May 02, 2024, 09:08:13 am

Author Topic: Reminder - 4 Days Left to Apply!  (Read 2215 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Reminder - 4 Days Left to Apply!
« on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:12 am »
:FMLN:

Friendly reminder from your local admins, you only have 4 days left to apply for Season 20 of the FFA Masters League.  Applications are open, and only take a minute or two to fill out.  Apply Now!

While you're filling it out, feel free to check out the latest shoutcast, the FML Season 1 Finals!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:58:03 am by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
Re: Reminder - 4 Days Left to Apply!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »
This was an amazing cast! I was on the floor laughing at most of the comments. For those interested, let me clear up some history about FML S1 which explains the quality of this game:
---

When FML began, the FFA community was actually opposed to its existence and for good reason. The founder of the league was a solo player who had no idea how to play the game-type and the rulebook showed that. Most of the "top" players in the scene wanted nothing to do with the league and the players who applied and played were mostly unknown players from Azeroth or players from a Northrend clan known as FF4.

These players from FF4 were "outcasts" of the ffa community because of their annoying play-style of mass towers, private messaging and heavy use of manipulation. It was a strategy which was extremely difficult to beat back in the old days and one which many players didn't know how to defend against. Sky_Fireice is one of these players and he was able to manipulate the 2 players who kinda lucked their way into the finals - FrozenPrince and Lok-ta-Ogar - into doing his bidding without even having to do any work.

Nooblex on the other hand was one of few high level FFA players at the time to give the league a chance. He really doesn't get enough credit for that. Instead of turning his nose to the league he helped shape the future of the FFA scene and FML by proposing many rules and instigating many changes for the following seasons. He opened the door for many other top players to follow in his footsteps. He only lost this game due to being triple teamed thanks to Fireice's manipulation.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:09:13 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »
God damn it worpex, this is exactly what I'm looking for when I do interviews with you asking about FML's history!  This is gold.  I now feel obligated to cast every other FML final purely so you'll share the history behind those seasons with us :)
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 12:27:46 pm »
haha. I can't usually remember things on demand, it takes a spark for me to remember events. Watching this replay brought back a lot of fond memories! Thanks for doing this one!! I hope you do the finals with Target and Under.Sta next. :D

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:42:30 pm »
We should try to get Sky_FireIce to play S20. would be great to see him playing. but on the other hand i think he will refuse to play since we forbid private messaging.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 01:17:48 pm »
He left a message on my S1 video if you wanna talk to him

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »
What year was this season 1 finals?

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »
7 years ago is my guess, but not positive.
Hi

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 01:44:23 pm »
S1 was 2005 or 2006 max. definetely before 2007 !

Maybe Worp remembers the date/year

Offline Nooblex

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Nooblex
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 02:51:52 pm »
Haha this brings me back!

I think you guys missed what happened at the end. I was just suiciding Prince for the last 10 minutes or so. I had no expos and no gold and I was still being teamed by both of them, which is impossible to deal with vs a level 6 Alch and mass towers and gold. Once I decided they couldn't be reasoned with, I suicided.

I didn't really care who won after that. I would have suicided Fireice but I couldn't really have done enough damage. I wanted to decide the game so people didn't think they could just get away with tri-teaming all game.

Cheers :)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:45:40 pm »
S1 was 2005 or 2006 max. definetely before 2007 !

Maybe Worp remembers the date/year

I don't remember dates for shit, but I have the original replay file and I can see the date it was created! haha The exact date of this game was March/18/2006

So, this game was played 8 years ago. Crazy how much has changed since than and even crazier to know that we're still kicking after that much time!

Offline sky_FireIce

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 05:52:26 am »
Hi guys!

I have watched the shoutcast you've done. I think it is great. .
Nice to see the administration still runs the league and plays the game.

I want to add few comments on the shoutcast:
You have misinterpreted my motivation few times.
1. When I was killing Nooblex's heroes on the twelweth minute of the shotcast and I lost mine - I did it on purpose, because I never wanted to harm him much. I wanted Nooblex to kill FrozenPrince.
I knew that FrozenPrince had alot of gold. I needed Nooblex to be strong in order to make FrozenPrince spend all that gold.
2. I also lost all the battles I had on purpose. I never intended to win them, All I needed is just to make the other plays to spend gold and build units. I never wanted the other players to see me as a threat. If I built tanks insted of gyrocopters I might have won those battles. As I said before, actually, I never intended to do that.
3. I didn't build an army because I had told other plays that I had no gold. It would not be resonable to build an army after I told the other players that I had no gold.
4. I knew that Nooblex can't really do enought damage to me due to my towers, hawks and transmute. He could only fight FrozenPrince, so he did it. Neither of them had any choice by that moment.
5. I pick the paladin's aura as the skill choice for my paladin because it is better then the divine shield for my strategy. You can boost your armor and make gryphon riders nearly invincible in general situations if you make all the armor upgrades, have maxed out the paladin's aura, use a scroll of protection and set your priests into the "innter fire" mode. That is alot of armor.
But it turned out that I never needed it.
6. I think that the game was good.

Thank you!

P.S. : It is sad that you have banned the private chat. Well I no longer play PC games anyways. GL&HF
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:56:17 am by sky_FireIce »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 11:22:17 am »
There it is! The master of manipulation himself. No one play this style the way it used to!