April 27, 2024, 02:05:56 pm

Author Topic: S17 GRAND FINALS!!!  (Read 5212 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
S17 GRAND FINALS!!!
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:54:36 am »
 :FMLN:

The 17th FML season is coming close to its conclusion!! Only 4 players remain in the league - the rest have been eliminated! This match features mostly players who have not yet graced the league with their presence in a final before! Many of the regulars are missing for this match including 3 time champions :Bulgaria: Magadansky and :USA: Wrecktify. This season, we shall crown a new player!! Lets meet them:

:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:Finland: :ne: j33.
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:USA: :ra: Persuade

Map: Harvest of Sorrow
:HS:

:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet] has been playing in FML for a few seasons now, but this season has been his first truly successful one. By many, he is seen as someone who is a one trick pony but it's hard to deny his results this season. He ended the elimination period at #1 in the standings with 106 points. 3 wins out of 6 games. One the 3 losses ended with him as the highest scoring player, giving him the bonus point which got him the jump into the finals. Mog will likely employ his trusty Tinker in this game to do the leg work for him, but you can bet that he will also use his sharp FFA sense to help notch him a place in the FML hall of fame!!

:Finland: :ne: j33. the star player from Finland surprises no one by being here. He has consistently been putting up impressive performances and stunning the audiences with his unmatched macro abilities. It truely was just a matter of time before he got into the finals and he did by brute force. In the same way the Mog advanced, so did he. 3 wins, a top scoring second place finish and 106 points later, j33 is at the top of the league. His skills are about to be put the final test in this game, however!! Look for him to out gold his opponents and lay waste to their armies one by one!!

:USA: :ra: Seksi is the only player in this match to have real experience in the FML finals, although he has always struggled to find success in it. He still manages to put up impressive finishes in every season. Here are his results:
  • Season 16: Semi-Finalist
  • Season 15: Grand Finalist
  • Season 14: Grand Finalist
  • Season 13: Semi Finalist (Sorta)
  • Ladder 2012: Winner
  • Ladder 2013: Winner
It's hard to deny that Seksi doesn't have the experience to take this match. If anyone here is the favorite, it would be him. Look for him to finally break down the wall which keeps stopping him from winning an FML season and take S17 for himself!!

:USA: :ra: Persuade is absolutely on fire this season. Many FML experts have speculated that when he finally jumps into a Grand Final match - he would win the entire season. It has long been tradition that Persaude would get into the Semi-Final only to be disappointed... but now the tradition is broken. In this match we will see Persuade using his devilish tactics to trick his helpless opponents into giving him the championship!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:58:27 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
Re: S17 GRAND FINALS!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:59 am »
Nice match, gl to all. My money's on persuade!

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:59 am »
Persuade cannot win. Sorry, wont happen (unless the map si deathrose or something).

He cannot win because :
- he plays vs 2 hoarders with completely identical style (mog j33)
- whoever he decides to take out whill cry for help, the other two will make an alliance vs persuade who will have imba heroes and micro but no gold.
- Probably at start while persuade will be fighting, the other two will stay 50.

It works in any combination : if he fights seksi, mog or j33, I think he can take anyone of those out and create the same kind of 3 ways.

In the end mog or j33 will win since they will be overlooked in the 3 ways despite having hoarded the whole game. Mog will have the disadvantage to have a tinker which annoys people so J33 is my favorite to win this game since he is liked and rarely/never suicided.

Seksi has a decent shot too in the 3 ways, he is smarter than most and might not let the hoarder get away with it.

But Persuade wont despite being the most talented player of this season and probably the most interesting one to watch playing atm. Long time I didnt see a guy having such a micro/macro balance, being terrific with orc and rarely suicides Wreck/Renaud side

I hope you prove me wrong bro Gl to all

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
Seksi is the key here. If he decides to go fast 80 on either mog or j33, while persuade does the same on the 4th, we could have a rarely seen last 1v1 seksi persuade where persuade might win (seksi isnt to be overlooked micro style but pers is playing a lot and to be said ... he is terrific at the moment)

mark my words folks...

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
Well we know for sure we will have a new champion ^_^

Magadansky

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 01:22:31 pm »
Put the bets on, I wanna put all my money! :D Btw the map is kinda a hoarding map so I predict a long game. Hopefully it wont be too boring.

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »
    [/list]It's hard to deny that Seksi doesn't have the experience to take this match. If anyone here is the favorite, it would be him.
    maybe does have not doesn't?

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
    • Blademaster
      • View Profile
      • Ugri on twitter
    « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
    Wrong map icon, there is no corner expo :D

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
    • Super-Blademaster
    • Crypt Lord King
      • View Profile
    • B.net Account: WorpeX
    « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »
    Wrong map icon, there is no corner expo :D

Yeah... I'm lazy and haven't updated that image since when I first made the map. haha

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
      • View Profile
    • B.net Account: Slythe
    • Race: Random
    « Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 02:05:24 pm »
    much will depend on how ppl react to the finals-jitters & excitement.

with 2 random players it gonna be tricky. Also looking forward to see, if the hoarders will hoard and the early 80er will push or maybe the other way round? ;)

i hope seksi picks human and persuade orc. I do not hope,that they both chose ud or getting elf ( ud vs elf...fast battles, much hit and run, much buildingkill, harras, weird mass air battles ) . Hu and orc usually makes up for longer, better battles.

Map is nice. Hoarding is possible, aswell as itemstacking, but distances are not too long, so early 80 and "rushes" could speed things up.

seksi and persuade are slight favorites here for sure, but j33 pulled off several underdogwins and watch out for mog´s tinker-robo-dance on this map.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
    • Blademaster
      • View Profile
      • Ugri on twitter
    « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:38:30 pm »
    If they are smart, persuade will play orc (such an orc map, 4 markets = stacked bm!)

seksi will play elf because he isnt very good in orc mirror, much better in elf mirror and there are 2 elves. Also elves will fear the orc

DV-

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 08:01:56 pm »
    Start position is main thing in this game. If Mog gets luck pos everyone esle are screwed. But if he gets close pos to Seksi or Persuade anything could happen.

Hope Persuade will win.

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
      • View Profile
    • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
    « Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:19 pm »
    so here goes the official S17 finals soundtrack )

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
      • View Profile
    • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
    • Race: Random
    « Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 08:45:08 pm »
    I am really looking foward to this season's final.  Only one player with finals experience!

Completely unpredictable as far as who the winner will be.  No one really has a huge advantage.  Seksi is no doubt the most successful overall player here, though he mentioned himself that he is not in top shape (so hopefully he plays a ton over the next week to get back there!).  Persuade is a great player too with an awesome all around game, and maybe in better shape than seksi right now.  Mog and j33 are great examples of players who have been good for a while but have taken the jump to becoming great players.  I don't think either of them lucked there ways to the finals at all, and both are great players with good sense and the ability to hold their own in combat against anyone. 

Offline PwNu.WaN

• Grunt
      • View Profile
    • B.net Account: PwNu.WaN
    « Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:13 am »
    WaN will win for sure here!