March 28, 2024, 09:38:34 am

Author Topic: S22 Round 1 Predictions!  (Read 6808 times)

Magadansky

Re: S22 Round 1 Predictions!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 05:23:56 am »
M1

:Peru: :hu: zS.SuperCumulo
:Finland: :ne: J33
:Peru: :ud: NoMercy2
:Russia: :ra: Dinamo

j33 is a smart player who has plenty of experience in ffa. I am sure he will be immune to the manips and if he manages to resist any earlier pushes, he will take this game in the end.

M2

:Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:Russia: :hu: AJIKAIII
:Sweden: :hu: :ne: Hudkraem

Difficult game, anyone can win. All players are active and know each other well. I go with Eshan based on experience again but thats the slightest of edges.

M4

:Ukraine: :orc: Nline
:Russia: :ud: Qwest
:Russia: :ra: SQK.GreatWALL
:Germany: :orc: icedr4g0n

Nline has very good macro and micro so, if he avoids early rushes, or crushes them, he will be able to get the win. A lot of manips will be used this game, it could get ugly.

M5

:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook
:Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
:Germany: :ne: CallMeImba
:Germany: :orc: QQs

Going with the least known player here, only based on the fact he can stay under the radar and get the win. Fetta usually wins by applying the same strategy but in a game where there is no visible powerhouse, this would be nearly impossible.

M6

:Denmark: :hu: zTsoso
:Germany: :orc: :ne: :ud: FAiL.Life
:Australia: :ra: Sweet
:Russia: :orc: KENT2566

The game depends on spawns. If Soso is not sandwiched, he will win, otherwise it will be extremely hard for him as all the players here have poor ffa sense. This can be useful if he is left alone but terrible if he starts to get killed by someone.

M8

:USA: :ne: Wrecktify
:USA: :ud: WorpeX
:Denmark: :ud: Tleilaxu
:Russia: :ud: JAOD

Almost the same as the match above applies here, except that Worpex and Laxu usually have good ffa sense UNTIL some point. Late game isn't their strength, so it again depends on spawns. Going with Wreck but if he spawns surrounded, it will be lights off, especially if Jaod is near.

M9

:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Germany: :orc::ud: Ostone
:France: :hu: Valefort
:Denmark: :orc: :ud: :ne: d4rk

Ostone, Seksi and Vale are all solid players. Here, it will be important to see what races Ostone and Seksi get as Vale gets emotional if there are undeads for some reason. Going with Ostone as he seems better in late 3-ways than Seksi but again, its a very close call.

Offline fetta_ook

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: fetta_ook
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 08:21:29 am »
M1

In this game, Cumulo will merc rush his neighbour. If this will be on j33, it is gg since the suomi former powerhouse does not have a tacc that is strong against an early HU push. If this will be on Dinamo, it might be a tougher situation, since this russian is pretty good in early solos. NoMercy is too rusty I guess to be able to win against any of these players. My prediction is that Cumulo will get a really strong position and wipe J33s main, which will get Dinamo to suicide both, while j33 can rebuild on the other side of the map and win the game since Cumu never scouts.

M2

Eshan is a player i put in the same category as Fail.Life, both are nasty hoarders/manippers and are super annoying to face with all their bullshit chat. However, their micro and ffa sense leaves them vulnerable, so I think Junker will rush Eshan and get a really strong position, after which he will be heavily sieged by Hud and Ajikaii and then pretend to be dead, while actually hoarding at 50 with several expos, and then just get a freewin.

M4

Icedragon is one of the shittiest players this season who will BM harass his neighbour, trying to cancel his exe without even having one building himself, which means that he will get rushed out at the 10 min mark. However, if this neighbour happens to be Qwest, he will just use icedragon as a rebirthing tome of experience, so that Qwest can stay at 50 and getting close to 30k gold. Meanwhile, Nline and GW are slamming their 100 armies heads on in to each other, so they will have massive heroes, but super low gold and Qwest will win.

M5

I might sound as narcissistic as zTSoso but unless I get teamed out, this will be a walk in the park for me. None of these players can beat me solo, but if CMI throws waves of 100 at me, while someone else is fighting me from the other front, I might loose.

M6

Whoever spawns close to KENT will try to rush him early and secure a fast 2nd "main". Sweet and Fail lacks general FFA sense and fancy tactics like going raiders/kodos. However, both these are nasty fuckers and will rightfully team Soso who then will start crying and just turtle in his main for 90 minutes, like he did last season at Deathrose and lost the game to Junker despite a leading position. It hurts to say, but I think Fail's miserable style will prevail and he will win.

M8

Tleilaxu has by far the worst micro out of all players this season, so even his manip won't save him.

M9

This is the true highlight of the first round. I really look forward to see Ostone and Seksi clash in to each other early. If it becomes orc mirror, Ostone will win since Seksi will go DR, which is kinda weak in early orc mirrors. However, I think Seksi will pick UD and then just rush Ostone out before he gets fortified armor on burrows and towers.

I really look forward to see Vale playing against 3 possible UDs, however I think d4rk might be a bit of a rookie and might give Vale a chance to beat an undead.

Offline fetta_ook

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: fetta_ook
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 08:34:13 am »
Oh I forgot this match:

M7

:Bulgaria: :ud: XoZ_Magadansky
:USA: :ra: SteppinRazor
:USA: :ra: Alien
:France: :ra: Ponty

This gonna be a good game. Some ppl say that Ponty has good ffa sense, something I can't agree with. He tends to get tunnelvision and fall in to the traps of cunning players like Seksi and Maga.

The Bulgarian beast of a man is my absolute nightmare to have as neighbour, since you always know that at the 15 min mark, he will rumble in and cancel all your expos with lvl 4 3 2, 5 fiends, 4 gargs, 2 necros and 2 destros. This always happens and u can just insta quit.

This will happen in this game again and Maga will secure a super strong early position, after which he will be 3v1, until the moment he can start possessing Ponty the Puppet and get him to throw waves on 100 on to the others, while rebuilding in disguise, using only heroes. He will pretend to be very weak and lose all buildings except a few halls and ziggurats and ONE boneyard, and make sure he has enough gold to build 6-7 wyrms to accompany his 998 heroes in the final 1v1 and secure a win.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 10:34:10 am »
got to say there that I love how Fetta is predicting stuff :D

Offline SweeT

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SweeT
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 11:08:23 am »
LOL ^   at fetta's predictions .

he was 100% right about the tleilaxu game. He lost with 20k against jaod who had probably not even half his gold LOL

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 11:21:03 am »
I see sweet is still butthurt after getting raped in 1v1 ;). Look at the replay, he had 20 more gargs than me.
Anyway, looking forward to your game. I think you'll survive about 20 minutes before getting tomed to death.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 11:45:41 am »
lol, fetta goes on a trashtalk spree, very uncool behaviour towards soso fetta -_-.
As for laxu, he really threw that game, but in general he finished 2nd so that's good :)

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline F10EX

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: F10EX
  • Race: Random
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 09:17:58 pm »
Best predictions ive seen ever. Good job fetta i fucking laughed my ass off. Id like anyone to actually predict me in m9

Offline junkerzam

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: junkerzam
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 04:38:53 pm »
M1

I am always rooting for my finnish neighbor J33, sadly Cumulo should win his 1v1 regardless of opponent and has a knack of saving up gold in the process. Don't think the remaining players will be able to team him down on such a big map.

M2

Will Eshan be able to take control of my little puppet Hudkraem? This will be a serious test of his loyalty.

M4

I expect Nline to go down swinging facing two sneaky players with good game sense (not you icedrag4n, sorry). Although I will admit Icedrag4n is an amusing little orc who will surely bring some laughs to the game. Counting on Qwest to build multiple islands and grind his way to victory.

M5

This may be a hoardfest like we have never seen before. Fetta has a way of losing games that nobody should ever lose, but I don't like CMI's chances as elf vs 3 orcs. Pinball is rarely successful against other hoarders and QQs is a little noobie who should get squashed "early".

M6

M7

Mr.maga and Alien plays in their own league in this one, although lately Alien prances around like he is htrt in his glory days. This arrogant behaviour will surely lead to his downfall and I'm expecting maga to snatch the victory here. 

M9

Seksi is the obvious target for teaming, while Ostone has lurked in the background for some time licking his wounds after last seasons embarassing failure. He is only slightly less favored than seksi so his recent blunders may give him a little breather in this game. Valefort has improved alot since I started playing, hopefully everyone goes undead and we can all watch him go down in flames together. No idea who d4rk is, but has there ever been a champion from denmark?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:52:40 pm by junkerzam »

zTsoso

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 05:07:06 pm »
Junker and fetta competing. Who has the worst manners and the worst skills? let the race to the bottom begin.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 05:21:05 pm »
lol soso, junkers' SS depicts exactly how u are going to win ur game :)

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 06:27:14 pm »
M1

What many people dont know is that cumulo and nomercy are eich others arch enemys. they play in the same street pan fluete group at 50th street NY. 2 weeks ago the group leader Radamel got enough goats for selling his doughter into marriage for leaveing the group and spending the rest of his life as farmer back in peru. After multiple roaster fights couldnt decide who the new group leader should be nomercy and little montezuma decided this ffa game to be the judge. last time i saw jee playing he sieged me for 40mins in an 8way with talons catas and archer till we both got cleared up. so my bet is dinamo here. hes just the most complete player in here.

M2

Eshan knows how to distract the swedishs. he will fake some crash of his furniture and ask them if they could send them instructions how to repair his stuff. but that wont work on alkash. as russian hes used to things beeing broken and not working. eshan wont get any help from him. with the ikea fraction beeing bussy to solve eshans room problem and eshan not strong enough to fight by his own robbo alkash will take the win
M4

3 russians and 1 german ena you got this <3

M5

I might sound as narcissistic as zTSoso but unless Fetta gest teamed out, this will be a walk in the park for him. None of these players can beat him solo, but if CMI throws waves of 100 at him, while someone else is fighting him from the other front, he might loose.

M6

soso best player but everyone knows that. they will team him before its a 3way. he needs to change his playstyle and play really agressive or he wont be able to take the win.

M7

Alien rdms orc and maga suicides him for it. ponty beats stepping and gets 20k gold. Alien beats maga has 100 gold left and beats ponty somehow with that

M9

Ostone will remember during the game that he only trained 2 sets biceps and not 3sets that day. while he is on his way back to the gym seksi as elf nearly killed dark who is ud. dark is down to 1 ako and 1 shop and valefort is toming seksi hard now. Seksi posses the ako of dark with the dr and makes second race undead. the begin of the end...for vale

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »
what is going on in Scandinavia? You have pretty much the same flags!

Offline AlienWareOwnZ

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: AlienWareOwnZ
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 06:37:08 pm »
M1

Dinamo Will crossmap cumulo while cumulo is toming someone. Cumulo wil be foodblocked as usual and will fail to rebuild while j33 (a master rebuilder) will win the game with a hidden tree

M2

It will come down to who's manip is stronger and i think Eshan wins hands down in this category
M4

Going with greatwall here

M5

CallmeImba will win with some key silences vs orc, dont forget to steal a witch doctor or you will lose to those dirty bats :(

M6

Soso is clearly the highest skilled in this game. IF not teamed to complete death soso tkes this one

M8

Too late to predict :(
M9

Very nice cast here! Looking forward to the return of ostone :)
I pick seksi here, I think he will thrive with his overall skill on such a big map

Ponty

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
M1

I don't think Dinamo will last long in this one because of macro problems. I see a 3-way between cumulo j33 and Nomercy where Nomercy will actually be the key player, he is good but i consider him under j33 and cumulo in terms of mechanics. If he decides to play it agressive he might have a chance to win but i think cumulo will take it in the end mostly because he plays human.

M2

Interesting game, 3 good players and one emotional player (Hud). I don't know what will be the state of mind of Hud, i think he doesn't really care about his game since i didn't see him play for a while so i expect a rusty play from him, and a possible suicide. If he actually takes the game seriously, i think Eshan might actually be the first to die because of his relative passiveness in the early phase. The game will depend a lot of what race Junker will play. If Eshan makes it to the 3-way, he will have good chances to win thanks to his gold management and to his manip skills.

M4

Icedr4g0n is new to ffa i don't see him stay long on a typical fml game (4-way and big map) where his macro will be his downfall. He will probably try to rebuild and spend a lot of ressources on towers which will lead to nothing. Nline might be taken out by a strong push of qwest, and i feel qwest will most likely be cleaned by GW just after.

M5

Funny cast. I expect a lot of chat by fetta who will probably cry with 15k gold and manage to manip the other players in thinking he is broke.

M6

Sweet and Kent will have to work on their macro for this game because zTsoso and Life will certainly get strong fast, i think Sweet has the potential to flourish in the 3-way if he reachs it. Soso is a strong player and a predator he might roll on everyone if he gets Kent as first opponent, if not he will certainly be teamed in the 3-way. Life could also take a sneaky win and backstab Sweet unaware after they team Soso because of his name.

M7

I think this game will depend a lot on the posis and on the races of Alien and Steppin will get, good opponents, HF

M8

Predicted Jaod, and Jaod won.  :icon_wink:

M9

:Denmark: :orc: :ud: :ne: F10EX

I think Valefort might make a fancy move like a merc rush if he gets an ud near him, i don't see him success if he decides to rush seksi, it might work on ostone if he gets him unaware.
The winner will certainly be the one who wins his 1n1 on the other side.
In the case of Valefort not rushing, i expect a solid game, Seksi and Ostone being rusty Vale and F10 might have a chance to compete.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:54:38 pm by Ponty »