March 29, 2024, 07:00:24 am

Author Topic: Semi-hard Predictions  (Read 1664 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
Semi-hard Predictions
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:01:28 am »
Hey all, hope you guys are enjoying the end of Summer (for those in the Northern hemisphere) as we are also approaching the end of the FML Season 19. The last week saw the official elimination of 5 more players (actually 6 if you count the revival of :USA: :ra: seksi, an opportunity he enjoyed for a whopping 5 minutes in M29 before being eliminated by ostone's retaliation wyvern rush).

:USA: :ud: Red7z7
:Germany: :ud: PwNu.WaN -- No show
:Chile: :hu: yaws -- No show
:USA: :ud: SteppinRazor -- No show
:Russia: :ud: qwest -- No show

Wow! Many of these players fought a grueling battle on the scheduling threads and unfortunately lost before their matches even took place. And with that, that spells the end for undeads in the season, bar   :orc: sk2flash playing the race he is actually reported playing :P. That's unfortunate, but we had some great matches nonetheless, even seeing a sub by former FML champ HTRT :). The results of those matches put :Canada: :ne: Renaud, :Germany: :orc: ostone, and :Russia: :orc: sk2flash at the top of the rankings and a gauranteed placement into the Season 19 final. That leaves one spot remaining, which the four players of the semifinal will vie for:

:USA: :ne: Mog[skynet]
:Switzerland: :hu: noexxx
:Denmark:  :ra: zTsoso
:Belarus: :ne: yaodintakoi

These four players have earned their place in this seasons single semi-final, by showing exemplary play throughout the season and winning at least 2 matches and having good use of this season's double score cards. Mog, with the highest points has map choice and has declared FML Emerald Shores as the map.

:ES:

I think this is a really exciting map choice as it is a very small map supportive of two 1v1s in the beginning. Two of the players -- Mog and zTsoso have already palyed eachother on this map earlier in the season, showing a very long 2.5 hour standoff along with Renaud, so it will be interesting to see how things change with these other players to mix things up.

:ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2: :ra2:

My predictions:

:Denmark:  :ra: zTsoso  :gold:

I think we will see zTsoso in this seasons finals. I feel as if he is one of the stronger  players here for a 1v1, which is important on this map. Mog was able to pull off a rebuild-and-win (as is often his fashion) the last time on this map, but in general I think this map is poor for that and I don't expect it to be repeated. I think yao has good chances here as he has shown great skill battle-wise throughout the season, but we will see if he can adapt to such a small map! Of course, noexxx also showed us strong timing-sense in his great push against Yaws as well, and we can't overlook the possibility of him laying low even if he is defeated. coming back for a 4th place win with hidden units :)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Semi-hard Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:11 am »
Nice write-up!! :D I think that 2.5hr standoff had more to do with the fact that renaud was in the game than anything else.

My vote is on moggert. :)

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:59:54 pm »

This is very hard to predict, but Mog has a huge advantage here simply in that he knows how to win these games and not crack under the pressure, so I will go with him.  Could be anyone's game though, and everyone listed is definitely worthy of playing in this finals.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:19:06 pm »
I think that 2.5hr standoff had more to do with the fact that renaud was in the game than anything else.

I was the one attacking both while they camped their main!