April 24, 2024, 04:11:41 pm

Author Topic: Week 5 Predictions  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Week 5 Predictions
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:56 pm »
Code: [Select]
[b]M21[/b]
:Russia: :ra: TheGreatWall
:Russia: :orc: Ostone
:Germany: :ne: fAil.Life
:Kazakhstan: :ud: DV-

[b]M22[/b]
:Finland: :ne: J33
:USA: :ra: Ashalar
:USA: :ne: Wrecktify
:USA: :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK

[b]M23[/b]
:United_Kingdom: :ne: WarchiefRich
:Russia: :orc: Ludix
:Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
:Germany: :hu: Humans7ar

[b]M24[/b]
:Hungaria: :ne: Tyrant66
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:USA: :ud: Yane
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]

[b]M25[/b]
:France: :hu: Jey_s_tears
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Germany: :hu: yAwS

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
Re: Week 5 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »
M21

USSR vs Germany.  Fail Life will probably go solo DH with 6x claws and solo out DV, which makes me sad cause I like DV now.  Ostone will mass bats because I am not sure he knows how to do anything else.  Great Wall will build 800 towers, and possible take one of the corners as well, and win.  Because this is a very Russian map, and DV seems to idolize him.

M22

This is a classic Duck situation if there ever was one.  I do think Duck will somehow engineer J33 dying first, since j33 getting 5 points helps all three players tremendously.  Ashalar is probably more inclined to team with Duck than me, and Ashalar has playing incredibly well this season, whereas I suck so I will die to the 2v1 pretty easily.  Duck will struggle vs Ashalar, because his UvU is unbelievably bad for someone who is otherwise pretty good, but will pull it through.
M23

I think we can all agree this is the matchup weve been waiting for.  I doubt WCR will fear Ludix, as WCR is like S-class vs Ludix's A class, but he will still try to solo him out.  Ludix will cry for help, and PBM/Humie will recognize the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and save him from WCR.  Ludix will fly under the rader while the Germans battle the terror across the channel, then come storming back once they've all wasted their resources on one another.

M24

I think this is the most position-dependent matchup this week.  All the players are pretty similar in skill though id give teh edge to Pers.  Senor Moogle blames me for his loss (#hate the player, not the dotts)  Yane plays 27 games a day, so he should be strong.  Tyrant is too passive for my taste.  In the end Mog will have mass hippos and lose, Yane will be cursing the fact he picked undead, Tyrant may be AFK when he gets based, and pers will come out on top!

M25

Maga will rush out Jeys, cause if Jeys doesnt 4th then Maga doesnt advance.  Renaud will fight Yaws bravely.  Then lose horribly, but not before crippling Yaws' economy.  Maga will swoop in, clean up, and advance to semis.

DV-

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:11:41 pm »
Wreck wins his game and wins final game. The end.

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:07:33 am »
M21

This is pretty much a must win scenario for DV, and could be for GW as well, depending on how M18 plays out. Ostone might pull out a win here, but I think he might get rushed early. Fali.Life is definitely the wildcard. I think he is the only player with no chance of making the semi-finals, so will be interesting to see how he plays.

M22

This will be a really intense game, but to me, Wrecktify has been the best player so far this season, and I expect to see him getting a direct seed into the finals. All 3 other players are in need of points, so this should be one of the best games of the round!

M23

He needs a win here, and I expect him to come through. One of the best hu FFA players of all time, it seems weird to think of him not making the semi-finals. That said, Ludix is on fire this season, and is practicing hard too, so would be no surprise here if he wins.

M24

As already pointed out, this is a very interesting game from a playoff seeding perspective. GL HF everyone  :icon_mrgreen:

M25

Same as Hustar above, but even more so, I can't picture a world where Maga doesn't grab a single win in an entire season. Must win scenario for him and the best UD FFA player of all time will come through!

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »
M21

I think this map favors those with good micro and quick thinking.  I'll take GreatWall even though his opponents are formidable.

M22

Brains and Brawn.  He's so sexy.   

M23

Looking for Humans7ar's fast 100 food, 1v3 mass TP 30 min win (like last time) :)

M24

I predict a battle of the titans between Persuade and Yane while Mog plays smart and waits to seize his opportunity.  The dirty night elf way.  I don't know too much about Tyrant. 

M25

I look for Magadansky to make a statement why he still deserves to be amongst the most feared. 

Should be some great games, gl hf!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:10:22 pm by Seksi »

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 01:18:29 pm »
M21

I think GW wins this, hes probably the best overall player here but honestly I could see any of the 4 winning if played correctly.  Really hard game to predict.

M22

Duck has always admitted that hes bad against elf, and theres really no where for him to run against two of them.  I think wreck or j33 will win, and I have to give the advantage to wreck because he has been extremely strong this season.

M23

Rich's position could mean a lot based on who will win, but I think that unless he solos out ludix early that ludix will pull it off.  Humi is always a threat, though he seems out of shape right now and pbm always plays too passive

M24

Yane is in the best shape here, and I think if he plays undead he wont get teamed too hard unless he is dominating hard early.  Mog and Persuade are both ffa vets who are always as tough as opponents as it gets, but I have confidence in Yane this game.  I dont think tyrant has a chance with his manip style of play against 3 top players

M25

Arguably the best ffa player of all time having by far his worst season... WRONG.  Clearly, maga has been playing bad lately so that he can fly under the radar and grab the bottom seed spot for making the playoffs and then roll his way to seaon 18 champ.  maga #1
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:21:29 pm by SteppinRazor »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »
ROUND 2 - :icon_idea:

M21

The Great Wall will fall or should I say fail, his comrade from Russia soon to impale.  The story of gold mined with no where to store at, in comes DV- from Kazakhstan - aka Borat.  When all's said and done and the victor arise, its Ostone the from the horde, what an Orcish surprise!

M22

PLZ, Leave, Duck before I throw a hockey puck and Wrecktify your eye into Ashes.  Similar to Bruce Lee, as the ninja elf J33 comes and passes.  As gargoyles roam the new home in the Forest, Silverpine beasts lay dormant in chorus.  Don't check-or-conceive, Mr Wreck-or-believe, a game with no bats or tanks?? Tis' Christmas Eve!   

M23

WarchiefRich or WCR you can't do this, mixin' up the game with that Russian man Ludix.  Just like Fedor he shall fight till the end - until a s7ar of humans strikes down to defend.  PLaying the game of Warcraft is just like a dream, or rather confusing like a Pinball Machine.  In the end swords are drawn and buildings of stone, but in comes the noobelf from the United King-Throne. 

M24

Final Fantasy 3, the greatest of games, makes us believe in Magic like we did David Blaine.  But what once was tamed is now just unleashed, The old school player Yane transformed into Beast.  As children will play with colors so vibrant, a deep dark soul enters the game as a Tyrant.  A wade through the field reveals vision in the night, Persuade patiently waiting for his opportunity to strike.

M25

Ah the best for last, the sweetest of tastes.  Bloody fangs drip tears of a vampire's face.  Re-nawd or 'Re-know' with some elegant French, but the man from Francais does a helluva dance. All for one, and one for the cause, laying laws and breaking jaws its that man they call Yaws.  But in the end of night, when only one lay awake, its the call of vampire - and the death of the drake. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:39:07 pm by Seksi »

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 02:01:40 pm »
did Seksi make 2 different predictions?

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »
If seksi spent half the time he uses making rap and complaining about Ugri's punishments on oh, say, scheduling his matches, hed still be in FML.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:37:06 am »
If seksi spent half the time he uses making rap and complaining about Ugri's punishments on oh, say, scheduling his matches, hed still be in FML.

Is this your subtle compliment? =D

Did I one-up your usually-unrivaled predictions?  :icon_wink: JK wreck, show the love, show the love!

I have more crap than one could ever imagine in my real life these days.  I couldn't commit to regular scheduling, but I hope to come back soon!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:46:36 am by Seksi »