May 01, 2024, 11:00:17 pm

Author Topic: What race  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
What race
« on: October 27, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »
yo, i was thinking about quitting playing random and going with one race next fml season, so IS THERE A SPECIFIC RACE U`D LIKE TO SEE ME PLAYING?

first i will tell u why i like playing a certain race ( and since i like every race , i am playing random, although u could make an order like ud=hu> elf > orc )

UD:     +           the movementspeed, nuking, dreadlord, never easy to succeed vs 
                        decent players ( playing other races ) , use of underused casters,
                        good rushing ability

-            i am not fan of hit and run, when i have the feeling that this is the   
                        only chance of winning, weak basedefense /low hp buildings u usually
                        lose in a base-race everytime, donīt like mass gargs, rly hate air
                        battles vs chippo elf

HU:    +            ability to counter everything, u always can easily kill big, mass 
                        towered bases, fast expands/ ressources, pal/mk + x combo just
                        rapes without the need of exceptional micro, good scouting with 
                        towers/ gyros

-             donīt like mass towers, but sometimes it is only way to win ( higher
                        lvl bnet games with 2+ tower/hoard humans making games so damn 
                        long and and annoying >.<), ur army needs many adjustments to
                        opponents army to be effective, for a good control u often would
                        need 4/5 control groups, i rly dislike everything over 3

ELF    +            u can chose so many different heroes which work decently, moonwells,
                        starfall, u only need to upgrade one upgrade-tree since u usually will
                        mix those units, staff, nature/ mystique -style, RoC final mission rocks!
                        rebuilding ability, dryad dispell

-             i always want to take 4 heroes to be prepared for every game
                        situation, slow army, i like hipporiders but i think they suck 95% of the
                        time, no str hero, quite weak base, lacking bigger damage-output
                        wihtout addition of chims

ORC   +            movement/attack speed, fighting skills, healing with ward/SH, nasty
                        looking and effective turtlebases, very nice shop, scouting

-            ur wins usually does not mean much since u have best army, deadly
                       herocombo and u can play sloppy and still win games with ease,
                       hunger for lumber ( thats why the n8elves hate them so much ! ), ur
                       army is only complete with many upgrades, u can either chose the
                       imba cheese to win or the lame ( e.g. bats ),

So u might like to give me feedback and help with going for one race by chosing from the following answers :

1. stick with random, thats the king-choice and we all fear the change

2. go undead, so u will always be underestimated, ZE DEAD HATE ZE LIVING AND WE LIKE ZOMBIEMOVIES

3. pick human, since u cannot be wrong with this choice, being versatile in ways of playing aggressive/passive and fml was mainly won by humans

4. chose elf, cuz this race is underrepresented and everyone needs a tree-hug from time to time

5. Make the horde proud, increase the number of orcs in games so it wonīt be so easy to team them and show us some hexa-stomp, never getting tired of watching the imba

6. no one cares, u are a big boy who can decide by your own

7. who gives a damn about that, i beat u anyways whichever race u are, because i am simply better

&feature=player_embedded

Offline Nase

Re: What race
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 02:15:11 pm »

there you go :D

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:16:16 pm »
4.  The Ents are underrepresented! Plus I'd like to see more replays with NE in them so I can learn to play better.
Hi

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:24:28 pm »
Anything but HU. Any more than 1 HU in a game makes me /wrist. Seriously, can we have a limit on HU players in the league? Annoying as hell.

Magadansky

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:25:02 pm »
Stay a versatile player, there aren't many players like you in ffa.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:25:49 pm »
so I can learn to play better.

Here's an easy one, scout. If a ud near you is hitting a one of 2 hoarding orcs on murgul, this is NOT the time to hit the UD. It's time to hit the other damn orc and stop him from hoarding.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 02:50:52 pm »
To be honest, I hate random players (a bit less than orc) since it's harder to remember how they play, and it's almost impossible to have a solid plan before the game

but if you want to choose, i would suggest ud or ne (that way ppl are amazed when you win, and can't blame abusing imbalanced!)

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »
There's only 3 orcs in FML right now I believe (me, Das, yz). Join the dark side of the force.

EDIT: And Persuade but I'm not sure if he's a full-time orc player.

P.S. My real suggestion is to perhaps pick the race based on the map + your opponents, like I did during my semi. Don't just stick with one only.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:56:52 pm by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 02:57:29 pm »
i miss nooblex

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

P.S. My real suggestion is to perhaps pick the race based on the map + your opponents, like I did during my semi. Don't just stick with one only.

Yeah sorta like darkness plays 999 ffa games as same race/hero combo/army, then goes 1 game with a different race, loses it like a boss, then goes on to give advices and look all wise and shit.

Lightweight!

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 03:33:00 pm »
2. Show us some undead caster abuse and easy base selling/rebuilding actions. Be the first undead who will play lich,naga,dk and rape some asses with focusing.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »
somehow the editing is messed up , although it looked nice when i posted  :icon_confused:.

thanks for the comments so far, no clear tendency visible though  :icon_razz:

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »
Here's an easy one, scout. If a ud near you is hitting a one of 2 hoarding orcs on murgul, this is NOT the time to hit the UD. It's time to hit the other damn orc and stop him from hoarding.

Got bitter feelings about a game?
Hi

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:42 pm »
I don't like "uneducated suicide" in game, and try to educate against it, when possible.

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »
I don't like "uneducated suicide" in game, and try to educate against it, when possible.

Thanks I guess, I'd like to think I've gotten that far at least haha.  I was more talking about unit/hero combinations and getting to see those in play.
Hi