April 23, 2024, 08:08:20 pm

Author Topic: S10 Concludes!  (Read 3503 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
S10 Concludes!
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:15 pm »
 :FMLMH:

First of all, I want to give a big thanks to everyone who played in FML this season! It truly has been one of the best seasons we've ever had and we have you all to thank for that! The players and spectators is what makes FML so great, and without such a great community, their would never be a league.

Now, I wrote up a nice description for the finals game, so I intend to use:

An epic cast going into this match between the top four FFA players in the league. The beginning of the game started out fairly standard with two 1v1's and some creeping. It wasn't until towards the end of the game when the first player fell that the game turns into a nail biter!

Begin the infamous 3 way: a constant struggle to keep each player in check by teaming the strongest player at the time. Each of the three players get their turn at facing two armies, but in the end, the game whittled down into a hero arena and base race. The game winner nearly avoids an explosion and clinches the victory in the very last moments!

Finals
:Austria: :orc: DasElend
:Canada: :hu: htrt
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Germany: :hu: Humans7ar

Download

(click to show/hide)

Bring on Season 11!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: S10 Concludes!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »
Guess what Race/Country won the last two FML Event?

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »
Super surrounded orc gets super owned by 2 different hums. I call this racism.

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:37:58 am »
daselend spawns surrounded by htrt & maga.  that was lollalicious but INCREDIBLY randumb unfair.  sorry, daselend! 

rsm

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:13:51 am »
Do players not get the concept of picking 4 player maps will guarantee a fair spawn and give the best players the better chances of winning despite who the map favors...

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »
Position luck is a part of FFA, whether you have shitty or good position you have to adapt your strategy to deal with it.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 01:54:19 pm »
yeah,
Do players not get the concept of picking 4 player maps will guarantee a fair spawn and give the best players the better chances of winning despite who the map favors...

yeah but this is FFA. one of the greatest parts of it is that its not always 100% fair and good players might have to beat the odds to win

Offline daselend

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DasElend
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »
Actually, there just aren't that many great 4 player maps, especially for Orc. Perhaps Deathrose would've been a better choice.

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »
Great finals! I think you have to accept that in FFA the 'best' player doesn't necessarily win (though in this final I think the better player won) and there is a lot of luck and manipulation and all that jazz. To enjoy it you need a different mindset than you would have for, say, 1v1.

I've also said this before, but this league was very well run with some great and dedicated admins and I look forward to the next season =)

As far as spawns go, I think random spawns add a lot to the flavour of FFA, but I wouldn't be against having fixed (fair) spawns for competitive matches.

Ugrilainen

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:54:17 pm »
Great finals! I think you have to accept that in FFA the 'best' player doesn't necessarily win (though in this final I think the better player won) and there is a lot of luck and manipulation and all that jazz. To enjoy it you need a different mindset than you would have for, say, 1v1.

I've also said this before, but this league was very well run with some great and dedicated admins and I look forward to the next season =)

As far as spawns go, I think random spawns add a lot to the flavour of FFA, but I wouldn't be against having fixed (fair) spawns for competitive matches.

thks for the compliments.

I agreed with you before about the spawn as much as I remade all the ffa maps with balanced postitions (Murghul oasis...). The consequences were not that great. Sure it was more fair but it made the games soo boring : everyone was doing the same hoarding, no action before the 30 mn mark, no need to rush anyone...

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 08:18:36 pm »

Thanks Starshaped! That means a lot coming from you, I was actually a bit worried that you didn't enjoy the season all that much. You had a rough season, but I think you easily have the skill to be a top player!

And yeah, I agree with Ugri about the balanced position maps. We used to have a balanced Twilight Ruins in FML for a few seasons, but one season people complained about it being boring and it was removed. Never got added back in after that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:34:29 pm by FML|WorpeX »