May 02, 2024, 07:52:57 am

Author Topic: unofficial WC3 overall history thread  (Read 20677 times)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
unofficial WC3 overall history thread
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:18 am »
I recently browsed through some older games and even watched a game from replayers.com ( probably watched 5 games the last  2 years from rep.com ) , in which moon played vs infi on twisted meadows ( nice one, go watch it). that caused some nostalgic flashback about my experiences with wc3 over the past decade.

We maybe had similar threads before, but only partly and not sure if on ffareplays.com or on fml.site, so some of my posts could be repetitive, but since then a lot of new/other guys appeared,  see it as a thread to share memories about wc3, getting to know some about the current or inactive players.

Iīll go with different parts.

1. general wc3, how u started, clans, akas, preferred races/gametypes etc, your own wc3 history.

2. your link to ffa/fml

3. the players u meet, remember about, description or memorable games u had with

4. Miscellanous

1:  I started with wc3 as my first rts and online game. I liked the RoC- campaign a lot, especially the human-campaign ( last 5 missions ) and the final 3 missions with those epic fights elf vs the evil + 1-2 videos were cinematic, aswell as some parts of the story. The TfT- campaign was ok, but nothing nearly as good as RoC to me.

I joined bnet on late RoC- days and accidently entered some tower-defense map. I got called "newb" and "noob" and did not know what the heck that means, while i asked what kind of game that is and they should explain it to me. They instead complimented me out of the game ;) .

Then i found the right button to play a couple of solo-games. Undead was the race i chose, since i liked the dreadlord and his funny comments, once u were clicking on him several times. I somehow thought, iīd need a necropolis to mine out of a goldmine, instead of hexing it. After 3-4 losses i won my first game on lost temple with getting dreadlord lvl 6 and the mighty infernal, who helped a lot to finish my human-opponent. That guy begged me at the end of the game to give him the win, but i refused.

Soon i found out, that 2vs2 and 3vs3 rt brought me much more fun than sologames and so i kept playing mostly 3vs3 occasionally. I sticked with random-race since those RoC- 3vs3 rtīs ever since. Though i still like undead much, especially with going mass necro-strat or wyrms.

My main account was TexSolar at that time and i used it also in the early days of TfT. I started to mix in playing AT 2vs2/ 3vs3  and created another acc: Reptile. X . With that i improved my statistics from 50% over the time to 65% + after i started to play some more than just occasionally games.

I joined my 2nd clan after HA] ( Holy Avengers) , named GodH ( Guardians of Doomhammer ) , which had some good players as Dark ( we played several Atīs with orc/ud and stayed undefeated for quite some time), who later played EPS and 2vs2 with Yaws.

After that clan disbanded i created together with longtime-at-buddies a clan named TT. We had a lot of fun with playing Atīs and talking during and after the games. I think my account was Terry.t.Rocket at that time( although could been a bit later in fact), whith whom i later reached the Illidan-Icon, aswell as was most active, laddering simultaniously to lvl 44 rt / lvl 39 solo and lvl 28 ffa.

In rt i played 70 % 3n3 and 30 % 2n2. In solo i sometimes tried to copy the things i saw in replays by progamers, but often messed around with nonstandard heroes, funny strats. Probably at a rate of 60% to 40%. FFA i basically started there w/o having a clue, ( after i maybe played just 3-4 games before that) and did not play it for several years after it. My stats were 50-100 in ffa, when i stopped.

Sadly also clan TT disbanded, after some went inactive and we had some trouble while playing wc3cl ( a big clanleague ). Most of us were more like the team- and funplayers, while we were facing a couple of really motivated abusers. I remember one game, where i tried to play a human with a beastmaster/h-rider strat, that failed bad and i went for happy treehiding for the first and only time ( i think ^^ ). When blizzard has not done anything against it yet.

I never really liked that obligatory "gl hf gg" . Many guys used it, just to pretend being like the few progamers. Also wishing someone luck, when u start getting angry, when the other one actually had luck was one of the hypocritical things i disliked. Usually i only said those acronyms to ppl i knew through several games. Also saying gg, when u are the winner, before the actual loser would say it ( or not) i sensed as bad attitude.

A few games i remember more than others. Some of them are :

My first 2n2 win against a top-2n2 at player at that time. His name was wcw_jade_wind or sth similar. I was basically celebrating ;) .
Aswell as we built a perfect clan record in 4n4 with defeating guys like the ReG-Crew ( metalviper etc). With another team i got to play vs e1-team with voor and harty, we got basically owned on stromguarde. After i reached the infernal-icon through tourwins, i played tours only occasionally and one time i faced a very good soloplayer, whose name was Rellik or sth like that. We had an intense 30 min game, which showed me, that i also was able to beat good soloers. I never could play solo at a rate as teamgames, since i felt them as way more stressful  and often not as funny.

Once clan TT was gone, i was a freelancer ever since ( before recreating a legit clan FF4 and finally FML) knowing enough ppl for getting customgames or atīs. Mostly i hung around at clan DK ( german clan) or clan vD ( international, mostly dutch) . My acc was Devilinarms by that time.

I did not play wc3 for a couple of months, after the normal Wc3 got more boring and boring. Afterwards i started playing funmaps only. I played a lot of dota , mostly -sdem ( maybe versions 6.71 +/- ) , saw that leavers movie and could feel with the creator ^^
.  I mostly liked Enfos, Footmen Frenzy, peon/pudgewarz , hero-arena, Wipeout-towerdefense, wintermaul-wars, dark deeds.

Then, after almost a year of playing funmaps only, i stopped again for maybe half a year completeley, before making a short comeback, before i lost my motivation again. i gave FFa a try again and entered azeroth playing some bnet games and joining the clan lone channel, getting in touch with a few people, then founding out about fml and basically starting playing ffa only ( with the exception of 4n4 for some time, after it become the only really active gametype, once hackers and inactivity took over ) , since it produces so many unique games with a lot of aspects.
I played under the aka Slythe all my fml/customgames, having  other accs on bnet just like Sw1sH/ SidvsMike.

Since a year i consider myself more inactive than active, with having short periods of playing bot or a few fml games.

tbc with part 2.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
Re: unofficial WC3 overall history thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:51:41 am »
Pt 2 : FFA/FML

Before i entered the FML in 2009 ( i think) i played a little over 150 during the years.
I  was not really knowing what i was doing there, how the whole thing really works nor i was interested in looking behind the ffa-mechanics. I just played it for a change, since i played all other standard-gametypes.

From those first experiences in ffa i basically only remember 3 games.

A game, where i fought two 100 food armies with a 100 myself, using starfall, which looked awesome vs that many units and was highly effective. Still i had not won the game and the guys kept teaming me, until i told them , that this would been unfair and i kinda deserved to win this, because i was playing overall the best in that game and surprisingly they agreed and gave me the win.

Another game, where my opponent been orc, using bm/sh mass shamans/wyvvern. then, when i fought him, he had mass lusted wyvvern vs fiend/garg army using big bad voodoo and before i could really react my whole army got annihilated in like 5 seconds. I told him, that this strat looks pretty strong and he told me he would using it regularly, racking up a lot of wins... damn orcs !

The third game i remember was against a human, who towered up hard, staying at 50 with couple of mines , while using an archmage and pitlord, who he turned invisibly with a sorc. Then he went to everyones expand blizzarding and Rain of firing our economy. I did not really know , how to defend vs this non-standard, sneaky, macro-based play and i copied it a few times, since it looked fun ... and it was ;).

I get to know about fml through hanging out on the clan lone channel and i started, when the season 7 final took place. I watched that replay and have not heard about any of the players. I recall a good rush by a undead player against a human, while there were endless big battles between an orc and an elf, which looked like they having fun.

At that time, Garena was the way to play customgames and it was a pretty good way to play with good players, which quickly let me improve my ffa-understanding.
There were a official ladderseason installed and i had a couple of games there.
In some games the older, experinced players, who did not know me, were raging at me for my bad play, although i think i was doing the right thing.

There were season 8 at the horizon, but i chose not to participate in the qualifiers, because i had experienced, that some people were really caring much about their games there and also taking some laddergames seriously, so i did not want to be involved in those kind of games, which other guys marked as important to them, resulting in drama, once theyīd lose them.

A lot of players, who played season 7 already or were exprienced and more known, qualified to that season, the only guy, who was quite new was pbl66, i think.

I keep sticking with the garena-ladder and playing bnet ffa following season 8.
We had 4 seasons of garena ladder, with eshan( darkmessiah) winning the first, daseland winning the 2nd in a deciding finalgame with myself/yane/yz . Season 3 was a split win between myself/sgora/renaud, while Yane dominated and easily won season 4.

After season 8 was done, the then admins ( rad, criticalbastard, killin, renad ? ) had no more time or desire to continue and fml was on the shelf. There were still some garena games happening, but many focused on bnet.

I liked to play bnet at that time. The only things, that really annoyed me, where when u faced 2-3 humans, who played the mass tower/hoard/manip style ( with making games superlong and lame) and unfortunateley you played many of them , especially once u entered higher ranks. So i preferred to stay out of the top 100-50 for quite some time. Another thing was lossbotting, making the games an instant 3-way. I also lossbotted, but tried to play a normal game and give the win away at the end, once iīd win. Too bad, some guys would leave, before i decided to do so^^.
Also i lossbotted often, once i got thumbed maps or i was not up for hurricane/duststorm-happiness.

Then a new admin decided to revive the fml-league. he named himself jumptoad. he seemed to be a nice guy and put some effort to build the whole thing on his own, although it appeared to be a tough task to handle such a league alone. Once it had started, playing qualifactio and a couple of playdays, some players ( i only recall Majin, forgot the other names) got into fights with the admin, who finally turned out to be known as nebu ( who had a troubled past with fml seasons ago, aswell as with several players). Some players decided to leave the league or to work against it, trolling or provoking jumptoad constantly. Finally he stopped admining and the whole season was scrapped. Personally i enjoyed that season, since i had 3 games, with each of them being very unique, funny and enjoable, which i still remember quite well.

After that kind of disappointing season, which turned to be out as a fiasco for some, fml needed some time to regroup.
Finally, a small group around worpex/renaud/ugrilainen  gave it a try and fresh start. And itīs running ever since with a lot of dedicated people keeping it up on a high level.

Several types of groupstage system were discussed and tried out, new maps added, features added to the website ( like the chatbox, better scheduling options, featured themes and threads, showmatches been held, special events held and so on ) .

With starting to work with a bot, there were new options and with the regularly hosted games by the bot/ugrilainen a surprising boost of activity was the result.

Once again itīs time to thank all admins, players, followers, people who contribute in any positive way ( or creating drama, which simply often just draws ;) ) over the years, who made this whole thing possible. Keep up the good work.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »
well basically i was a garbage solo player for a few years and now im a garbage FFA player

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »
Once again itīs time to thank all admins, players, followers, people who contribute in any positive way ( or creating drama, which simply often just draws ;) ) over the years, who made this whole thing possible. Keep up the good work.

Pretty much nailed the history there and thanks for the compliment! <3 <3

Cool thread idea!!! While I could definitely write a book like you did, I think im going to simplify it. haha

1. general wc3, how u started, clans, akas, preferred races/gametypes etc, your own wc3 history.

I started wc3 by liking the UD lich box art. But, I couldn't find it in stores so I bought the orc one. Played undead from the very start because they look like badasses. I didn't really get super active until Frozen Throne when I found out about leagues. I was hired as an admin to help with TFL (The Frozen League) which was one of the premier leagues at the time. I didn't really get along well with the head admin (and neither did the friend of mine at the time, FrozenPrince). We both wanted to do our own thing and so we started our own league. The FFA Masters League! (more on that in the next question).

While still running FML, I ran a few league teams including BPS, Re, xE 0wN. Turns out, i'm not a very good team manager and none of these teams really did much competitively. Eventually, I gave up on managing teams and grew tired of running FML as well. I decided it was time to make a new path and start over with something fresh!

I decided to start up a new league as well as a new league team. The league was the WC3 Olympics [WCO] and was founded by myself, Holcan and BaronFel. Coincidentally, these were also the founding members of the new league team: Nightmare Gaming [nG]. The three of us ran WCO and nG exclusively for quite a long time. The team was mildly successful and WCO was emerging right as other big leagues were shutting down  - making us one of the biggest leagues in the scene.

After 3 successful seasons of the league, it never reopened for a 4th season. Which was mainly due to the failing league team structure of WC3 and also Holcan stepping down from managing the league. nG stayed together and eventually the team moved onto SC2 but changed names to Stoic.

I never got into SC2 and quit WC3 instead...

...About a year later I clicked on FFAReplays.com accidentally in my favorites list and saw the Mr.Sparkle was posting FML replays with comments about how they missed the league, etc etc etc. So, I contacted old crew from when I ran the league (Ugri, Renaud) to see if they were interested in reviving the league... and I think everyone knows the rest!!!

2. your link to ffa/fml

As stated previously, FrozenPrince and I founded the league. I did all the website work and public relations and he did most of the mundane tasks around the site. We really had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. It was my idea to make a FFA League, but I honestly didn't have a clue that there was an underground FFA scene with the likes of Clan Lone and FF4.

Season 1 was a rude awakening. Our rules were shit. The FFA scene didn't take us seriously and the player base was rather poor. However, I was determined to make this league a success. We had to pretty much change the entire league from the ground up for season 2. We made A TON of rule changes since then and it worked! Season 2 was a huge success!! Eventually, we started to be taken seriously and the rest is history.

3. the players u meet, remember about, description or memorable games u had with

The people I remember the most are the guys who I spent years working with in leagues or just playing with.  FrozenPrince, Lavamn, Gow-Gregor-2, DarkShadow, Holcan, BaronFel, Tosh'iki, Aydin are the guys I remember the most fondly which no longer play WC3.

I wont list the FML guys here because we're all still making memories together! The scene is still pretty healthy and I hope it stays that way!

---Shit, this ended up being longer then I expected. hahaha
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:30:55 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 01:40:10 pm »
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (2003) I was playing Starcraft BW on my mums Dell PIII-500hz.  Primarily game ruining 7v1 comp stomps by not doing allied victory, and owning at VTEC painball (anyone remember this?  seriously remains the best CG in any blizz game imho.) Around that time my best friend Mark shoplifted a copy of WC3 - ROC, and needed 20$ to get home after losing 100$ in a game of three-card monty in Chinatown.  So I traded 20$ for his stolen ROC.  (Note: seriously this is how I got started on WC3.)  Unfortunately the Dell could not run ROC, so for 6 months it sat in its box until the Dell died and was replaced with an AlienWare.  (Core Duo 2.6 I think?  Actually a testament to OG Alienware, the thing lasted for 10 years but died earlier this year.) 

Enter ROC (Early 2003): I started playing elf, and lost to rushed wyverns 90% of the time.  Back then people referred to strategy as cheese, build orders as "cookie cutter", and I was awful.  Well, im still awful, but slightly more awful.  I started playing FFA because FFA players are also awful.  I won half my games, which was pretty good for FFA, primarily relying on getting an invul pot and abusing starfall.   I eventually joined clan HERO, which was a precursor to clan Lone.  Everyone moved to TFT but I refused to beause im an old man and was stuck in my ways.

Enter TFT (Late 2003): Eventually the tipping point came where there was nothing to do but move to TFT because the player pool had dwindled.  Also they took away invul pot/starfall from me, which made me sad.  Finally I learned about the bloodmage, and wanted to mass him. (Sadly you can only have one per game.)  I joined TFT and was somehow more awful then than when I started.  I was probably a tier-4 player at best.  And with college coming up I gave WC the big finger and left.

Return #1 (late 2004): HERO is now Lone, and theres a good cast of characters to battle.  I return as Wrecktify, who was an oversized Mountain King hero in the original ROC Dota, and become a human player.  FFIV, Emmissary Omega, Rice, Alienwarez, etc.  Unfortunately I am still a tier 4 player.  I honestly dont think I ever won any games against anyone good for the first 3 years of playing this game.  Actually depressing to think about.  And the next 3 years are a blur because I continued to suck.

Quit #2 (Whenever they really fucked up ELO/game finding): A combination of frustration over the playstyle (skll alone doesnt win game) and the inability to find games, combined with wanting to improve past being the Reflekkt of the 2000s, drives me to retire and forsake the name Wrecktify and become Bluedragoon (a reference to Kain from Final Fantasy IV <3 you Mog =D) After a few months and winning one of those automated solo tournaments, I am a tier 3 US solo player (Which means probably tier 1,000 worldwide, but w/e) and I can actually micro.  I join clan FoH, and meet some good chaps along the way of clanwars.  Including Worpex, who I faced in BPS (an di think I was in BPS for a while?  Actually I also played in Worpex's league.  Worp did you manage TFL?  Its all a blur.)

Return #3 (2008/09?): With the solo scene rapidly contracting, combined with the disbanding of FoH after we failed to qualify for like any leagues, I join FML.  S5 was my first season, and I bucked the AM-obsessed trend of humans at the time by going MK/Panda/Pally.  I did OK but didnt make the playoffs.  I convinced Snamuh that my combo was the best, and he totes copied me in the finals to win.  I claim half that victory as my own.  I also dont recognize seasons 1-4 as I didnt play in them. 

Reign of the King! (09-10): 3 finals in a row, 2 championships.  After both championships of mine, Worpex retires because he hates me.  After I win S8, FML collapses into ruin, though is saved by Nebu, who proceeds to crash it into a wall cause hes a fucking lunatic.

S9/S10: More fake seasons without me.  Worpex restarts the league in s10 but again because he hates me forgets to invite me back.  Cause hes a faggot who I hate.  But also love.  Some nignog smurf named Murloc or whatever makes a ruckus but sucks, so everyone thinks hes me.  W/e.  Noobs.  Also some shiteater canuck named HTRT wins "the greatest final of all time".  My ass.  Youre all fags.

S11/12 are a blur, so im skipping those.

S13: I make it back to the finals for my fourth time, playing at what I consider to be my best, facing 3 in-base 2v1s and winning 2 of them that season.  That dildo duck no-shows the tournament, so we sub in Steppin, which was one of those adminsheadupassidiot moments.  Humanstar, who had developed a gay love thing with Maga (I think they had been smuurfing a shared account on bnet for a while.) essentially preteam.  Maga tomes steppin in a close spawn, Humanstar fail rushes me and suicides me till Maga cleans us both up.  Worst final of all time.

Quit #4 S14:  2 more in-base 2v1s, ending in a wink-nod lets solo out our respective opponents then have a solo between SS adn rain lead to me saying 'wowthisleagueisgay'.  Quality of games in S14 was generally shitty, but when I only get 1 high-level game a week it better be good.  And they werent.  I quit again.

Return #5 (S15):  FML has a crappy open ladder going, and I plan on filling the void in my life by smurfing the occasional match.  I #wtfbbqpwn Eshan and Seksi with the now-trendy (yes I am claiming two hero-combo trends) DR/Panda/Kotg, mainly because they were too busy comparing dick sizes and I rolled them both.  Eshan called me a hacker cause hes a retarded indian.  I mean native american.  I mean indian.  And seksi invited me to join FML.  Lul now im back where I started.

Having been an admin I know how rudementary the tracking skills of smurfs are, so www.worpexsaystosuckadick.com later and I am DarkFlameMaster.  What noobs.  The few times I played elf in FML I went DR/Panda/Kotg, used the same hotkeys, and had the same 125 APM.  I pwn up S15, but in typical Maga fashion his cloak of invisibility leads Seksi to focus down on me and Maga wins in actually fairly epic style.  In fact it was such a good final my goal of better games was realized, so I plan on staying DFM.

S16: I win!  And so the era of DFM begins!

S17:Im outed! Oops, I did miss doing my goofy predictions.  Cant teach an old dog new tricks can you.  Cest la vie.

Shout outs:
<3 CriticalBastard (sea bee!), Rad, Worpex, Mangus, Alienwarezzzz, orc-ffa, Zeus!!!, ebo (even though youre a faggot youre the only person who goes back as far as I do), Maga and Pers (you guys are fun to battle even though I would shank either of you if I met you), Ugri (Only reason I would have stayed DFM is to keep being your bud), RKK (id be gay with you 4 real.)  ANd probably other people but im done typing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:40:32 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »
No love for me Wreck :(  See if I ever plan to buy you jumbo slice then.

Actually like this, pretty interesting since I was so firmly emerged in the solo scene prior to S10. 
Hi

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »
@ steppin:  MANIP !

@ worpex:

oh, crazy. didnīt know u were that busy with organizing/admining, nice. Also didnītz know frozenprince was basically co-founder of fml and a buddy of yours. 

@ wreck:

i think this guyīs aka , who some believed could been you , was MightyMurrock .       

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 03:51:34 pm »
No love for me Wreck :(  See if I ever plan to buy you jumbo slice then.

Actually like this, pretty interesting since I was so firmly emerged in the solo scene prior to S10.

Quote from: Me
Mangus

its thurr :P

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 04:35:37 pm »
(an di think I was in BPS for a while?  Actually I also played in Worpex's league.  Worp did you manage TFL?  Its all a blur.)

Were you in BPS while I was there? I don't really remember. haha I didn't particularly like that clan too much. I was in it, but never felt like I fit in. I stuck around a lot longer than I should have, but compared to other clans, it was a fairly short stint. Same story with xE.

I was not the head admin of TFL, just a lowly match admin. Neriokas and his buddy ran it. I don't remember his buddies name but that was the guy I hated. haha Neriokas and I got along pretty well until he went batshit insane a few years later. lol
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:37:32 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
The guys i played or remember the most with before the ffa/fml- time were the following ( i doubt u will know any, but probably u heard of one or the other ) :

eon-reloaded, lephaistus, lollerine, glukose-sir.oup , m4ur3r, flash-fx, dodekah, nw_pincio, noobaholic, knikkerkoning, vion, big_b, testacc(2), mondfalke + some more.

The guys, that were the most fun to watch replays from :

Chobo_Bei : innovative undeadplayer
CadX2-Craft: innovative orc and overall player
ANGRY_KOREA_MAN: nonsense-chat and 1-trick-pony , but very cool strat + responds by opponents
BMI.Philbot: that guy brought up an new ud-strat ( mass fiends, dk+lich+naga super nuke ^^) and played it to perfection and was very hard to beat for a about a year, even by pros
Grubby: a ton of strategies and such a great knowledge of the game + entertaining overall
Moon: i quote the otherīs : The Fifth Race :P, such a insaneley good strat-execution
Remind: I just like him, was a pretty aggressive elf, made awesome comebacks
TH000: last big innovator, imo. Some crazy good and cool strat ( also some lame like that pally vs ud harras crap  :icon_lol: ), also avoiding to play mirrors, chosing other races + incredible micro
Showtime/Star.Werra : Their 2vs2 tactics were fresh and deadly.
RoF.Kathor: that guy leveled in every gametype to rank 1 or atleast closeley
Madfrog: his name is just funny, one of the first proplayers, early undead prodigy. Made the mass garg-harras ( + shade) popular + in one of his games this stone-form-garg bug occured.

People I remember playing with or against, before ffa-times:

Eso]nl.zerter, Tagnael : playing rt with them was inspiring. Playing against them was deflating ^^.
Endlessly + his at-partners : i watched 1 day before out game a solo between him and the infamous mtw.tak3r, when he was a scary guy to play against  (towers. ), where he owned him. So beating him in a actionpacked game with some crazy strats was a thing i remembered.
actually not more atm, except those i mentioned in pt1 already.

FFA-People, that i remember, who did not play FML as far as i know:

Turbo.LT : a hoard/manip/tower lamer, but also a funplayer, going tinker/naga only with mass moonweels/towers as example. I also played a at 4n4 against him, when i knew he was rank1 ffa. We won them, he flamed his allies and we flamed him as the FFA-Newb, that he was  :icon_biggrin: .
RealPeon: that guy created accs, which never reached 25 wins with any race, so he`d appear as a peon permantly. He was good with all races and a good rager and nasty manipper.
navarron-psix : longtime ffa rank1 and ff4-clan leader, when it was infested with mass preteaming, (hacking russians ). this guy was a cheater and he and this clan stood for the very questionable species of the ffa-players for sometime at that time.

Players i played with during the years or fml, garena-customgames etc:

Indense: a danish elf player, who liked it to go early 80 with dh/panda/panda or kotg, forcing action-games w/o much manip.
Rebuke.Skynet : Good micro, lived it to battle with other good microplayers such as daselend, not really caring that much of the outcome. remember a game on market , where they both fought as long as one would die, ignoring me in the 3-way with my far behind hero-lvls. Once it was a 1vs1 between dase and myself i won witih my firelord/mk/pally + more gold.
mooksman : ud-player. had a deathrose game vs him, which i thought already had won with chippobased, dr/potm/naga, but he somehow managed to pulled the win, after endless hit & runs & luck, being cocky in the end, pissing me off really hard. iīd consider that game for sure in the top10 of most annoying games ever. we also had a teamffa game, where we were the same team. we had fun, though we lost ( double ud, bad strategy9
rebbats: the STABBER ! unique guy, who bareley used any chat, making it sometimes enjoyful, sometimes frustating. never had above 100 apm, but owned many players with his aggressive human-style. i recall a game where he owned nooblex with a mass invi hawk-strat. also i only recall only 2 times, where i am saw him getting emo: 1 game in season 8, where yane constantly outmicroed him and he finally initiated a teaming against him, cursing hard. another game i manipped vs him in a 3-way, which he ultimateley lost ( and i won :P ).
trained.pro : radīs buddy. decent elf player, who played a lot of bnet aswell and become quite good after a while. he had some trouble with bsuck and we 3 ended up in a game together. bsuck and i randomed orc. he outmicroed me early. he was flaming me ( "dude, i thought ur first race is orc, you suck !" ) , with high heroes he hold trained.pro off. After i lost my base i went into guerilla mode and i wore him down with a long baserace. Once he was baseraced, trained.pro said sth: "Ha, great man, thanks , that u killed that punk. here have the win, iīm happy you stopped him from winning this game." and leaving the game, giving me a freewin.
Rad: i actually cannot remember any game i saw from him, but he was for sure a nice guy, good admin and a deadly mario-kart player  :icon_wink:

TBC

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »
I joined FML cause FFA was fun
I wanted to change the bad rules, Frozen Prince left because he loved bad rules
I left because Worpex left
I came back because Worpex came back
I created a bot
I left FML to take care of the bot

@Wreck : let's be buddy with your new old self then ;)

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »
Other than 25-15-10-5, what are some of the other bad rules of S1/2?

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »
I dont have such a good memory, biggest change was this one I am not sure about the rest. This is why FP left caused he loved playing for 2nd

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 05:53:24 pm »
 I do remember stuff like first/second place of the qualifiers advance to the league; THAT was pretty terrible (I mean playing for second in the league game was a desperate move when you wanted the extra 5 points, but in the qualies it was 2nd place take all!!!)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:55:10 pm by FML|Renaud »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »
Also, Frozen Prince din't just leave, he got himself kick out
If I remember correctly, he tried and failed to rush walking, then the game was replayed due to a disc
On the regame he crossmaped rush walking (with something silly like mass bear this time, the first time it was actually a legitamate ffa play), failed again, and then left/got banned for ban sportsmanship