March 28, 2024, 07:29:56 pm

Author Topic: FFArena and FML  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
FFArena and FML
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:10:42 pm »
FFArena is almost ready to launch its first season, as Ugri has updated in the progress thread.  The main issue I see now is that FFArena's forum sucks and that community element is all but missing without an active chat and forums. 

We have the running games here (awesome), curious to see what you guys think of having the error reporting thread here on FML (or is it just better on w3arena?).  Regardless, an official announcement for the start of FFArena Season 1 here would be great (with links to the ladder, top players, map pool, and error fixing thread).  Maybe WorpeX, Maga, or Pinball could help with that? 

I cannot see anything but positive results going forward for FFA with both the popularity of FML and (re)emergence of competitive ladder in FFArena. 

I will do my best to promote both platforms as before.  I also plan on revamping the FFA guide to be even bigger and better based on the feedback/suggestions I received from everyone.

What is everyone's thoughts? 

:hu: :ne: :orc: :ra: :ud:

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: FFArena and FML
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:50:03 pm »
the only downside is that most of the players that are currently playing are very low skilled. Perhaps if more people join, but mostly from the solo community@arena, then it could get more challenging. Also, the ladder system seems outdated, but I guess with time this will be fixed  :icon_wink:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:08:24 pm »
I'm not on the board of directors or anything, but I dont think FML would be the place to troubleshoot FFArena issues

The two sites (and ffareplays) should be linked and FML can contain FFarena game info etc, but that stuff should be hosted elsewhere

As long as we link and connect all the sites, and promote it, hopefully it will gain popularity

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 11:16:09 pm »
Like I used to say when I used to run a website, it is not up to you to organize fml / playffa (RIP) / w3arena together through some polls.

We interact together very well, we work on project together and we go the ways we feel confortable with

Technical ladder stuff will not be dealt with on fml site, nobody wants it (fml or w3arena)

just explaining, I do not mean to be harsh or anything

Note : FFArena is part of w3arena.net, those are not two different things.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:18:06 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:01:02 am »
It's okay, It's not of big importance for FML site to host the thread.. just an idea.  An announcement in correlation with the beginning of the season (and ladder reset) could be good but again not of major importance.  What is important is that stats are working properly, bots are connected (still need Russian?) and activity is and can be there.

we can promote it, play it, and build upon it.  I have no doubt FFArena can be really competitive and successful.  To your point Cumulo, playFFA was competitive and great for sure for atleast the first 5 seasons.   No reason why it can't be really good now too with FFA's popularity with the help of the players and admins/managers organizing. 

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:48 am »
We will definitely be promoting FFAArena stuff and keep everyone current with new events going on over there. Ugrilainen has been doing a great job of getting the bot into working condition and helping us get the running games box working again. I'm very excited for the future of the ladder, good things are still to come!

That said, troubleshooting should remain off-site. You know how FML gets when a new round is up. It's already very cluttered and messy. Now think of that plus topics about how stats weren't recorded right on the ladder. Our site can support FML content pretty well, but anything beyond that and it becomes just be too much. The site isn't really built to support such a massive amount of content.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 11:22:31 am »
That makes sense, ty WorpeX!