March 28, 2024, 08:50:30 pm

Author Topic: Your FML Season 20 Champion...  (Read 4062 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Your FML Season 20 Champion...
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:16:38 pm »
:FMLN:

Well folks, it feels like there's a somewhat overdue and important announcement here!  That announcement would be that :France: Valefort has won the fourth season of FML Bets.  Congratulations Valefort, and that is all.

Oh, right and  :Hungaria: Tyrant66 won the FML Season 20 finals, and is now inducted into the FML Hall of Fame.  He becomes the only Undead besides his fellow finalist :Bulgaria: Magadansky to ever win an FML finals, no small feat. 

After a brutally long semi-finals game that Tyrant barely managed to squeak out, he came into the finals as somewhat of an underdog due to a less than stellar semi-finals performance, and being the only one of the 4 players who didn't directly qualify for the finals.  However, he came out guns blazing when he took down Eshan in the first 15 minutes of the game.  Despite starting in a surrounded position, Tyrant never lost his head and executed his strategy as well as he possibly could have. 

Early on it appeared that he would be behind in hero levels since Magadansky had some of the best heroes from creeping I've ever seen on Twilight, and then proceeded to start to tome J33.  Things became even more interested when Tyrant and Magadansky started to duke it out, leaving J33 to hoard by himself.  The first fights went in Maga's favor due to some superior garg micro, and higher hero levels.  However, as Tyrant was hitting one of Magadansky's expansions the unthinkable happened: Maga lost his DK since he didn't have another TP on it. 

Things snowballed quickly for Magadansky as he soon lost another hero followed by the majority of his base.  It's quite possible that he was only saved from complete destruction thanks to J33 attacking Tyrant's base and forcing Tyrant to TP to it thus saving Magadansky to fight another day.  This is where the game entered the typical threeway phase, and while there was some mining, hoarding, and manipulation there also continued to be quick fights and skirmishes.  It quickly became apparent that Tyrant's heroes were pulling away.  As Tyrant tried to finish off J33 though, Magadansky struck at the perfect time and took out a large portion of Tyrant's base and army.  By this point both Maga and J33 were down to their last armies, however Tyrant had gold.

The problem for Tyrant though was the he was foodblocked!  It briefly looked like Maga might end Tyrant which would have been a travesty after how well he had played.  For reasons unknown though, Magadansky tped back to his base, allowing Tyrant to rebuild both his food cap and his army.  A base race between all three players began at this point, and ended up with Tyrant only have 2 buildings, J33 being defeated by building kill, and Magadansky having a necropolis that was hidden in the woods.  It looked like the odds might have tipped into Maga's favor with the well hidden building, however it quickly became apparent that Tyrant had better scouting than any of us had given him credit for.  He quickly went straight for the final necropolis. 

It looked like Tyrant had it in the bag, however he was caught out of position when Magadansky tped in and started to destroy his army.  Tyrant tped out in the nick of time, however he was now only a little above Magadansky's supply.  Tyrant managed to catch Maga slightly off guard for a split second, sleeping the Death Knight and killing of Maga's lich.  From here it quickly became apparent that Tyrant was going to kill off Maga's building or he himself was going to die trying.  Without a Lich Maga was unable to prevent the building kill though, and walked away from another FML Finals without his 4th title.

The story for :Hungaria: Tyrant66 ends quite a bit happier though, as another up and coming player pulled off a huge win that most people didn't expect.  Someone who was once considered a rather average FFA player has rapidly ascended into the top ranks of FFA.  The past year or two has really shown that the dedication that Tyrant has put in to improving his game has paid off.  So, with that, we all congratulate you Tyrant, well done!

:gold: :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66

***Yeah I know that some of this is not in the proper order or may have some artistic liberties, sue me.  If you want to see it all live then go download the replay!
Hi

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
Re: Your FML Season 20 Champion...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:34:16 am »
It looked like the odds might have tipped into Maga's favor with the well hidden building, however it quickly became apparent that Tyrant had better scouting than any of us had given him credit for.  He quickly went straight for the final necropolis

just asking dont be rude with me :

were there observers? were there a live cast? if yes were there some delay? if yes how much?

How long after being physically built has this necropolis been destroyed?

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:44:49 am »
WP Tyrant on an absolutely perfectly timed attack, the only thing i was really worried about was getting t2 rushed by maga or tyrant next to me and...thats exactly what i got. -.-

re: ugri - i highly doubt tyrant would have done anything wrong but its not hard for someone to check, all u gotta do is watch the game and turn on tyrants perspective before maga builds the necro and wait to see when tyrant scouts it
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:47:37 am by Eshan »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:13:09 am »
just asking dont be rude with me :

were there observers? were there a live cast? if yes were there some delay? if yes how much?

How long after being physically built has this necropolis been destroyed?

There were streamers (seksi and I) both had 15 min delay
I re-watched the replay (God I love whoever posted the x32 replay watcher <3)
He scouted it early in the game (at around 2h) but left if alone for 30min+ (until it was the last building remaining), which is why it might look like he went straight to it without scouting

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:54 am »
ok thks eshan and renaud and congratulations to tyrant!