March 28, 2024, 05:04:24 am

Author Topic: SEASON RECAP PLUS PREDICTIONS!  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
SEASON RECAP PLUS PREDICTIONS!
« on: May 06, 2014, 11:28:52 am »
Season 18 was one for the record books!  We had, by my count, the most solo prosus - :ne: WCR, :hu: Yaws and :orc: Ludix, and all did pretty well, with Ludix making the finals.  WCR has the furthest to go in terms of being competitive at this level, as he is basically Renaud with micro at this point, but he shows promise.  Yaws probably should be in the finals, but awful players enjoyed beating him up 2v1 and his gold management allowed it.  Ludix is orc, so he will probably win the next 10 seasons.

We also had some k00l new blood.  :undead: DV- is my favorite undead player in the league, and the fact that hes undead means that hes probably doomed to obscurity so here is his 15 minutes of fame.  :orc: Ostone is a generic bat masser, but he wins so I guess I cant bash him too much.  And :undead: Yane*, while not new, has made a nice return to the scene.

We also saw oh-so-many fan favorites/FFA lifers fall from grace to the Daselend-purgatory.  :undead: Magadansky started the season with (2) last place finishes in the past 8 seasons.  He finished with (5).  Sadface.  :hu: Humanstar also looks like hes down for the count.  How the mighty have fallen.   I feel like theres someone else.  Maybe LW?  Hes not even in the league.  Bummer.

Edit: Also a big shout out to Worpex and Mage who keep the league alive, Renaud who (supposedly) does coding for the site, and PBM who occasionally does admin work.   :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:

Semifinals Predictions:

SF1
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Russia: :hu: TheGreatWall
:Finland: :ne: j33

Map: Harvest of Sorrows

Mog should probably pick Harvest, cause its a good elf map.  Twilight is way too wide open, and he leaves himself open to being tanked by TGW (and Pers if he goes Hu).  Speaking of which Pers will probably play Orc, but will lose.  He should play undead.  TGW is a pickle of a player - he sometimes seems epic, sometimes seems ridiculously pedestrian.  Ironically he seems to win the worse he plays.  Maybe he can drink some vodka with his commie friends and play poorly. People always play well in playoffs though, so he will lose.

Ultimately I think that it will come down to an elf vs elf showdown.  Moogledansky vs. Bizarro Wrecktify.  Unfortunatley J33 has good thunder on this map, as he won a finals here before. I be he will do the same.

J33 advances!

SF2
:USA: :ra: Yane
:Germany: :orc: Ostone
:Canada: :ne: FML|Renaud
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66

Map: Twisted Meadows or Silverpine

Yane should probably pick a smaller map that benefits aggressive play/creeping.   He's definitely played well this season, and plays about 40 games a day on playffa, but will it be enough!?  Whatever map he picks will be conducive to two fast 1v1s.  Unfortunately he is undead, which stinks at finishing people off, so Renaud will probably finish off Tyrant before Yane can finish Ostone.  Itll become a 2v1 vs Yane, and Ostone will backstab at just the right time leaving Renaud screaming "Mon dieu!" at his monitor.  Ostone cleans up, and suddenlythe finals are looking very orky.

Ostone advances!

*Editors note: I still don't belive thats the real Yane.  Totally a fake.  Totally.  Possibly Persuade on VPN.  Notice how they arent in the same match!?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:42:16 am by Wrecktify »

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: SEASON RECAP PLUS PREDICTIONS!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:59:28 am »
If I was yane I would have made a cooler name, like DarkLameMaster.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 02:05:27 pm »
Epic predictions Wreck!

i don't feel like going crazy with write-ups but here is my predictions:

SF1: J33 Wins
SF2: Yane Wins

We'll see though!

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:51:53 pm »
Wreck will win the finals 8D gl

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 07:33:20 pm »
Semifinals Predictions:

SF1
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Russia: :hu: TheGreatWall
:Finland: :ne: j33

Could be anyone's game really.  I think persuade should pick orc because he always loses when he randoms human.  Not sure what to expect exactly, but with 4 strong players on a map with lots of gold it should be a longer game that will come down to a close ending.  I really hope GW builds the GREATWALL OF TOWERS diagonally across the map for the lolz

SF2
:USA: :ra: Yane
:Germany: :orc: Ostone
:Canada: :ne: FML|Renaud
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66

Yane or Renaud will win I am almost certain, I think whoever of the two is pressured less.  I am betting ostone gets rushed out and tyrant overmanips and get killed/suicided for being too talkative.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38:05 am »
Hoping the semis will be streamed and the streams will work properly ;) .

I got my favourites for both games, but i won´t reveal them.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 11:49:24 am »
If im available when its played and nb can stream I will try to