April 20, 2024, 05:15:11 am

Author Topic: FML Season 20 Showmatch Kickoff!  (Read 5145 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Season 20 Showmatch Kickoff!
« on: October 24, 2014, 02:00:07 pm »
:FMLN:

Well, we told you we’d be kicking of Season 20 in style and we weren’t lying.  We’ve got a great cast of players lined up

What: FML Showmatch

When: Saturday October 25th, 12EST/18CET

Where: The FFA Masters Twitch Stream

Map: Silverpine

:SP:

Who:

:Russia: :orc: Sk2Flash

Our Season 19 winner has returned to kick of Season 20 with us!  As the reigning champion Flash will have the chance to pull off back to back impressive wins.  While the stakes aren’t as high for this match, the competition is just as fierce.

The former Undead player has always been one of the best micro players in the game, but since taking up Orc he’s been one of the most consistent FFA players in FML.  Combining great micro with ever increasing macro and a growing FFA sense Flash looks to be one of the top players going forward.  If any of our other players hope to win Season 20, this match could be a preview for them of what they’ll have to face in the playoffs.

:Canada: :ne: Renaud

FML Season 12 winner, KoFFA I & II winner, and Season 19’s highest scorer (by 35 points).  This is just the tip of the iceberg for Renaud’s resume, and everyone who plays FFA is familiar with him.  Perpetually one of the top players in the scene, Renaud is feared for his ability to rebuild and stay in the game.  A player who isn’t dead until the defeat screen comes up, Renaud relies on his ability to improvise, keep calm, and adapt to whatever situation comes up.  The road to the Season 20 championship may very well run through him.

:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky

The immensely popular vampire is back!  Well at least for a match or two.  Undoubtedly one of the most successful FFA players of all time, Maga owns 3 FML championships.  On a hiatus from competitive FFA for the moment, Maga has agreed to come back and play at least one game.  Maybe if we ask nicely he’ll even come out of hiding more often!  With two Night Elves in the match, will Maga be too rusty to deal with Pandas, or will we remember just why the Elves feared him?

:USA: :ne: Nooblex

There’s an often used saying that applies perfectly here: “We’ve saved the best for last.”  While I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Blex is the best of this bunch, he’s certainly one of the best FFA players of all time.  Reinventing himself on the PlayFFA ladder Blex has been quietly practicing up and winning games.  Known for an incredible macro style of play, he’s often thought of as the mentor to Renaud’s style of play.

He hasn’t been seen in the FML scene for a while due to a lack of time, but hopefully this match will bring him back into the fold.  His guide to FFA is the most comprehensive guide anywhere out there, and helped to usher in an entire new generation of FFA players.  Hopefully his re-emergence into the scene will usher in an older generation of FFA players as well. 
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
Re: FML Season 20 Showmatch Kickoff!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »
//Manip Start
Blex, Maga: there is an ORC in the game
//Manip End

Can't wait to play again!  Let's all have fun!

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »
I think Blex and Maga are two players that definitely recognize the threat of orc :)

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »
No offense to flash, but 3 orc haters here so can't see him winning lol.

But it will be good practice for the season, once you are a champion (and especially an orc champion) people gun for you even more

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »
Maybe he will go undead :)

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 02:40:19 am »
Gooooooo Maga!!!

Offline FireDragon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: firedragon
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »
psh im getting trolled by an admin :) aboose of powah much?

Stop banning me and removing posts. You guys want all flowers & compliments but the truth hurts too much you have to remove it?

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »
Tbh I think critics are beneficial to the community, even if they are being rude and flaming. It gets people to think more and be passionate.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 11:41:22 pm »
What were those critics about, the showmatch?

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:30 am »
It was critic singular, fd. He just called Renaud and blex no skilled noobs. It wasn't exactly helpful criticism Im afraid haha.
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:19 am »
Sorry, FD, I delete spam posts. Criticism is fine. Flaming and blatant trolling is not.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »
No skilled noob? That is an opening for a fair discussion. Like is there something like a skilled noob? Or Nooblex, Renaud and FD are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Who dies?

FD of course because he did not hoard enough before.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 09:47:48 pm »
Nah, I would be the first to drown.
My boat would not have enough wood to support all my gold :(

Offline FireDragon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: firedragon
  • Race: Random
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:32 pm »
Apologies, but I just did not have enough time to "critique" every mistake, so I just sum it up with the all encompassing phrase "noob". :) But I will make an attempt to appease the admins with not merely "critical" statements but "useful criticism." If I wrote the previously deleted post how you would like, it would look like this:

This "showmatch" consisted of 2 elves (who lose heros to creeps and also elves who do not put wisps in mines, and also elves who just let an undead hit and run them, which is called by most gamers as tombing, which also needs defined maybe? My constructive criticism is to NOT do any of those things I listed.

The game also consisted of an orc which used bats, and we all are well aware of how that is free level 6 heros and then hexastomp GG. My constructive criticism here is to NOT allow an orc to mass gold and therefore bats which lead to free levels. Also just don't pick orc. Go randum!

Lastly the game consisted of the 1-strategy "pro" Magadansky who did his copy & paste strat without any repercussions like he does in 95% of his games. I cannot provide anything here other than if he is interested in being more entertaining, then maybe he could change his shit up every once and a while. How can it be fun to do the same thing each game?

OK once again, I am out of time but my last constructive criticism is to NOT label something a showmatch unless it contains players who do not make simple mistakes or use copy/paste strategies. This way, I (and the rest of the community) can enjoy a "showmatch" when they are posted. I love watching replays! They are fun to watch and motivate us all to play more and with different strategies.

Thank you so much for reading this post... my other post was only 3 sentences and we all certainly don't have better things to do with our time!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:48:02 pm by FireDragon »

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:33 pm »
Slam dunk criticism, FD #1

(up until he starts ciritcizing something I did which would be totally inappropriate)