April 28, 2024, 03:59:28 pm

Author Topic: Round 1 Predictions  (Read 2735 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Round 1 Predictions
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:32:53 am »
Code: [Select]
M1
:Finland: :ne: J33
:Russia: :ra: TheGreatWall
:United_Kingdom: :ne: WarchiefRich
:France: :hu: Jey_s_tears

M2
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:Russia: :orc: Ostone
:Russia: :orc: Ludix
:Canada: :ne: Renaud

M3
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Hungaria: :ne: Tyrant66
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Germany: :ne: fAil.Life

M4
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
:Sweden: :hu: Brainman
:Germany: :hu: Humans7ar

M5
:USA: :ne: Wrecktify
:Russia: :ud: DV-
:USA: :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK
:Germany: :hu: yAwS

Offline Meeds

• FML Bets Season 2 Winner
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
  • B.net Account: Meeds.
  • Coins: 20
  • Race: Human
Re: Round 1 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:24:16 am »
M1

:United_Kingdom: :ne: WarchiefRich He doesn't have the best ffa sens here, but with some luck and thanks to his great micro he will win this. His win in qualification was not that bad.

M2

:Russia: :orc: Ludix Just Top #1 player for me in this season, he is orc, he is epic solo micro player, he understands ffa very well and can now handle even a hard teaming.

M3

:USA: :ra: Seksi he wins because he is sexy ?

M4

:USA: :ra: Persuade will just persuade them to leave

M5

:Germany: :hu: yAwS attacks duck and kills him, Wrecktify attack DV- meanwhile and kills him, the game ends with a 1v1, and yAwS wins because he is yaws.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:28 am »
M1

Pretty good matchup for WCR.  None of the players, even with a 100 food army, can beat him.  If G-Train gets his typical gold advantage and tomes someone (not sure who - I dont think he can tome TGW or Jeys) then he might have a shot.   I'd say TGW has an outside shot with 10000 towers and some hardcore macro.

OFC what will actually happen is WCR will get 3v1ed and J33 will win.

M2

Ludix has Maga skills and Maga's cloak of invisibility.  I expect Renaud to be everyone's focus due to gold, even when Ludix's 1200hp, 400 damage crit blademaster is running amok.  Ostone is Russian, so I suspect he will be the KGB to Ludix's Putin.  And Mog will almost certainly go tinker, which will be somewhere between worthless and garbage vs two skilled orcs.

Mog
M3

Fail is one of those bad players who wins somehow.  Speaking as one of those players I know how to recognize a comrade in arms.  Seksi will almost certainly solo Maga, as he does every game they share.  Tyrant lost a 6 from his name, as as such no longer chanels the dark forces of Satan, so clearly he has 0% chance of winning.

M4

He always seems to have 5K more than he should, and people always fall for his manip. 

M5

Last time I faced Duck in a first playweek he won, so why not now? Also I think DV- is suiciding me for calling him Squid.  Lul.

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:51 pm »
M1

Warchief will be motivated in his first game and the cast favours him a little, i see him in front in a mirror with j33 and with some good macro by himself he could be able to beat the macro players "towerwall" and jey.

M2

Orc map, and Ludix wont show mercy in the opener game. He could be steam rolling through them here. Elf players will need a good macro, but need to be aware that being caught by ludix with a supply disadvantage could already mean the end, mass gold wont help here. Should consider to rush Ludix if he is close (like htrt did vs daselend in a final).

M3

He has beaten me, so he is the best player in the league. Does he have the experience to compete with Maga and Seksi? Sure, he has beaten me. Does he have the micro/macro? Sure, he has beaten me.

M4

Its his map and he often ignores emotions and chat so i see him in front since whoever hits brainman first is going to lose and get 2v1 until the end. Better dont start shit with Brainman, he doesnt forgive. But be aware, he likes rushing players, so does humanstar. Pinballmap will have a tough time here unless he plays a bit more agressive. If he lets them come to him, tanks will end it. And Persuade? Well, he is still taking a sun bath in his old achievements, but the hungry wolve clan will kick him of his throne.

M5

Duck cant win against two humans with tanks unless he takes one out early. Wreck has more experience in 3way situations than yaws, so although microwise yaws will have the advantage over wreck he is going to lose the 1v1 due to better decisions by wreck. It will all depend on the first 20 minutes here. DV has outsider chances here, he needs to be aware about duck maybe rushing him to get exp for fighting the two humans. I wouldnt stay 50 for very long in this one. Duck is weak to rushes and early push, so you should consider that unless u want him to have 25 k, a huge base and manipping while sitting in his main for hours.

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:33:48 pm »
M1

:Finland: :ne:                             J33

Warchief will play agressive and 1v1 someone who will die after that 2vs1 against warchief and j33 will win in the end

M2

:Russia: :orc:           Ludix

whoever will meet this monster going down... but mog and renaud are skneaky enough to beat that monster or..??

M3

:Bulgaria: :ud:              Magadansky

two hoard/macro-masters vs two skill/micro players not easy to say who will win gold or micro?? normally gold win always... except vs maga ;-)

M4

:USA: :ra:                      Persuade

Persuade > Brainman > Humans7ar > Pinballmap
Pinballmap win rate will be higher if he kick persuade's ass ;-)
GL HF guys

M5

:USA: :ne:                     Wrecktify

dv- is underdog... "human is free food for me" show that...duck and yaws will suicide eachother... wreck will tome dv-... freewin for wreck

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:11:05 pm »
M1

j33 is the ultimate underdog.  Underestimated most games, plus he has clever tricks... TheGreatWall will play a solid game but not sure if his skills have translated to FML style games yet.  WCR looking forward to see how much effort he has put into learning FFA.  Jey, hoping to see a humans7ar like performance on this map! (Humans7ar, to me is the standard for human play on this map). 

M2

Going with an upset here, Ludix will put a major dent in someone's plans but I don't see him winning against two macro-elves.  Renaud can't hide away forever, I think Mog will play his role in this game and win in the end.  Not sure about Ostone, and maybe Reno will pull out a virtuoso performance and show why he's still a top player. TBD

M3

I will no longer challenge the best player early and often (means no Solo, Wreck), overall I am over any feuds with other players - I have respect for those skilled players - and enjoy competing.  This season should be a lot of fun.  Fail.Life I think will play a good game here, not sure who Tyrant is exactly.  Maga is very good on this map (Twilight and Market) because he can creep his heroes near 5/4/3 and establish himself well.  I like this map too - We'll see how it goes!

M4

Sick game! I'm looking forward to this one.  I have a soft spot for my fellow randomer Persuade (and Brainman), but I'll have to go with note above.  Humans7ar for the win on Twilight.  PBM, tough one for you but you understand these players and FFA in general. 

M5

Wreck does a great creep route on this map and is the most experienced FFA player by far here.  Duck and Yaws are micro machines - DUck is more adapted for FFA and Yaws still learning... DV- i'm not sure about.  I will take Wreck here in one of the quicker matches of the round. 

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:26:20 pm »
alright god damn it.  WCR = WCRepalys.  Rich needs a new nickname!  No copying wreck.
Hi

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:07 pm »
trendsetter

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »
I agree every time I see wcr I say Warcraft replays. Should just call him rich

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 04:31:12 pm »
I like WCR

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 02:51:17 am »
What about Tommy? (cause he's :United_Kingdom:)

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
M1

I think j33 or jeys will win since both are quite passive most of the time and know how to wait while others (Rich) attack until they are broke.  I expect GreatWall will not be prepared to deal with these kinds of players in his first FML league game.  Going with the S17 champ to start S18 with a strong game.

M2

I think that unless Ludix is teamed pretty early that he will pull this one out.  I think he will know to pressure renaud early.  Ostone has definitely impressed, but Ludix has the FFA experience over him and by far the best micro here, so I just cant see him losing unless something crazy happens.

M3

I rarely see games with two FFA legends (maga and seksi) where one of them actually wins... That being said, this will be a great game I think but if maga and seksi are at all close to one another they are going to go all out on eachother I think.  I dont know anything about Tyrant, but I know fail life is good so I think he can win in this crazy game.

M4
:Sweden: :hu: Brainman Yane

I'm quite certain Brainman isnt even aware that he is in FML.  I expect he will randomly show up in a few rounds and ask the admins if he can sub in the finals or something... That being said, I think this will be the best match of Round 1, all great and experienced players here.  I also think Yane will sub and win, channeling the powers of his korean friend on the bot by killing everyone.

M5

Wreck should be able to pull this one off, I think only if he is close to yaws will he have any problems.  Duck and DV are both great players too, but I think wreck is the smartest player here and he will still have money when everyone else is broke.