April 29, 2024, 06:17:29 am

Author Topic: Ebo sad :(  (Read 8287 times)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Ebo sad :(
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:37:15 pm »
Few things... I think I'm done with FFA for awhile. The impression I'm getting is that I'm just not wanted around the community. My playstyle or my general attitude, I don't know.

I'm not withdrawing my app from FML, but I will only play if admins want me to play. If my participation is specifically not wanted, I won't burden you guys or the community with my presence. It's just lots of negative energy.

Another thing - one of my favorite top ffaers, duck really fucking disappointed me last night. The suicide was deserved, and I know it was emo of me to scream preteam. But pausing the game and sending screenshot over skype to his friend sniq is just a new low. I mean, if screenshots are ok, is inviting another player to your stream of the game is also ok? Ugri apparently thinks this is ok. Am I crazy if I think it's not ok?

My manipulation is a strategy. It may be lie or truth. Sniq should be smart enough himself to figure that out. Duck completely countering it by sending a screenshot of his screen is just not right. I don't want to bring any drama from ffacup to fml, but I do hope you guys take notice of this and make a rule that no screenshots or streams can be shared during the game... this is just wide open to abuse with how powerful streaming is.

With all that said I still have mad respect for duck, just disappointed at the moment.

Anyways, I'll be around, just not playing for awhile (and no, not planning to pull a lw. I will play in fml if I'm invited, but not making a come back to ladder).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:39:08 pm by rygorych »

DV-

Re: Ebo sad :(
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:41:12 pm »
This guy is still pretending he doesnt understand Duck didnt send this stupid screenshot. Lol.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:44:54 pm »
Sniq was going for his base, about to give me a win, after the pause, he stopped and said he will take me down now.

And this is besides the point. I said I don't want to bring this drama to fml. My only concern is that people start doing this in fml.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »
Who did what with screenshots?

As a former admin I am asking you to play.  #Oldschoolers4lyfe

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »
wtf are you doing, trying to oppose playFFA and FML over your situation? Why do you bring that matter here? Did FML tell you at anytime that your application were rejected? I think not, so you know it is not.

Trying to get FML admin enter the drama you created on your two games and say that you are a good boy, and we are bad admins?

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »
Wait was Ebony-Goddess banned from playFFA?

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:51:43 pm »
This guy is still pretending he doesnt understand Duck didnt send this stupid screenshot. Lol.

I actually am pretty sure Duck did send the screenshot.  That being said, we are leaving PlayFFA cup drama on PlayFFA.net.  I will just say I think it was a fantastically run tournament, and I think that's what the lasting image of it will be.  If anyone tries to start some drama regarding it here I won't hesitate to delete posts etc.

As to your original message Ebo I can only speak for myself and not for the admin team.  However I will say that we certainly aren't going to say you can't play, however I don't think anyone is going to beg you to play either.  That's certainly not my style (as I'm sure you've noticed I'm very blunt and straight forward).  I think if you maintain your current playstyle you will continue to get a good amount of negative attitude towards it.  That's just the feelings your play brings about.  If this doesn't bother you then you should do what you want to.  If it will really bother you then you might be best not playing just to avoid hard feelings. 

The only thing I will ask is that you don't join, make the season, and then leave halfway through for some reason.
Hi

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »
(Ebo is not banned from playFFA, he is just planting seeds of drama everywhere he can. 2 games yesterday were not enough)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »
Ugri, not at all.

I only ask that FML admins are aware of the new "strategy" of sharing screenshots and streams. If they are ok with it, they are ok with it. Personally I would hate if this strategy was accepted in FML.

Wreck, no I'm not banned, apparently I caused lots of trouble by being me and at this point I don't want to continue.

Mage, thanks, like I said if you guys are cool with me then I'll play. If you hate me and think I cause damage to the league, then just tell me and I'll withdraw my app.

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 06:15:11 pm »
Ebo is a drama-queen and just came here for the attention. The tournament was running peacefully until his games started. Not sure if the russian community will forgive that faux-pas game with Hawk.

Im a bit disappointed by Ugri who didnt try to prevent drama and pushed people into raging comments on the chatbox instead. Searcher, Persuade and the others did well though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:19:34 pm by Lightweight »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:46 pm »
Duck was manipping. He used the "stop attack I will send SS for proof that I am weak" strategy before. He didn't send it last time and I doubt he sent it this time, though I have no proof.

Here is a good way to counter that: unpause and attack him.

I'm not saying that we support sending SS's, it has yet to happen in FML and the admins haven't made a decision regarding said situation.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:21 pm »
Fair enough, as long as you guys are aware of it, I'm fine.

I'm 99% certain he did send it in this game though, sniq was going to attack him, after the pause he said he will hit me instead and hit me.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Race: Random
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:29:24 am »
Ebo I think you are a fine player, the people who flame you just hate the manip.  I understand its place in FFA, though IMO the best manippers are the players who generally talk less and seem more "relaxed" about it rather than just shouting orders all game.  Maga, for example, does a great job of this. 

Either way, the only mad people I read where some flaming russians who were mad about the hawk game - and anyone with FFA understanding can understand why he was teamed so hard. 

Offline rsm!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:17 am »
Few things, 1) I did send sniq a screenshot (I believe it was Louis who did it in one of my games a few years ago, so I figured it was not banned). My rationale is I could have easily started cannibalize, disease cloud, freezing breath, burrow, backpack, temple upgrades and then queued over 10k worth of units, and show the same foodcount, but with 0 gold. Only cheating thing I could see screenshots being banned for would be proving you arent hiding air units in a corner, which is scoutable anyway.

As for preteam, I would never have made him my initial 1v1, other than that it was fair game. This game his heroes sucked, and last playffa final I barely 1v2'ed a orc on this map, so I needed to team you to death and then hope sniq didnt notice my 6k mine, which did not pan out. I knew sniq had money from my top gold mine, and you would not give me a gold count, so I would have never known when to stab.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 11:16:31 am »
Duck, you could have also queued 16 dragons in boneyards and this would also drop all your gold for the screenshot.

Anyways, I know I lost due to 1) not zerging you down with all my gold and dealing with sniq 1v1 2) when i tried to manip i took it too far and got you to suicide me. It's cool, I got what I deserved.

But I think pausing and sending screenshot over skype is just wrong, and wanted to bring that to fml attention so hopefully it's curbed in the future.