April 25, 2024, 03:12:07 am

Author Topic: FFA/FML Podcast  (Read 14625 times)

Offline Tleilaxu

Re: FFA/FML Podcast
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »
Anyway, decent pod-cast, although definitely a bit too long winded. Sometimes it sounds like one of you (I think it was Fetta) is talking through a toilet.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »
Awesome, will listen when I get home.  Congrats on producing the first one though!
Hi

Offline fetta_ook

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: fetta_ook
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »
Really appreciate the feedback from u guys, we're definitely going to listen to your suggestions and adapt. After all, we don't have any naive ideas about this podcast becoming big, it is just a fun way of sharing and spreading the conversations we already have, but throughout the community.

So, please continue to post anything that occur to you while listening, no matter if it is about junkerzam sounding as if he was born dug out from a cave in Isengaard, or me being a soon to be bald twat, we welcome all thoughts.

Offline AlienWareOwnZ

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: AlienWareOwnZ
  • Race: Random
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 06:15:29 pm »
Nice intro music :D

Gj guys looking forward to the next one

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »
I'll start this off by saying the most important bit, congratulations and well done!  Actually getting content made is the hardest part, and while it wasn't perfect it was good and I definitely enjoyed it and will continue to listen to it.

Some areas of improvement.

1) Have a clear idea of what you're going to be doing going into the podcast, it seemed like you guys wandered a bit here though props for not having any dead air.

2) Find a format that works and stick with it.  Since this is the first podcast I think it was good to introduce yourselves, but in the future I recommend something like the following.

Opening - Quick music clip, you guys say who you are and then say what date it is and a quick rundown of what you'll be covering today.

News - Hit the news and recent events first that way you can keep those only interested in that tuned in.  If they exit after that's fine, but you don't want to lose out on folks who are only interested in the news section (see Cumulo.)  I would say you should probably keep this section to around 20 mins max.  Recap what's going on, give a brief overview of how matches played out, but don't go too in depth in theorycrafting or play by plays on the podcast.  Keep in mind it's somewhat boring to hear two folks talk about player A did xyz while player B did abc if they can't watch it.  If you to too far into the weeds I think you'll lose listeners.

What to watch for: Give listeners a brief preview (3-5mins) of what to expect over the next few weeks. 

Human Interest Piece - AKA interviews.  Maybe I'm the odd one out here, but I fucking love learning more about WC3 players, their backgrounds, how they got involved, what they do now, and why the hell they're still with this game.  It's far and away the most interesting aspect of what this podcast could be to me, and I think you'll find that other people love learning about the players as well.  I believe this is where you guys can really shine, and it's something you should add to every podcast.  We certainly aren't lacking players, personalities, and admins to interview. Ideally I think these last around 20 mins maybe?  All in all I suspect you'll end up around an hour per podcast which I think is reasonable.

Now, obviously it's your podcast so be sure to do what you want with it, don't let people like me dictate what is your show.

A few other odds and ends.

- Solo.  I think there's a huge market to include this (B2W sharing it will get a bunch of people interested), and you could really capitalize and grow the podcast.  If you don't want to that's cool, but if you do you have a very narrow window before this is known as a FFA only podcast.

- Names.  Keep in mind that a lot of people (okay most) don't know your voices well.  Make sure when talking to each other to use each other's name every now and then.  Well Fetta, I agree or Junkerz, you're a bloody idiot.  Small things like that will help folks keep track of who is who.

-Voice inflection.  You both have very soothing voices which is great for a project like this, but remember to use some inflections every now and then to keep the listener hooked.  Otherwise they may be listening to it in the background and discover that they've kinda lost track of what they were listening to.

-iTunes & other platforms.  You need to make this available to be subscribed to on platforms like iTunes, stitcher, pocketcast, etc at some point.  If you allow people the option to subscribe on their phones and autodownload it then you're taking half of the fight away of making people remember it. 

Will edit in anything else I can think of, and again fantastic job!  Super excited about the podcast.
Hi

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 04:51:29 am »
Sup guys,

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, we had a go again and are glad to present Mage as our first guest on the podcast.

Any suggestions or feedback, keep it coming.

Episode available here:
http://podcraft3.podbean.com/

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 07:36:32 am »
Great job junkerz and fetta. Very amusing to listen to :D

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 07:43:01 am »
Ye this was a treat. Great job guys

DV-

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2016, 08:52:38 am »
Its not that terrible like i thought it would be
Thx fetta/junker

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 01:15:07 pm »
Its not that terrible like i thought it would be

This right here is what I always strive for ;)

Nice work and thanks for letting me come on the podcast guys.  Looking forward to listening to it.
Hi

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 03:12:57 pm »
Yeah that was cool. Who was the guy Mage would suicide? I didn't quite catch it.

Ponty

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2016, 03:59:22 pm »
Good podcast, i liked the interview of Mage and the questions you asked him, always cool to listen to him :)

One thing i would suggest is something that Mage already talked about

"-Voice inflection.  You both have very soothing voices which is great for a project like this, but remember to use some inflections every now and then to keep the listener hooked.  Otherwise they may be listening to it in the backgroun
d and discover that they've kinda lost track of what they were listening to."

It's kinda hard to get to talk in a way we aren't used too, but it would be a great add to the podcasts if you manage to talk in a less monotone way, like Mage does
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:01:00 pm by Ponty »

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »
Yeah a lot of people who speak English as a second language can be pretty monotone.  German is interesting because half the Germans who speak English are really monotone, and the other half have HUGE range and are extremely entertaining. I would say I've heard more monotone speakers from Sweden than I have from some other European counter, but you guys weren't too monotone or anything, maybe a little bit.

I listened to about 70% of the first one, it was okay.  I'll listen to the second one later.  Btw if you want anyone to argue with you guys I'd love you join in.

Off topic but my wife is in Jönköping right now and will be in Stockholm all next week.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »
Only listened to the 3rd podcast but it was very entertaining. The interview with mage was nice - it's good to hear his insights as he has been very involved in FFA for so long. Also nice to hear reminiscing about old players.

As for the recap of recent games - to me it was a bit harder to follow since I hadn't watched the games. Maybe it would be interesting to focus on some important players in the recent games and discuss their playstyles or pick out interesting new strategies that have shown up.

Offline j33.

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: j33.
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 02:32:09 am »
Haven't listened the first one but the second episode was really good. Your podcasts quality is almost equal to the quality of Swedish Eurovision song contest production. Gj!