April 19, 2024, 04:47:28 pm

Author Topic: S19 R1 Predictions!!!  (Read 1858 times)

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
S19 R1 Predictions!!!
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:55 am »
Code: [Select]
M1:
:Belgium: :ne: MattiasG
:USA: :ud: SteppinRazor
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:USA: :orc: Ashalar

M2:
:Kazakhstan: :ud: DV-
:Germany: :ud: PwNu.Wan
:Russia: :ra: qwest
:Russia: :ra: AJIKAIII

M3:
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo
:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx
:Germany: :orc: Lightweight
:Peru: :ud: NoMercy2

M4:
:Russia: :ud: DNIWE-VOVA
:USA: :ra: Re-Chavez
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Germany: :orc: Ostone

M5:
:France: :ne: Meeds
:USA: :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK
:Belarus: :ne: yaodintakoi
:Germany: :hu: Yaws

M6:
:Denmark: :hu: zTsoso
:USA: :ud: Red7z7
:Russia: :orc: Ludix
:United_Kingdom: :ne: WarchiefRich

M7:
:Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Russia: :ra: Sk2Flash

M1:

Seems like it could be a nice game, but Renaud is the best here for sure

M2:

Wan is good but very aggressive and will probably go broke first, I think it will be between DV and qwest and qwest is good at manip and hoarding

M3:

LW #1

M4:

I think Ostone could win but seksi is definitely the favorite here

M5:
:Germany: :hu: Yaws Wrecktify

Yaws won't show, and I expect Wreck will get atleast 3 sub wins this season, this one being his first.  He will spam 8D so much that Duck will be unable to concentrate on his garg micro

M6:

Hopefully Rich goes beastmaster hunt rush vs ludix, otherwise it will be a fast GG

M7:

Probably the match of the round, mog and persuade are top players and if I remember correctly flash is very good as well.  pbm is kind of up and down, but should be able to hang in there as well.  I think persuade will pull off a tough win in the end.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:15:38 am by FML|Mage »

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: S19 R1 Predictions!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:22:33 am »
Edited your post to make copy pasting for others easier Steppin, sorry =D

M1:

Tough one here, a lot of good players but I feel like most are a little rusty at the moment.  I'm going to go with the FFL winner though!

M2:

This should be a very interesting game combining a lot of different play styles.  I like Wan in it, however I don't think he's played FFA since... well not really sure when.  DV on the other hand is in prime form, so I'm expecting him to take home an early win.

M3:

M4:
USA: :ra: Seksi

This is the game scheduling nightmares are made of...  That being said Seksi has been playing a lot and I expect his resurgence into FML to come quickly.

M5:

This is Yaws season, I'm calling it now.  Though Duck may be less inclined to let Yaws tank him with 100 food and 20k gold this season.

M6:

Collision of solo possibly?  I expect that this will be a great game though I pity soso and red should they have to face either Rich or Ludix early game.

M7:

I'm eagerly awaiting this match.  Mog is in good form right now, however Persuade seems to have his number.  Flash has always been a great micro player, and PBM has more experience than all of these players.  Will FML admins suicide again?  Probably, yeah.
Hi

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:01:49 am »
M1:

FFL scheduling champ will strike first blood here! Haven't seen Renaud play in a while, but he is still the favorite in my opinion. However, I see Steppin pushing Renaud too hard (due to Renaud's reputation of always having 35987k gold) and Mattias swooping up the victory.

M2:

I met him on ladder and he is pretty decent. DV and Wan will killl off qwest due to qwest's annoying playstyle and ajikaii will fly under the radar and win if he plays it right.

M3:

I'm not sure if LW is serious this season or not, but if he shows up to the match I think he will dominate. He is an incredibly talented player and can demolish his opponents when he wants to. Mentally...well he is a bit unstable  :icon_rolleyes:

M4:

Seksi has been p[racticing a lot and is in great form. Don't think the others can stand up to him.

M5:

Yaws had such an unlucky season last time around. I'm so happy to see him back! Don't know yao at all so I guess he is a bit of a wildcard.

M6:

Ludix will probably own every round this season and auto qualify for the finals again. Glad Warchiefrich is back even though some of his games were really frustrating to watch last season  :icon_lol:

M7:

Persuade really does have my number. Sometimes we chat.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »
COME ON PEOPLE I WANNA SEE SOME MORE PREDICTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 05:51:58 pm »
M1:

Renaud's most solid player here I think.

M2:

Don't really know these players much since I've been inactive for last 3 years, but I know wan is a solid solo player and hes not facing a top hu or orc so should be good for him.

M3:

The player I know here, is a veteran and I think the favorite.

M4:

Little bit of a guess on this one, but I suspect a strong old school solo player can do well here.

M5:

M6:

Duck used a swap card here, so I'm sure he has some intelligent reasons for doing so and increased incentive to win to make up for the -1 TB. There's a lot of solo talent here too so should be interesting.

M7:

Mog has the confidence from a big s18 win and he even said it himself, he wants to prove that it was not a fluke so I'm sure he's on top of his form prepping for this round.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:24:51 am »
Hi FML, glad to be back. 

M1:

I think SteppinRazor has a high ceiling as an FFA player, he has had strong games (particularly with Orc that I remember recently) and some not-so-strong games.  I think he will be my candidate for "Most Improved" after a strong showing this season.  His competition is no joke here, though I haven't seen Renaud or Ashalar play much.  I don't know a lot about MattiasG though he won FFL so has the momentum in his favor. 

M2:

DV- has steadily improved and honed his craft since entering the FFA scene.  He has good micro, good macro, and effective manipulation.  I can't see WaN winning here with these three players.  Qwest, while I haven't seen him play recently, has improved I hear into a nice form.  AJIKAIII is a frequent stream viewer and I've played versus him a number of times, he still is learning the basics of FFA (though he has adapted the russian style of manipulation quick...)

M3:

I appreciate that Lightweight signed up for this season  :icon_smile:.  Spontaneous, crazy, and skilled I have always viewed him as some of the best competition.  NoMercy and Supremo will have a tough time fighting against him, but left to their own they are capable of establishing late game position.  Noexxx (if I am not mixing him up with another player of similar name) has good micro and sufficient macro and could put up a good game himself. 

M4:

M5:

Match-swapped game.  Yaws will have to learn from his mistake and finish his opponents to prevent late game teaming.  The others will have to play strong and smart games to win here.  Players can't be afraid of rushing strong micro players, in doing so you play passive and give them the advantage.  Especially against Human or Orc, don't hesitate to prepare a strong 80 or 100 food army and attack them before their researches/upgrades are complete. 

M6:

Match-swapped game.  I assume Duck swapped to get away from Yaws after last seasons game... but jumped right into Ludix and Rich.  On one hand he gets to play Ludix and Rich in the same game (preventing him from matching them again, right?) but this game should be very good.  Look for zTsoso to make his name in the scene with a nice game that goes under the radar with this stacked cast. 

M7:

Mog is officially the "Most Improved" in my eyes.  His FFA sense is top level, knowledge of the game almost there but most importantly his micro has improved and impressed me of late.  I don't think he will be overlooked so much this season.  Pinballmap understands FFA and can play well.  He must take the opportunities he has and go 100 food to gain levels and position.  I recall a time against Persuade and others where he had the gold lead but failed to go 100 food (losing 80 vs 80) and eventually his advantage.  Sk2Flash is a nice player, in my opinion one of the very best Russian players AND doesn't play like a stereotypical Russian player.  Respect!  Persuade is another one of the players I see as major competition, one of the best..  Tough one here... I'll go with sk2flash to splash the scene with a win. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:27:06 am by Seksi »