe has the worst micro of these players but will use mind games and gamesense and wont be manipped that easily. Tyrant will have to get subbed since he will be playing 2n2 with his buddy Shave when this game happens. Without an Island to hide on i dont see soso takeing this win...so i will go with whoever subs tyrant.

M12
 :USA: :ne: Wrecktify
 :Canada: :ne: Renaud
 :Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam
 :USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ

Interesting Cast! Alien screwed up in round one but he just showed my poor fs in an inhouse match that he still is able to a click heroes. He also has to play every ffa from now on like its his last since he never knows when trump sends him back to mexico without inet. Since the rest of the cast are Elfs and an undead who are all a clickers by nature, skill will be as usual not a deciding factor for this ffa. Junker isnt used to early and small army fights in 1n1 style. Hes used to fetta carrying his back in 2n2 at. But since there are no soloers in this game i dont expect some super agressive playstyle. I hope that sergio will prepare seriously for this game by playing some platform escapes with alkash and me. if he does that i expect him to win!

M13
 :Finland: :ne: j33.
 :Germany: :ra: WeAkUD
:Peru: :hu: Zs.SuperCumulo
 :Russia: :ra: Dinamo

Cumulo is a monster in early game i dont think any of the other players can stop him. Jee gets more and mroe back in shape i think and he doesnt die easily so i see him and cumulo in the 3way for sure. Jee will manip vs cumulo who will lose his mainbase with 20k gold as usual but win in the end with one farm left!

M14
:Germany: :hu: GEASS
 :Finland: :ra: aarnikratti
 :Bulgaria: :ud: ObserveAndLearn
 :Germany: :ud: Letshavesomefun

I was happy about seeing geass as my enemy since i would like to test his strenth. SADLY THIS MAP IS COMPLETE SHIT FOR ORCS and i have no idea what i can do to even my chances. this map is so bad for orcs i even consider going elf again. If an Elf could tell me where to place my aow i would be thankfull. no ponty not you! A good elf please. Maybe i let Trunks play in my name. I mean like srsly admins. I would even prefer deadlock over this shitmap. BTW did anyone else notice that admins switched the matches 2 times and now the only admin that shouldve fight for our orc rights got placed in a game with 2 other orcs so he has no disadventage due to the bad map? Iam afraid PBM sold his soul to the fml undead company. I vote for LW as admin! he wont be buyable and he will fight for us human and orc players. So how is this game going? i cant tell you yet if iam gonna die to dessi push or griffon push if i play orc. Only thing i know is geass has the biggest solo experience! but i sure as hell have the biggest platform escape experience. So we are even in terms of skill! But due to his race adventage as human on this map Iam afraid not even my minidota skills can save me. So i vote Geass as winner

M15
 :Germany: :orc: Ena1337
 :Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
 :Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook
 :USA: :ne: Mog[skynet]

M16
 :France: :ne: Ponty
 :Russia: :orc: Airenikus
 :Germany: :ne: Darkermirror
 :Russia: :orc: mrSweets

M17
 :USA: :ra: Steppinrazor
 :Russia: :orc: b100death
 :Russia: :ne: TOCKA_3EJIEHA9I
 :Russia: :orc: Kent2566

M18
 :Germany: :hu: QQs
 :USA: :ud: Red7z7
 :Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx
 :USA: :ra: Eshan
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:57:28 am by letshavesomefun »

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: FML SEASON 23 ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »
M10

With 3 strong micro players and tleilaxu, who seems to be out of shape, I predict that tleilaxu will exit first.

After that it will be a 3-way where Under.Sta will be teamed due to his good performance in round 1. I predict that Kyoto the underdog of these three will take it because he is orc and seems to have the patience it takes to win FFA games. I  doubted Jaod would pull through in the first round, but he did great overall.. I still think the game would have been close and very hard to win for him if Shave had not disced. This time he will likely be in a 3-way with 2 strong micro players and it will be more difficult for him.   

M11
 :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66

Slythe is going to win it because he gets underestimated despite good ffa sense. Gl and hf :-)

M12

The most stacked game of this round. I am not sure if Alien is going to play this round so he is out of the equation for me. Looking forward to see Renaud and Wrecktify battle. Junker is a great player but sometimes (like previous round) he fails to see when he is in a clear advantage and has the opportunity to win the game. I'm going to bet on Wrecktify because he is a try hard like me :-)   

M13

After a close game in round 1 Super Cumulo sees that he has to step up his game and win the next game. With this cast I see him and j33 as the favorites, but I will give it to Cumulo because I admired his focus and determination in last round. You can never count j33 out and dinamo has improved so much. I don't recall much about weakud so sorry if I leave u out this time buddy.

Before his first round match Shave let us know that elves weren't utilizing their race to its full advantage. He made the case that elf has more units than hippos and chimeras, and he said that he would demonstrate the power of elf in his match. We saw the flawless dh solo creeping of the expo on silverpine, perfect placement of Aows, creeproutes and genius decision making. It was truely a miracle that the other players managed to defeat him! It was definitely not Under.Sta who showed us that elf can be strong with units such as talons: faerie dragons, dryads etc. :D

On the second round he demonstrated for all of us that human does not need mass tp to perform great! After just 20 minutes he managed to kill a single blademaster and almost got through to a top 2 finish after a disc and a lose of his main.. Well played mister shave!

M15

If Fetta can play a decent early-mid game he can be a top contender in this one. Mog is still rusty, but his macro is still good. Will be interesting to see.
M16

No idea!

M17

US (1) vs Russia (3). Lol. I think my buddy b100death from first round will win. I look forward to see this game! Will be pretty random I think.

M18

I am sure Eshan will hate me for this. Eshan accused me of manipping against him even outside of matches so I will not disappoint him this time  :icon_lol:. Here goes: If Noe can cut the head of the snake (Eshan) he has good chances vs the rest.

QQs is a passive player that likes to hoard and be left alone. He will have to think about his choices in this round.

Red shows signs of promise. His first game in this round had a good opening with shredder timing, expansion, creep route etc. but he also showed that he is shaky when it comes to the fights and related decision-making to that. He needs to practice some more if he wants to be able to compete in fights in the early-mid game.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:11:31 pm by zTsoso »

Ponty

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:45 pm »
Official Winner from past Betting season gives his predictions :

M10

Good cast, it's pretty hard to predict so I will go with my fellow Night Elf Under.Sta even though I didnt watch his past game.

M11

Tyrant and Soso are ahead of the 2 other competitors. Soso has the best macro overall, but Tyrant is ahead when it comes to dealing with teaming, keeping his head cool, and most likely decision making. Microwise I'd say they are on an equal level. Slythe and Reinforcement are also good players, Slythe has a good knowledge of the game mode and is also able to work his way to the 25 points. 
Reinforcement seems to have very good micro, but his only ffa experiences seem to be on the bot so I don't think he will be able to win vs such hard opponents yet but we never know. I'll go with Tyrant there.

M12

Strong cast here too. Alien in his active times is ahead skillswise, but like me he doesn't play much recently so in addition of his opponents he will have to deal with his own rust. I actually think he is not the only one to be rusty there. I don't think the others have been playing much either. For this reason I will still place a bet on Alien.

M13

Dinamo seems to have made progress recently in terms of macro decision making and gold management. I still don't think it will be enough to deal with j33 and Cumulo who both have pretty good results in fml. WeakUD is a nice challenger with good micro, his ffa knowledge is not top yet though. It was easy for me to manip him on the bot, he probably worked his way up since that time. I think Cumulo will manage to profit of the power of his race without getting teamed that much, that will make him the winner of that game.

M14

I don't know aarnikratti. And from what I saw from Geass and ObserveAndLearn, they have a good potential but they are still far from the level of Shave. Shave should win this

M15

Mog will have to face 3 orcs, if he fails the early stage it will be hard for him to catch up on the levels vs bats. But its also good for him to have only one race to adapt to. This game is not easy to visualize as ena pinball and fetta are unpredictable and pretty foxy.

M17

Steppin is pretty good with Undead but he might be rusty. B100 tocka and kent (top) are rather decent bot players. I think Steppin is a little bit ahead though.

M18

Noexxx should win this game as he plays the most powerful race and is the most skilled of the group. Eshan is still capable of a good game but he needs people to listen to him and I doubt QQs and Red will be this kind of players.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:12:31 pm by Ponty »

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »
M10

Strong cast, I say kyoto dominates early on and gets teamed.  Sta was impressive last game, though we will have to see how he fairs when he isnt at such a huge advantage as last game.  I see orc going down to teaming, and Jaod then pulling off the win, as sta will probably suicide laxu for talking too much

M11
 :Hungaria: :ud: SUB

Reinforcement seems like a strong microer, unfortunately I don't think he has a chance in this game as he will either die early or even if he does have a good early game he won't be able to keep pace with soso and slythe in terms of decision making and the flow of the game.  I see soso winning, reigning champ looking for a fast 2-0 record in the early going, slythe of course will give him a run for his money.  sub will probably be shave, who will probably suicide someone and leave

M12

Best match easily.  Junker and Alien should probably pick race instead of random, and wreck and renaud will both 100% rush them out if either get orc.  I think wreck will take this one, junker will probably be strongest early game but go broke first.  I think renaud will probably die first, and wreck will seal the win with his cunning play and 5 star chatting skills

M13

This will be a really fast game, Cumulo should be able to easily clean up if he goes solo mode and takes out his neighbor in first 10 minutes.  J33 might put up resistance, but I dont think anyone else will and this map won't be friendly for j33 to rebuild on

M14

He's a pretty strong player.  Geass is also strong, but its unknown how he fairs in FML type games and shave is a bit all over the place.  Gonna say this will be a fast game with 2 fast 1v1s.

M15

Mog is easily the best player here, I say he wins if he doesnt have a rough time early game.  Against 3 orcs, he should be able to take out whichever is closest to him.  Fetta is a decent player but he might not do as well on a map with early aggression as he tends to prefer tower and hoarding.  Ena and pbm are wild cards, who knows.

M16

Darker is a nice old school player who plays elf well.  I say both elfs take out the orcs and then final 1v1

M17

Does anyone here speak english?

M18

I can already tell you how this goes.  Noexxx kills whoever hes next to and gets 2v1 by the other 2.  Eshan might have a chance if hes NOT the guy noexxx rushes out, but I think on this small map it will be hard to properly macro and team against a powerhouse player like noe
[/quote]

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:18:57 pm »
M10

I haven't figured out if Tleilaxu is pretending to be much worse than his skill level by making necrowagon (similar to the late and great Duck making aboms) or whether he sold his testicles to the devil in order to get perfect luck in his games. UnsterSta proved he has prime micro and can capitalize on an advantage. As for Jaod, I’m not sure it’s even possible for him to lose an FML game because it hasn’t happened yet.

M11

Slythe is like the grey-haired historian of FFA, and on top of that he has an uncanny memory. If you ask him what heroes were in the game he played on the 4th day of August 6 years ago he would be able to tell you. If you don’t believe me check out this thread where he recants the history of FFA in play-by-play detail: http://ffamasters.net/index.php?topic=1469.msg27577#msg27577
However, I don’t think that will be enough among the FML elite Soso and Tyrant who are so well-rounded you could bowl with them.

M12

This game has three old dinosaurs of the FFA scene: Wreck the tyrannosaurus rex, Renaud the giant long-neck, plant-eating hoarder, and Alien the dynamic pterodactyl. That would make Junkerzam a young Jeff Goldblum taking on Jurassic Park. The other interesting thing about this game is it has two players with 11 points in it. Sometimes a less-skilled player can get 25 points if he’s lucky. But no player to get 11 points was ever bad. I think Renaud is at peak confidence right now though, with his pokedex app downloads at record high due to the popularity of pokemon GO, and being able to White Hat hack into the FML database.

M13

This season is really meant to be a battle ground for Cumulo and Soso to fight for dominance to determine who can claim me as their apprentice. Since Soso walked away the victor round 1, that leaves Cumulo behind and in desperate need to win this round to earn my respect back.

M14

I think we didn’t see GEASS’s potential last round, but I’m going to go with O&L who looked really solid, especially considering Shave will either be disconnecting from the game or busy organizing a coup to take down the FML admin dictatorship.

M15

This match brings me back to the summer of 2014, Mog was near the top of the leaderboard going into the semifinals and he had first map choice. He chose FML emerald shores as the map. I don’t know what was going through his head at the time, (and it didn’t work out for him then) but from what I can surmise, ES is not a Mog map. Mog thrives on a large map with lots of nooks and crannies to play the macro game, hide in, and rebuild his comeback army. On top of that there are three orcs in the game. When there is one or even two orcs, you can keep them down and nip them in the bud, but with 3 orcs there is guaranteed to be high level orc heroes running rampant by the end of the game. On the other hand, you have ena and fetta which are the FML embodiment of unforgiving chaos, and Pinball who is competing with me for the worst win ratio among players with over 5 games.

M16

Darker was the lucky 10 point player to find himself in a 5 point game, but I think Airenikus has more fight in him than we saw from round 1.

M17

Steppin vs. the KGB. I believe b100 will take it since showed us he has the balls to make great plays.

M18

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:21:55 pm by FML|red7z7 »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 11:01:14 am »
M12

This game has three old dinosaurs of the FFA scene: Wreck the tyrannosaurus rex, Renaud the giant long-neck, plant-eating hoarder, and Alien the dynamic pterodactyl. That would make Junkerzam a young Jeff Goldblum taking on Jurassic Park. The other interesting thing about this game is it has two players with 11 points in it. Sometimes a less-skilled player can get 25 points if he’s lucky. But no player to get 11 points was ever bad. I think Renaud is at peak confidence right now though, with his pokedex app downloads at record high due to the popularity of pokemon GO, and being able to White Hat hack into the FML database.

Haha Red7z7, that´s good stuff :D

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 12:36:20 pm »
The map gonna produce some not so standardish ffa´s i assume. We´ll see ;-)

M10

Jaod looks like an overall strong player. I just heard he won 4 games last season. that´s quite impressive. He had also a good showing in R1.

Under.Sta was a player i actually have not heard before. Maybe because i was not active, when he was back in the day. But every1 from the US scene going nuts over him and after i saw some of his games he definitely backs up that hype :P. Had a strong R1 game with playing it very safe and controlled.

Tleilaxu is more busy with abusing SC2 as he was saying and thus struggling with real hero-micro. He had an easy R1 game and can show in R2 that this was no fluke. Sometimes he plays very strong overall, then appears to lose interest in micro or playing for the win the other game.

Artic-Kyoto is a good addition to the Orc Roster and had a cool R1 showing with using the Power of Orc Heroes and good decision making to get a good win.

Giving the Ud advantage on this map, while it´s tough especially for orcs, this game shoulda become higly entertaining with one of the undeads going to get the win in the end after the elf gets teamed.

M11

r1 Game was the first game i consciously noticed from Reinforcement-. Unfortunately i forgot totally about it :D. Bur he won and many are saying he possesses good micro. Good micro and Ud, given this map is a good combination.

Ztoso won the latest season and had a good R1 game. In the semifinal he showed his manipskills and in the final he was a strongly microing brute force with good decisionmaking, so he has it all and showed it with his championship. We´ll see if he randoms(and gets human) or going human, which is besides Undead by far the best race on this map.

With Tyrant there is another FML Champ in the game, wohooo. Too bad i completely missed the season where he won, so i cannot tell much about him. From what they say, he is one of the best microers out there and again together with undead on this map, this could become a walk in the park for him, even if he is not playing that much lately.

I remember a bnet game on this map where i played a nearly perfect game with elf ( when i was playing 6 games in a row witht he same race & strat once and for all under higher bnet competetion circumstances and even beat sk2flash, also a FML Champ). On the other hand the only FML game i played on this map was a desastrous game. With RSM (ud), Persuade and Humanstar in it, who are all very strong players, i chose a bad tactic and had my fair share of bad luck and ended up losing hard. I am curious how this is gonna play out, i´ll be prepared for everything :P. Let´s have a good game, guys  :icon_razz:

M12

Red7z7 described it well.

Another game with 2 FML Champions

Wreck was famous for his versatile play with human and usually has an ace upon his sleeve, so let´s see if he plays his elf abuse thing like he did in his past 100 games or how he adapts to this map. Not to forget he is 2 times FML Champion.

Renaud will go single Panda, Chippo and hopefully won´t make me cry again with taking home the win this time after he had a big chance to net it in R1.

Junker is the Runner-Up from last season and had a decent r1 game where he had several opportunities to cash in 25 pts. He is a little inactive these days, but with going undead this round he should be fine, when he can keep his cool against guys like wreck.

Is AlienWareOwnZ still sponsored by this hardware contributor or how is this name to be interpreted? Maybe he will play under Alien-, so does he like the movie or is it just a shortform of his original name? Cannot answer these questions, but i know for sure he is a very competent player. I knew his replays from the time, when i was watching many many replays from big replayspacks on ffareplays and reposted the best ones on ffareplays again. A lot of them included him. Now i had the pleasure to see him in action and play with him and probably he might have lost a step over time and due to inactivity compared to his heydays (only he can tell that), but he is still a well rounded threat to everyone.

Looking forward to this game and hopefully everyone makes it to it. It´s hard to pick against wreck, but i´ll go with my heart and say renaud.

M13

A game with many questionmarks for me. J33 ofc is a known ffaer. Won his FML title in great fashion and possesses great ffa sense. His micro is underrated and he can hide it well behind the power of EZ Elf. Letz see if he goes DH/Panda Standard bears/hippo + dryad/talon cheese. Probably the best choice on this map.

Don´t know anything about weakUD, except this pregame manip with undead being weak does not fit into the mapchoice ^^. We most likely will find out more about his FFA skils in that game.

Cumulo won also a season of FML and although i could not see many games of him, he appears to be a highly skilled microer and you don´t win FML without being a good ffaer. Together with his race & map he is a strong pick this round, unless he is too busy creating memes or analysing the global stock exchange market.

Dinamo is a well rounded, experienced ffaer with not much FML experience as far as i know. So it will depends on his ability to relax and stay focused. Maybe he can fly under the radar and with playing his cards right there is definitely a chance to become the showstealer.

M14

GEASS underperformed a little in R1 giving his strong base of micro and macro. Once he can make better decisions in the game and in a  potential 3-way, he gonna be the favourite here.

Aarnikratti i only know from r1 game and one bot game. Once he puts his tools together and giving a good showing i am sure he could snipe the win here.

Observeandlearn is an ffa-experienced, very well microing undead. I see him winning, once he is motivated and finds a way to handle the teaming properly.

Letshavesomefun aka many aka´s. He will creep the red creep camp with 1 hero and 4 units, lose all and ragequit, afterwards listening 100 times to genie in a bottle by christina aguilera, while watching replays when he and trunkz had hour long dryad vs dryad battles.
Shave will shine and beat the living shit out of all those other lower tier competitors by stomping them into the ground using precise micro, efficient macro and clever decision making.

M15

Ena seems to be a good micro player but lacks experience in ffa, especially FML.
With standard solo orc stuff you can succeed on this map, so don´t be surprised if he wins.

PBM is a longtime FFAer and one of the most experienced FML players. He needs to use his experience and staying focused on winning and positively even when he faces adversity during the game.

Fetta likes to play the villian and orc is the perfect race for it. Cannot wait until he creepsjacks someone and how he handles the echo.

Mog is also a FML Champ and surprised us all with the pick of this map for his Semifinal game years ago. Maybe he can show this time what he had planned. With 3 orcs we won´t see mass chims and maybe not even a Tinker  :icon_eek:.

M16

This match has great potential.

Ponty is experienced and elf. Always dangerous. But who knows if he plays some more these days and gets the needed routine back, which is often needed to win a FML game.

Airenikus is a good FFAer from what i saw on Bot and inhouse. From him it will be most important to be aware of what´s going on and not getting nervous.

Darkermirror had a nice game in R1, but somehow lost it in the end. I am sure he will be more consequently this time and using good tactics to his advantage.

MrSweets fell victim to the ever mighty griffon rush on close position in R1 Game. Since orc is tricky to play on Emerald i am looking forward to his adjustments.

M17

Steppinrazor was originally an undead i guess, then an orc and now a human. WTF? i am confused. He got the skills to pocket a win in this one and is by far the most experienced ffa player here (fml wise).

b100death i dont know much about it. He probably will play solo Blademaster, steal 4-5 items, towers up and make bats, many bats.

Tocka will enjoy his vacation, gets 5 points and being subbed by ostone.

Kent flies under the radar and snatch the win, after steppingrazor suicided the b100death.

M18

looks like a very nice game, especially given it´s a 5pts game :icon_mrgreen:

QQs hopefully will play this round and go show some human ownage. If he hoards, scouting is needed.

Red7z7 knows everything about the map ( since he picked it?!) and will use his knowledge for some nice moves.

Noexx is a bit out of shape, but probably refreshed and motivated to show the world he is a good substitution for the the only other ever known FFA player coming from the siwtzerlands, Ntropy!

Eshan can win games that are seemingly unwinnable, and that´s one of the very fun parts of ffa. He possesses all skills for ffa and everyone is annoyed by his manips. He had a terrible r1 showing and needs some redemption in r2. Maybe there are better surroundings for him this time.

One human will bite the dust fairly early, while the 2nd Hooman gets teamed, eshan overcommits and red7z7 wins.

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »
M10

Jaod_ is a fucking beast. Keep owning undead brotha. Goratha is pretty sick as well, i guess it might come down to a 1v1 between these two. Not to underestimate Denmark and Kazakhstan's representatives, i think they played extremely well in their first matches but i think Jaod_ and Under.Sta have an edge with their superior micro.

M11

zTsoso is handsome, resilient and smart. He would be the natural pick here. Sly is a name i can recognize from the old-school era so i'll keep my fingers crossed he does well. Reinforcement- has been showing some good games with a definite solo mindset and some strong decision making and micro. I will always be cheering for the undead brothas Reinforcement- and Tyrant66 so i hope they deliver a surprise to soso's established hegemony.

M12

Crazy stuff right here. It's hard to make any predictions so i'll just state my preferences. Since i started playing again i've been watching a lot of mage's casts and i've always been impressed with Alien-'s play. His FML match this season was no exclusion, good macro, good micro, nice map-awareness and decision making. Hope he shakes off the rust and keeps distributing divine justice.

M13

SuperCumulo would be my pick. slick, sexy play by him in his first match leads me to believe that only j33. could possibly disrupt his dominance. I was generally disappointed by the decision making that Dinamo displayed in his first match, constantly attacking the sandwiched player and thus leaving the strongest players hoard for a while, leading to a one-sided match. I sure hope he scouts a little more and thinks it through so we can see a more balanced competition.

M14

Dunno, GEASS has a sick ladder record and some impressive solo skills. Letshavesomefun is a well-established ffa player. Haven't heard a lot from aarnikratti but i am not counting him out at all. To be honest my expectations for this match resemble my expectations for the first one - i'll probably get my ass whopped.

M15

Fetta or Mog. Fetta is gosu and i hope he uses DR. Always enjoyed dark ranger for orc more than the trifecta. Hope Mog delivers some nice elf play to break the orc rule. I assume aggressive bear/dryad style would be his best bet to conquer space and resources on this small map.

M16

Airenikus or Darkermirror. I've had the chance to play darkermirror on ladder a few times and it was a pleasure. Hope he fares well.

M17

im cheering for steppinrazor. He is a nice fellow with some good skills. My second choice is b100death, i think this guy is a lot more than meets the eye.

M18

Switzerland ftw. I used to play a lot with Ntropy and i surely miss his abusive mass tp/tank play so i'll be cheering for his fellow countryman.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:58:26 pm by ObserveAndLearn »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:23 pm »
M10

This is a tough one. But I'm going to say USA fighting~ and Jaod suffers first fml loss  :icon_cool:

M11
 :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant

Should be another solid game. But I think Tyrant will pull it out! I doubt he will go unnoticed like in R1, however he has great micro and solid macro. soso may be able to manip reinforcement, but I doubt he will be able to sway tyrant or sluthe with his word game and ultimately will die to a 2v1  :icon_neutral:

M12

Hard to fly under the radar on this map, but Renaud will do it somehow! I predict he will survive intial 1v1 longer than whoever is on the other side, then win in the 3 way. As long as no one randoms orc....He tends to rage vs orc.

M13

He played well in r1, and I think this is a great map for him to shine with his superior micro

M14

I was impressed by his r1 performance. Some more fml experience and I think he will be a contender! Geass might prove to be a difficult oponent on this map, but I see him getting teamed to death again.

M15

gl hf to the horde.

M16

I don't think we really got to see what he has to offer from his r1 game. This time around will be much better for him!
M17

I'm going for the underdog hipster pick, simply because his bat contain on soso in r1 was so epic. That alone is enough to secure my pick for him in r2  :icon_biggrin:

M18

I think he will win IF he doesn't spawn on the same side of the map as noexxx. If he is stuck in a 1v1 with noexxx at the start it will be difficult.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »
M12

The way I figure it this match is more like X-Men.  At the top I am Apocalypse, egyptian god, endless figure of death and destruction, sexier of the 3-time champions.  Renaud is like Gambit.  Hes French and flashy, but I will stomp on his face.  Alienware is like Morph, on account that he can play all the races.  Much like Morph he will die first.  When I stomp on his face.  I guess that makes Junkerzam like Colossus, cause they are both Euros. 

In short I will walk away with 45 points and the rest of them will split 5.  Red will crown me season champion after the round.  And Worpex will finally post the nudes we all crave and deserve.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 06:04:19 pm »
M10

Judging by pure skills, Sta has this game hands down, but judging by pure manip, Jaod and laxu will try to sneak the win. I see artic or laxu being the first
out followed by a 3 way of constant teaming.

M11

This should be a good game. Reinforcement and soso are both strong solo players, while tyrant has ways to hoard and get easy wins just like in round 1. As for Slythe, I don't know if he'll be able to compete with these folks, I think it'll come down to a long three way of 2 unds vs soso and picking a clear winner is hard, but it'll be between soso and tyrant.

M12

I really dont know how alien lost round 1, I mean taquitos had it but threw the game hard. This time he faces the elf brothers, Renaud and Wreck, who teamed maga to death last season in the losers semi finals lol.

This game will be either a long 4 way or a three way with junkerzam or renaud being out first. If junkerzam dies first then taquitos will follow; if Renaud gets killed by Alien or Junkerzam then it becomes hard to see a clear winner, but ultimately alien will be teamed lol so either Wreck or Junkerzam will win. Nevertheless, my money is on Wreck, because in a 1v1 vs him, this is what would happen:

M13

J33 has an incredible talent for rebuilding, and Dinamo has improved a lot since last season, as for WeakUD I don't know him so i can't comment, GL HF.

M14

GEASS played well in round 1, just like reinforcement, he's a great soloist and unfortunately for him, got teamed to death  :icon_neutral: :icon_cry:. I think it'd be nice to see GEASS go 1v1 with Shave, ofc I'd pick GEASS any day since Shave is not on the same level in solo terms, but in FFA they may just be about the same. If shave goes orc or human it could be a close match, but ultimately I think GEASS would win. As for the other two folks, I think they are on similar levels so having two 1v1s would be fun, but at the end I see GEASS, Shave and ObserveandLearn as the last standing and possibly a deadly teaming towards GEASS followed by Shave or Obs&Learned as victorious.

M15

This is an even game, Ena and Pinball will battle it out while Fetta fights Mog. I think in terms of levels it seems equal. Fetta is well known for lasting in the three ways while crying for help with huge bank  :icon_lol: so it'll depend on the other players' ability of manip detection to see through his lies  :icon_mrgreen:. But in all seriousness, if Fetta plays better this time, unlike round 1, then he'll have a good chance. Unfortunately MoG[Skynet] seems a bit rusty, in round 1 he had more gold and it was a mirror, but Wreck had the hero advantage and was 100 so let's hope he does better this time. Finally, between Ena and Pinball I think Ena has the upper hand so my final three way is Fetta, Mog and Ena, but ofcourse:
 :USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting
:USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting :USA:USA #1 Fighting

M16

Very even game as well, Ponty and Sweet are about the same kaliber while darkermirror and Airenikus are good players who have shown tremendous skills in round 1 and previous games. It's hard to make a call here since it could go either way, but judging by how great darkermirror played elf in round 1, I'll go with him.

M17

Kent is a waking tome and b100 is not that behind, let's just say that Kent is a tome of experience while b100 is a tome of knowledge. I think Razor has a good chance, specially given the nature of the map and his opponents. TOCKA hasn't played yet so I can't comment, but I think he's decent so it should be intersting if Razor can take on him.

M18

It's unfortunate how last season Eshan got this:

and this season he got teamed again by two players eventhough he was already dead, but that's the thing with Eshan, he is one of the tryhardest players in this community and usually gets punished early on because of that (and his sneaky manip ofc). QQs and Red are probably about the same level so a clear winner here, at least for me, would be my antithesis, Noex.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:11:23 pm by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline fetta_ook

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: fetta_ook
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 07:53:36 pm »
M10

Since the abomination from Denmark only knows 1 strat, necrowagon, for which he takes 30 min to complete his 100 food army and initiate his caravan of unholy creatures towards his enemy, he will not have enough time or gold on this tight map. He will be rushed out, probaly by either Jaod or Under. A couple of days ago I faced him in an inhouse game, orc vs ud, and once again I became aware of how badly he sucks with undead, always complaining about the imbaness of orc trifecta. So, he will lose his 1v1 even if he faces Arctic.

Under.Sta showed a great performance last game, since he managed to beat me when I was in a fairly good position. Tho I must blame Shave for that, since he just must have fed Under so hard, without killing anything. However, I dont wanna take anything away from him, I think he will go far in this season.

JAODY! Sorry for not rooting for you, I really hope you give us a golden chat, like always.

M11
 :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant

Everybody seems to think Tyrant is such a good player, but I dont agree. He lost plenty of 2v2 vs me and junker, we have like 90% winrate vs him and whoever ally. I have only seen 1 game with Slythe and I think he is behind microwise in this matchup, but macrowise he should stand a chance.

Soso takes this, thx to the small map.

M12

Great game, easily the top game of the round. Alien is one or two levels above the rest of the players here when he is at his prime, which he aint right now. Neither is junker nor the rest of the players, so this will come down to a game where it depends on luck and timing and chat. If it comes down to early aggression, the both elves will be skrewed, since they are way below the solo micro of junker and alien.

M13

Cumulo will t2 push his neighbor and get a great advantage, too big for the rest of the players to withstand his constant pressure. He will go fast 100 which will put him behind on gold, but that wont matter since he will just roll the other players. I think me and junker met WeAkUD in a 2v2 tourney at w3arena, where we won the first round on TR with our great tower rush with orc/ud, but then we lost after we revealed our master tacc. He has good micro tho

M14

No idea, since I didnt watch the first round and have never seen these players. Only player I know is shave, and he bloody sucks, seriously. He made me lose my first round coz he fed Under.Sta too hard.

M15

Horrible to be orc in this one. I will pick undead and fiend rush  my neighbor.

M16

I only know Ponty and Airenikus, who I saw in Ugri's last tourney. He came to finals, but really weird decision making made him lose, and I cant see him have any chance here. I root for mrsweets tho, for the horde.

M17

KENT TOP, STEPPINRAZOR DNO.

Only thing I can say about this one is, poor old steppin, 1 murican vs 3 russians. Nasty

M18

Oh what a freewin for noexx. The only thing I can see would make him not win this, is if eshan by any sick luck would survive long enough to get him to hide behind fortified towers, like he tried with me in R1 where I rushed him out.

"Please master fetta! please!"

"Let me live please!!! "

"If u dont attack me more, I will just sit here in my base, it is so cozy here where I can slowly but steadily build my 100 food orc army and try to seize any moment that occurs"

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 04:28:12 pm »
LOL @ cumulo memes

also LOL @ soso manips

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:59 am »
M12

Emerald shores usually turns into two fast 1v1's, so that will disadvantage Wreck and Renaud. It's going to be very dependent on the races that Scrubberzam and TacoBellOwnZ roll. I think overall Alien is my favorite, but it's not a bet I would risk too much on.

M13

Again, the map does not bode well for a passive player like JUSSI KORMU. Weakud is a unknown quantity, but I know that Dinamo has improved. Superculo has shown in the past that he can pull off strong rushes. Again, I'm not confident in predicting this game, as it could become very chaotic. Superculo holds a slight edge in my book.

M14

Let's Shave won't play UD, since he knows it'll be a free 5 points for him. I've heard people say that GEASS is good, and  aarnikratti and observeandlearn are probably around the same skill level. Again, hard to predict, but since Shave has a tendency to either completely embarass himself or lag out when he's doing well, I'd give a slight edge to GEASS.

M15

Three orcs and Mogge. Let's see how rusty he is. Skill level wise, It's Mogge at the top, PBM behind and Ena and Fetta tied at the bottom. Ena has better mechanics than Fetta, but Fetta has more experience so it evens out. I'm hoping for an epic duel between Enal and Fetta, with lots of misplaced stomps and blademaster harassing. Mog is probably the favorite here on paper, but orcs should never be counted out by virtue of their race.

M17

b100death will bat blockade each and every player and dominate the game.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 07:12:49 am »
Nice false prediction about M17 :D