April 19, 2024, 04:47:05 pm

Author Topic: FML Season 20 Showmatch Kickoff!  (Read 5144 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
Re: FML Season 20 Showmatch Kickoff!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 11:59:17 pm »
Showmatches aren't expected to have perfect play, since the player's don't even know the matchup/map until like a day beforehand, and there's not much on the line. In fact, it might even be in the players' best interest not to win the showmatch or they could become more of a target in the next season (probably not, but its an idea). Regardless, they should not be losing heroes to creeps :D.

The complaint that maga does the same thing every game is really a preferential one. I personally find it more entertaining to watch him get closer to playing his perfect 'copy & paste' strategy than to fool around with different strats that he believes are less than optimal. I like to pay attention to the nuances of his play.

Showmatches are really just extra content for the community, bringing together some of the top players from now and the past, and I believe most of the community recognizes that. I'm sure there will be no shortage of more great games to come in the near future.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 07:39:52 am »
Don't watch the games if you don't enjoy them FD. If you think you can do better than the players in the showmatch, feel free to prove it in the next FML season.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »
I can agree with most of the criticism
BUT
Since when did you join the goodbeast clan and say "tombing" instead of "toming"???

You are not sending the player to his tomb, you are using him as a tome of xp!

Offline FireDragon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: firedragon
  • Race: Random
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 06:43:08 pm »
Don't watch the games if you don't enjoy them FD. If you think you can do better than the players in the showmatch, feel free to prove it in the next FML season.

Apologies mr admin, but I have to point out that this is not a very intelligent thing to say. It is not possible to measure the quality of a replay until it is watched. I can go on, but that should finish this point very simply.

Also, certainly one can critique without being "better" than the participants (not saying I am better or worse). In fact criticism is usually done in the pursuit of making everyone better overall. Therefore your logic on "If you think you can do better, etc" is also bunk.

@ Renaud...  bah I made the epic mistake of spelling something wrong! This is definitely worth pointing out since we are all in middle school english class and are not here to discuss or focus on other things. Renaud you usually have much cooler things to say, (50% of the time).

But anyways, where is the useful information? The information you claim that I was lacking in my deleted post? I see no useful information.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:48:26 pm by FireDragon »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 10:10:50 pm »
ah! that makes sense