April 27, 2024, 12:15:30 pm

Author Topic: S10 finalist interview: Magadansky  (Read 2396 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
S10 finalist interview: Magadansky
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
As we approach the long-awaited season finale, our four finalists have taken the time to give the community a real treat: a series of interviews! Next up: Magadansky, the legendary undead master.

Hello congratulations on making it into the FML season 10 finals. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Like where are you from, how old are you,what do you study or what do you do as a job, etc?
Hi, my name is Simeon and I am from Bulgaria. I am 23 years old, and currently studying European Studies in Aalborg University (Denmark) for a masters degree. I will stay in Denmark for at least an year.

When did you start playing FFA, and what is your favorite part of FFA?
I've always like playing occasionally ffa, even when I was very active as a solo player. But back then I was more playing it like solo rather than ffa. Then, when the Bulgarian scene started to die and I got tired of solo, I decided to play more ffa and I choose my weakest race back then - the undead. I reached rank 5 or something and then some people from the ffa community started to ask me if I want to join FML (hence how I discovered the league). Since season 6 already was underway I could only replace players as a sub. My first FML game was on Gold Rush vs some of the best players out there. It was also my first win.

I love playing ffa mainly because it has many different elements, not only micro like in solo. You have to be thinking for the whole picture, sometimes you need to be diplomatic or manipulative, not aggressive etc. I can say that I've been involved in many fun games.

What do you consider to be the best spell in FFA, and why?
The best spell in ffa is stomp. The reason why is because it has ridiculous range and stuns for way too much. Combined with the rest of orc's arsenal it turns out deadly.

To give us some insight into your success so far, could you tell us how you prepare for your FML matches, if at all? Do you research your opponents, come up with special plans according to the map and races, etc?
My preparation is mostly theoretical. I consider the opponents I am facing and play accordingly. Sometimes being very aggressive works out, sometimes it may lead to early defeat. The map also has importance, especially in the early stages when you have to creep fast or break surround. Such kind of preparation is, in my opinion, vital for the success.

Is there anything you’re particularly afraid of or anything you are hoping to see in the final match?
I can't say I am afraid of anyone or anything, I've played everyone more or less. The cast for the final is very tough and I certainly don't agree that Humans7ar for example is an underdog. He played solidly so far and I believe he has a chance just as high as the rest of us. It is going to be awesome match!

Any final words or advice to say to the community or your opponents before going into your final match?
Thanks to everyone who is watching/playing/enjoying ffa since this is what this community is built on. FFA shall never die!

Thank you for your time and good luck in the final!

Lightweight!

Re: S10 finalist interview: Magadansky
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
Is there anything you’re particularly afraid of or anything you are hoping to see in the final match?
I can't say I am afraid of anyone or anything,

Not true, theres something out there you fear in wc3  :icon_twisted:, joking.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:51:23 pm »
He lies! He's afraid of stomp!

Undead power!

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:10:23 pm »
My first FML game was on Gold Rush vs some of the best players out there. It was also my first win.
I don't remember playing you in the qualifier. Therefore you weren't playing the best players.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:28:00 pm »
My first FML game was on Gold Rush vs some of the best players out there. It was also my first win.
I don't remember playing you in the qualifier. Therefore you weren't playing the best players.

q-VeTA