March 29, 2024, 05:40:35 am

Author Topic: INS admin abuse  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Re: INS admin abuse
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 10:10:17 am »
What do we learn from this? You bet on the wrong horse. Lightweight for admin Season 20! It's time and we all know it. I even declinded Ugris offer to become his Head-Admin to have time for this Job.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:13 am »
Alright, a few separate issues going on here, so I'm going to try to address.

First.  Players should not be banning other players from the bot, for any period of time.  If you have an issue talk to an admin.  We give players admin status because we trust them to not abuse it, and we want you to have access to it. 

Second.  As previously stated, if you have issues with certain players bring it up with the admins and we'll figure out a solution to it.  We want the league and the atmosphere to be enjoyable to everyone.

Lastly, playstyle.  Those that have played with me in the past few years know that I hate players being whiny.  Nothing drives me nuts more than people going so incredibly over the top in a video game.  That being said, we can't dictate how people play.  Teach players through actions that a tactic won't work.  If a player constantly cries, finish him.  That's one of Renaud's favorite strategies since it means the player is weak and easy to tome.  If it really gets that bad and all the games become unenjoyable then talk to an admin about it.  We aren't going to dictate playstyle for FML games, however the inhouse games are meant to be fun and they aren't for points or anything.

@Tleilaxu That's completely the wrong attitude to take.  If Maga is better than you then it gives you an incentive to get better to play up to his level, not to just be a nuisance all game.  Maga is one of the most friendly players you'll meet, instead of antagonizing him ask him for help.  The community is happy to provide feedback on where you can improve, and players grow tremendously if they put the work in here.  No player has consistently been good by just crying in games.  It can work for a few games short term, but players figure it out quickly.  Everyone who's been around a few seasons knows players who have tried this before and how quickly it turns.  There's no denying manip is a power tool in FFA, however those that use it the best also have tons of other skills behind it.  Maga and Seksi are the two prime examples of players who are incredibly effective using manip, but they're both great players without it and it's just another element to their game, not the main element.
Hi

Offline Prometeus

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »
I really cant understand why a single game generated so much drama, it just looks like one if this ffa bot games to me... Yes, with retardness going around, but as always.

My apologies to all the observers who watched this exceptionally bad game, except for shave. I didnt expect it to go so awfull. Im gonna give you my insight why I did such a decision and failed so hard. I know those arent objectives at all, but they are my opinions.

1. Maga is the best. Isnt this just a single reason to team him? I tried to rush him with tanks but it didnt work.
2. I hate 3 ways. Soso knows this very well. I just tend to leave when one of those starts, I dont like to play 2 hours more for a game because of stupid crap and manip.
3. It was late and I wanted to finish the game a bit faster than it should last. Sadly Tleilaxu didnt move a finger to make anything.
4. I dont like players who offer a peace while killing stuff.

To summarize: after INS left I went 100 and tried to kill Maga "fast". I didnt fall for Tleilaxu's manip cry at all. As you can see I had other main reasons. It didnt work and I just fucked up. It was a horribe and frustrating game for me too.

But it only was a fucking game. You guys lost it. I have nothing against you Maga. Despite all the flame and insults from yesterday, I respect you as one of the best players out there, if not the best. And yes, Im far WORSE than you. Im a just a plain noob compared to your skills.

And Soso is very right, there should be ffa games without chat. This way its much more relaxing and you have to scout better.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:43:05 pm by Prometeus »

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 01:45:41 pm »
This is ffa, play how you want.  Report to admins if someone abuses power.

If you do not like someones playstyle, rush them out or just don't play with them.

FML will never tell people how to play a game.  If player wish to play with no chat or game restrictions, it is up to the players of that game.

I am locking this thread.