April 20, 2024, 09:45:57 am

Author Topic: [Interview] J33 J33  (Read 2879 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
[Interview] J33 J33
« on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:23 pm »
Mage: Hey what's up everybody.  Today I have with me J33, or Season 17 champion!  First of all I'd like to congratulate you on your incredible win this season.  When the season first started I don't think you were on anybody's radar for winning the season, but not only did you auto-qualify for the finals you managed to take home the victory!
J33: Thank you, I am surprised myself. I would be happy to just reach semis.
Mage: Well I think it's safe to say you certainly succeeded there.  Seeing as how you aren't quite as big a name as some of our previous interviewees though why don't you give us a little bit of background information about yourself.  Start with some personal such as where you live, how old you are, etc and move on to your WarCraft III career.
J33: Well I am 24 years old and I live in Finland. I study math for 4th year now. I live with my girlfriend and my pet snake. Not much more to say.
Mage: I can safely say you are the first person I've interviewed with a pet snake!
What's your snake's name?
J33: I was afraid u would ask this. He or she doesnt have a name. Couldnt come up with a good name 10 years ago. So he/she is nameless
Mage: Hey, nameless can be a good name! 
Getting back on topic though, how and when did you start playing Warcraft?
J33:   we usually refer he/she as "elukka" which means animal/beast/critter in finnish
I did play wc2 and maybe even wc1 (can't remember for sure) with my friend when I was a kid. Our family bought a computer around the time roc came out and I have played wc3 ever since.
 Mage: Did you start off in solo, team, or FFA
J33: I never played solo much. Mostly I played custom maps and 3v3 RT. Just had fun and played bad.
Mage: Haha I think that's where a lot of us got our start.  When did you start playing FFA?
J33: I think it was year 2009. I got bored with dota and 3v3 and wanted to try something new. So I played my first bnet ladder FFA and i fell in love. I have played ffa ever since.
Mage: Have you always been a night elf player?
J33: No, I played random very long. Maybe 2008 or 2009 I played a 2v2 RT match and my ally called me noob and he said something like "stop playing random and learn to play at least one race properly". This guy had a point and I tought maybe it is easyer to get better if I focus on one race. This time I was huge moon fan so I picked elf.
Mage: Makes sense, have you ever considered switching to another race or has elf served you well?
J33: I love elf, It suits me well. Elf isn't considered an imba ffa race so they don't get teamed too often like orc or mass tp humans. Allso elf chippo doesn't reguire too much micro which is good for me since I don't have solo backround. I allso love that there are more viable hero combos than any other race. Elf suits me well.
And yeah I haven't considered switching races. Well maybe once or twice after I got my ass served to me by Ntropy.
Mage: I think we've all been in a position like that before!  When did you find out about the FFA Masters League?
J33: I found one FML replay from tft.replayers.com maybe half year after I had started playing FFA. I was like "wow, there is a FFA league, this is amazing". And I have watched every league match after that.
LoveTrance played in that replay and he seemed to be very good. He played this hero combo dr, panda, kotg and I copied it. It works better than my former combo alch, potm, pit lord 
Mage: Lovetrance, there's a name I haven't heard in a while haha.  But yeah, I suspect that it's just a wee bit more effective.  You've been around the league for several  seasons now.  I'm pretty sure I can guess your favorite moment, but can you share a few of the more memorable moments you have had outside of winning Season 17?
J33: My first contact to FML was FML ladder before Season 15 if I remember correctly. I remember the feeling when I won first match vs the guy I considered as a gods of FFA, Maga. First time I felt I should apply to FML season "maybe I can qualify". Still I tought I would get totally annihilated in every match. But I won few matches and did't get totally destroyed in every game. I allso remember how warmly I was welcomed to FML it felt good. My fear towards FML had been totally unnecessary.
Mage: We're always happy to have such polite and friendly players like you!  I think I've taken up enough of your time for today though.  Before we wrap up I have two questions for you though.  The first is what is the origin of your name "j33"? 
J33: I had 3 at buddys from finland long time ago and we played a lot together. We made accouts , j33., j00. and j44. I try to translate: jee=yeah, joo= yup, jaa = well/ ah what ever. j33. was for long a shared account with my brother. We both had a small break from wc3 and I came back first and I continued to use it.
Mage: Ah, it does make sense!  Your name has certainly been one of the more confusing ones over the years to figure it out so glad to solve that mystery.  Now, before I let you go.  Any shoutouts you want to give before you go?
J33: Yeah, I would like to thank you for this professional interview, you and other FML admins for absolutely great work and for keeping FFA alive, Ugri for his amazing work with bot. Lets keep FFA alive together!
Mage: Cheers to that mate!  Congratulations again on your championship, and here's to a great new season!
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
Re: [Interview] J33 J33
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 02:43:08 am »
WAIT!

so his name IS jee, and not jay thirty three!!!!!

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:49:01 am »
Awesome interview!! Thanks j33 and mage!

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:06:32 am »
me gusta

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »
WAIT!

so his name IS jee, and not jay thirty three!!!!!

Yeah, it's talked about in the name pronunciation thread if you want to hear it pronounced.  Also Jay 3 3
Hi