April 28, 2024, 08:52:45 pm

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 4381 times)

Offline htrt

Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »
hu end game > orc end game

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »

When you play as aggressive and with as good of micro as htrt and have levels 8/8/7 before anyone else than yeah. If there was an Orc player of your skill level then the only 1-up you'd have is mass tp and a more cost efficient MU against elf.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:18:59 pm by Dovekie »

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:39 pm »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 02:00:05 am »
way to ruin the plush + htrt ffa veteran mic drop XD

Offline plush.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:36 am »

When you play as aggressive and with as good of micro as htrt and have levels 8/8/7 before anyone else than yeah. If there was an Orc player of your skill level then the only 1-up you'd have is mass tp and a more cost efficient MU against elf.

IMO, FFA is too complicated to generalize about racial superiority in match-ups except when it's glaringly obvious,  like UD late game vs Orc late game and Orc T2/early T3 vs Hu/UD T2/early T3. If I remember the two games I played with htrt right, they're a great example of what I'm talking about. Both games were split 1v1s on Monsoon where we both easily beat our respective opponents. The first game, he won his faster and initiated the final 1v1 forcing me to TP back to my main. After that he never let me get near a shop to buy heal scrolls and quickly beat me. The second game was another split 1v1 where I won mine more cleanly, went 100 first, and forced him to fight me in a position where he similarly had no heal scrolls and couldn't buy from his goblin merchant. In other words, barring extreme examples, it's more about the events of a game and the players themselves than the races involved.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:02:23 am by plush. »