April 19, 2024, 01:22:16 am

Author Topic: Organized show matches and future projects  (Read 3921 times)

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Organized show matches and future projects
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:20:50 am »
Hey guys,

Yaws suggested that we could organize a high class ffa game every 4 weeks with price money. Personally I think this is a great idea. It is something that has been on my mind since Mage became inactive and left a void. We should continue this tradition of show matches/leagues with top players.

Current status of FFA competitively organized activity:

Big FFA tournaments:

•   Ugri has announced that he is hosting a ffa tournament that will probably be an open tournament for anyone that wants to compete. I am not sure exactly when it will be and would therefore like some updates on that.

Competitive leagues for our community of skilled FFA players:

•   Ponty and DV created the sympo league that created a competitive format for us FFA players in a time where FML was not active.

(New) The vacuum of show matches / leagues for top players after Mage inactivity:

•   We should expand on the possibility to host/organize show matches  with top FFA players competing with solo players. This format could use prize money as a motivation to create interest among solo players if needed. I would  work on this with Yaws (and perhaps Mage?) and organize these show matches or leagues. If somebody is willing to participate in organizing these events, feel free to come with suggestions/ideas.

On prize money:

Prize money will probably not be necessary to make the ffa players of our community participate, but it may create a competitive interest in winning with money on the line.

Prize money may be needed if we are to recruit guests (top solo players) to the matches. I know Mage has been in contact with some of the solo players on skype. I will need some help with networking with the solo players as I only have yaws as contact.

Streamers:

•   I would be willing to cast these show matches on FFAmasters @twitch to make it interesting with guest casters. Hopefully we can get other streamers to participate such as Wtiii and Yaws.

Contact with solo players:

•   We can start with finding a date (or make a schedule on FFAmasters if necessary) and ask the top players of the ffa community and solo community if they are able to play.

•   I assume that Mage has contacts with the solo players. I need some kind of way to contact players such as cechi, hawk, Tod, Grubby etc. so I will need some help with networking.

Further work with organizing FFA events:

•   I Would like to see show matches develop into some sort of league format with price money on the line. It could be something like FML with a series of show matches and a winner.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Organized show matches and future projects
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:23:43 pm »
Awesome to see you working on this soso!  Obviously I'm happy to do whatever I can within my limitations, and can pass on contacts to you. Yawsy has great contacts as well obviously.

I'll chip in $25 a month for the show matches.
Hi

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »
@Soso : plan is to do it in April, after FFarena has some more popularity, after an announcement that will be very important for w3arena is done. Will be done in coordination with kalaxa so events do not collide

that is the plan anyway.

Wanted to do it in March but there was too much work to do with FFArena and I ended doing more than just fixing its system.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »
sounds like a good idea, perhaps it could start in late april when season 22 is coming to an end (semi finals/finals). Also, maybe team up with Thendis ? you could have him as guest in some of the games and he may upload the games on his youtube account.

If I may suggest, do you think these future tournaments could be done on sundays ? since usually saturdays there are solo tournies.

Overall, I think FFA will see a big jump in activity this year, looking forward being active :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:46:31 pm by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:34:39 pm »
sunday is the bigger solo day

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:28:59 pm »
Agreed, Gera Cup is usually Sundays.  I hate doing events Saturday but it's probably the better day. 

Also talk with Neo about doing a cast with him, he's interested in FFA and I've talked with him a bunch about it, he just is really busy and doesn't know much about FFA.  I'm sure you could do a joint cast though.

And it goes without saying but if it works out that I'm available to cast I'm happy to do it, however you know more about FFA than I do anyways so I'm happy to see you taking the lead =D
Hi

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »
oh man :icon_sad:. It's just that most of the top FFA players are active on sundays and we usually play between 12 EST till 18 EST. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think Gera Cup begins very early in the morning. Thendis usually wakes up at 5am to cast it since it's russian time ? so perhaps our FFA tournies/cups can be on sunday starting at 10 EST and have a time limit, maybe 90 minutes ?. Perhaps we could coordinate with the admins of Gera Cup to dedicate 1 sunday for FFA cup, so that we don't interfere with their solo tourny :P

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Race: Random
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:39:35 am »
Ideally I think it would be best to play these on saturday or any other day where gera cup is not being played because all the viewers may go for that instead.

We will see, thanks for bringing it up

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:27:50 am »
Gera cup is organized every week Soso. You need to work on your wc3 esport gaming scene knowledge ;)

For FFA cup it will be on saturday, because your sunday is my monday

DV-

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 09:32:42 am »
Show matches dont require so much time, you need like 2 hours?
You can play them on weekends right after solo cups because they usually start at 13:00 CET which is perfect for europe/russia and fine for koreans who are often play goodgame.ru solo cups lately.

Ofcourse we need whole day for FFA cup, its different story.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 09:52:44 am »
If it´s going to be a saturday, why don´t we make it after FML S22 is over?. I think based on how we´ve been scheduling it´s very likely that the grand final is played within the first two weeks of May so maybe if we make a FFA tournament/cup it could be on May 14th, 21st. It´s just a suggestion :P

Offline Valefort

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:54:53 am »
One FFA match every saturday or late sunday with little or no prize money then the 5th week the 4 winners of the previous matches play against each other for a bit of money. That should be quick and simple to do I think !

Hopefully it can be announced on w3arena page and throughout the w3 community, depending on the number of participants and the mood of the day the match can be a 4-6-8 way with players picked randomly in a pool of participants filtered by the organizers (to avoid too much disparity in the levels and to keep good players).

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 06:41:09 am »
how about we do a 3n3n3n3 or a 2n2n2n2n2n2 or 2n2n2n2 this weekend? fixed time fixed teams? it would be nice for a change to fight jaod dinamo and kent in a fair format :D we could do like 3 games or smth to crown the winner team! well fuck it lets just do this.

I SIGN UP NOE ALIEN SHAVE TEAM (in case they have time and still like me)
I think russian mafia will also be a team i will ask jaod so we need 2 more teams for 3n3n3n3. SOSO PONTY VALE SEKSI CUMULO FETTA JUNKER JEE HUD LW ETC. GO GET TOGETHER

If noone wants 3n3 cuz u guys suck we will talk 2n2n2n2 since its easier to get 2s teams!

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 06:42:25 am »
our team name will be: latinalovers

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile