April 19, 2024, 10:36:59 pm

Author Topic: SEMI FINALS! Predictions  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
SEMI FINALS! Predictions
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:34 pm »
A couple of very nice games make up our Semis for this season.  While I have been away from WC3 for some time I am looking forward to playing (and watching) in these semi-finals.  It is cool that they are both on the first Sunday possible and on a classic map. 

S1
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Russia: :orc: Ludix
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Serbia: :ne: Svedirko

Some epic combination of styles and skills in this game.  This is Ludix's biggest FFA game yet - playing in the Semi Finals in his first FML season.  While he has picked up the game type quickly with impressive micro, I believe experience is the most important factor in these games thus leaving Calypso short of the victory.  Svedirko is the underdog that is probably still underestimated.  After playing well in last seasons Final he has made it back quietly and surely ready to put on another strong performance.  Magadansky is the most successful and consistent player in FML.  He almost always plays well and knows how to stick around until the end, even in dire circumstances, for a chance at the win.  Persuade is one of the all time best Random players, capable of beating anyone at a given time.  I think the key for him here is to be patient and use his knowledge and experience to his advantage.  Tough to bet against Maga in these type of games, though I see facing another skilled veteran (Persuade) and a strong fighter (Ludix) may prove difficult.  I like Persuade here to put together a complete game and not exhaust his resources too early.  Plus, it must be time for probably the best player yet to play in a Final to go.  Excited for this one, good luck, hf!

S2
:USA: :ne: Wrecktify
:France: :hu: Meeds
:Canada: :hu: Renaud
:USA: :ra: Seksi

Interesting cast here, I'm up against two of the best elves and Meeds who has improved much and has a good understanding of the game type.  I don't think Renaud would play human, but we'll see!  Twilight is a good map for Elf, but I don't think there will be a massive hoard fest like with some other casts.  I am not too sure how Meeds will play, but he can not be disregarded.  Renaud is a great player in all games, but maybe will have a little bit more trouble against players with strong micro.  Still, his understanding of the game and economic macro is second to none which makes him always a threat.  The artist formerly known as DFM has been active and in great shape.  In the last wc3 game I played he outplayed me on this map with a very solid creep order and clever use of illusions.  He puts in a lot of preparation for games, practicing creep orders over and over and mentally as well.  This in combination with good micro, macro, experience and tenacity makes him the favorite to win this game in my eyes.  For myself, I haven't been playing recently and lost some of the edge I once had.  I will try to put together a strong game and hopefully come out on top! Good luck and hf, gg

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: SEMI FINALS! Predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »
I'll be playing elf!

S1
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Russia: :orc: Ludix
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Serbia: :ne: Svedirko

Persuade can't win a semi, and Maga can't miss a final :D

S2
:USA: :ne: Wrecktify
:France: :hu: Meeds
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:USA: :ra: Seksi

Because we want a 4th Maga/Renaud game this season :D

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:09:22 pm »
Many players I like, I cannot make up my mind

semi 1 : I think persuade.

semi 2 : I would say DFM

DV-

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:18:00 pm »
S1

No one comes expect Persuade. He gets win.
Same in finals

S2

Doesnt matter.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:15:09 am »
S1: The cast on this game is fun because Ludix, Maga and Persuade are all players who tend to get teamed out of games. They all like to use their micro to their advantage. In most cases, I would say that Svedirko will get the win due to being overlooked - however - in this game I can't see that happening. I also can't see Ludix winning this either, orcs struggle in games like this and tend to fall flat during the late game due to either being teamed or lack of resources. I think the game will be a fast 3 way with either Svedirko or Ludix dying early. In the end, I think Magadansky will take the game into overtime and win it!

S2: Going with Wreck. Seksi hasn't been playing like his usual self of late and Meeds I think doesn't have the experience to take home an important game such as this. I think Renaud is Wrecks biggest threat. King vs King!! But, I think King Wrecktify will take the throne.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:21:37 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:36:43 am »
S1: My pick is Persuade, but this is anyone's game! Sved is the underdog here, but he was a finalist last season so definitely can't count him out! Ludix and Maga are both incredibly strong players, and may win, but I think Persuade will pull it out with great all around play. Kind of depends on spawn, but if they are fair or favorable for him, I think he has a great chance at making his first finals ever! Ludix is kind of a wildcard here though--if he makes a decisive play early and kills or severely cripples either Maga or suade....well I don't know but I'm looking forward to the replay for sure  :icon_biggrin:

S2: I picked Wrecktify, because he is the best elf player in the league, and elves are awesome. I think Seksi would be the favorite if he were practicing more, but Wreck just has the fire in him that I don't see in Seksi right now. Meeds is the dark horse in this game. I think he will be greatly underestimated, and with his good ffa game sense he may pull out a surprise, but I don't think so.
Hmm...am I forgetting someone? OH YEAH! Renaud always gets ignored or forgotten, and if that happens in this game (I don't think it will with this cast of players) then he will win for sure. But I have a feeling he will get rushed and caught with 20k gold and 55 lumb, which seems to be a common theme I see in his play (SO FIX IT RENAUD!)

gl hf to all! looking forward to the games tomorrow!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:54 am »
Map with a shredder; I should be fine!

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:48 am »
Not joking: last night I dreamed about maga winning, and me being happy that I bet coins on him.

Anyways, first game is a bit silly. Persuade has like 25% chance of winning, maga 74% chance winning, others 0.5% each if maga or persuade disc.

Second game is more interesting. Renaud vs Wreck would be cute to see, and I think either of them could win. S0 49% rena 49% wreck 1% others.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:54:02 am by rygorych »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 11:01:13 am »
I just realized that I wont be able to get wreck's obs comments since he's playing :'(

Offline PwNu.WaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: PwNu.WaN
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 02:43:00 pm »
No WaN no competetion

1. Maga
2. Wreck

Offline Searcher_FF