April 27, 2024, 11:55:44 am

Author Topic: S10 finalist interview: Daselend  (Read 1283 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
S10 finalist interview: Daselend
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »
Daselend, the orc legend, has taken the time to grace the community with the next wonderful interview in this series. Check out what this FFA master has to say!

Hello congratulations on making it into the FML season 10 finals. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Like where are you from, how old are you, what do you study or what do you do as a job, etc?
Hey, my name is Paul and I am currently studying German philology as well as law and business (needless to say, I like the first one the most...). I'm 23 years old and live in Vienna, Austria.

When did you start playing FFA, and what is your favorite part of FFA?
About 5 years ago (shit...). My favorite part is when I overcome teaming without resorting to manipulation of any kind.

What do you consider to be the best spell in FFA, and why?
Difficult question, but I'll say it's healing wave (lvl 3). There is no other spell that synergises so well with the arguably best standard orc army composition.

To give us some insight into your success so far, could you tell us how you prepare for your FML matches, if at all? Do you research your opponents, come up with special plans according to the map and races, etc?
When I first started FFA, I actually did try out certain creeping routes on various maps. Once being confident in most of my creeping routes, I basically stopped preparing and focused on micro as well as improving my terrible macro during regular ladder games. I usually don't have a certain game plan, I feel like the volatility of spawns, races and resulting gameflows in FFA is too high for rigid play. For the same reasons I never practice, I just try not to be too rusty in terms of control.

Is there anything you’re particularly afraid of or anything you are hoping to see in the final match?
12 gryphs and wyrm/fiend in my base before the 12 minute mark would feel like a bummer 

Any final words or advice to say to the community or your opponents before going into your final match?
Sometimes an orc is not the biggest threat, even though his BM will always haunt you in your dreams.

Thank you for your time and good luck in the final!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: S10 finalist interview: Daselend
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »
I noticed that for the best spell, every player mentioned a different orc spell (well silence is random)!

IMBA!

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
Re: S10 finalist interview: Daselend
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »
Hmm interesting choice, but I would instead think that Bloodlust should be up there as #1 most powerful spell, as an orc army really lacks without it. Warstomp lvl 3 is a close second.