April 28, 2024, 07:10:53 am

Author Topic: Lightweight Banned  (Read 10549 times)

Offline normalice

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: normalice
  • Race: Undead
Re: Lightweight Banned
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:46 pm »
i remember once I was all set to play a game on Deathrose and at the last second he swapped me with an obs slot. That was annoying..

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 07:05:02 pm »
Why are there so many bitch players in this community? Can't handle another good player challenging you? @maga obviously I asked about subbing because persuade had mentioned it as a possibility and LW was banned for this game, he did nothing wrong in your final. 

Its disappointing when there is hardly any love or respect shown at all in this community for a person who has put time and effort into it to provide a good challenge in the league.  Lw, maga, duck? who else?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:14:46 pm by Seksi »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 07:15:02 pm »
Its disappointing when there is hardly any love or respect shown at all in this community for a person who has put time and effort into it to provide a real challenge as a strong player.  Lw, maga, duck? who else?

The admins understand the bolded part only too well!!

Maga was merely joking though, no need to take his comment so seriously.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:18:56 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
Its disappointing when there is hardly any love or respect shown at all in this community for a person who has put time and effort into it to provide a real challenge as a strong player.  Lw, maga, duck? who else?

The admins understand the bolded part only too well!!

Maga was merely joking though, no need to take his comment so seriously.

Solidarity!!

Offline Jey_s_TeArS

• Official FML Streamer
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jey_s_TeArS
  • Race: Human
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »
Just wondering, imagine LW saved a paysant and finished that town hall. He would have continue playing, eventually teaming with one against another etc. Suiciding one player he consider worth suiciding because having him in the game considerably threaten his chance.
Since you have a quote "To make it clear and to prevent missunderstandings (...)" the question does not really apply here (or does it, maybe that was just another provocation?), but focussing, even cross map to someone you really fear is still playing for the win imho.

BTW I plan on tower rushing Persuade on P52, because with him being out, I am confident I could handle the 3 way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:40:31 pm by Jey_s_TeArS »

Offline rsm!

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »
seksi nobody respects you not because you suck, but because you suck and you act like you are skilled, and that people should recognize this nonexistent skill.

"cant handle another good player challenging you", you type like a tool is why people make fun of you. Any true "good" player would just say cant handle another player. Kids these days really need to stop dropping out of school.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 10:13:48 pm »
seksi nobody respects you not because you suck, but because you suck and you act like you are skilled, and that people should recognize this nonexistent skill.

"cant handle another good player challenging you", you type like a tool is why people make fun of you. Any true "good" player would just say cant handle another player. Kids these days really need to stop dropping out of school.

Lol, you're just as guilty of this as Seksi is. You do the same goddam thing. You're the excuse king for losing a match and you constantly boast that you're one of - if not the - best US player right now. You literally have no ground to call Seksi out on this.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »
Just wondering, imagine LW saved a paysant and finished that town hall. He would have continue playing, eventually teaming with one against another etc. Suiciding one player he consider worth suiciding because having him in the game considerably threaten his chance.

We usually use our judgements for these things.  Focusing someone who is crossmap would be ok, if you defend your main when someone is destroying it (once again, judgement call if you wait a bit before tping because you think you have a chance of finishing the base race which would make it better for you in the end.)

In this case, this was a real old school suicide, killing yourself in order to make someone else lose

For example, we have a lot of "feeding" players that were not penalize, because they did so in order to win to the game

In one game, Snamuh said "Here louis I'm sending you my units to feed" while he was being rushed. Because of that, the player killing him stopped hitting his main, and started chasing the units.  This would have been feeding, but Snamuh who had saved a peon was only doing this in order to buy time in order to rebuild (his peon was immediately killed and he left, but still!!!)

In one game, I was feeding Lost some gryphons for him to charm, this would have been feeding, but I did that while I was rebuilding in a corner, and because I needed to free food in order to rebuild heroes, and by doing that instead of killing them myself, I made him slow down his killing me, and at the same time made him the strongest so I wasn't targeted by the other (in this case the fact that I won also really helped :P)

Now a player who is dying, sends his remaining units to someone else, then Alt+QQ, he's pretty much screwed, especially if he does it multiple times (I remember a player taverning his heroes and feeding them five times while his main was being destroyed (I think it's after that game we added the rule)

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:46 pm »
@Lightweight (speaking as just a fan since you probably don't know who I am) I hope Steppin is right and you change how you feel about your decisions, since you are arguably the best active player not to have yet won a championship, and the most capable. This is a long ban but I hope you will come to appreciate it as a sort of compliment also; actions like this from a player such as yourself are a betrayal to the league and those who work to see FFA and you flourish. I am sure you will be missed by many for the reasons already given. No one cares if you are "sane" or not, but your actions were beyond that. Hope to see you back soon.

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:23 am »
Since you have a quote "To make it clear and to prevent missunderstandings (...)" the question does not really apply here (or does it, maybe that was just another provocation?), but focussing, even cross map to someone you really fear is still playing for the win imho.

BTW I plan on tower rushing Persuade on P52, because with him being out, I am confident I could handle the 3 way.

I had to smile a bit when you mention that i might be afraid of seksi as a reason for my actions. I suicided him because i wanted to make him lose, because i dont like him due to his arrogance he recently showed. Someone had to bring him back on the ground.

@reflekkt: I often made mistakes while playing in this league which is apoligized for, because i realized i did something wrong. But in this case i cant apoligize for it, because it felt right to me even if i disrespected admins and all players in the league with my behaviour. I dont know what is going to happen in the future, but first i have to face the consequences before thinking about later. Admins gave me a last chance which i spit on and i think it would be the wrong sign to talk about a reunion now.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 07:32:03 am »
who cares about being loved by lw or rsm...

Offline rsm!

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
pretty sure the answer is yes because of something that happened a few seasons ago, but

would lw still be banned for this if him suiciding seksi gave lw 10th place and seksi 11th(assuming last week before semis)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 08:31:24 am »
pretty sure the answer is yes because of something that happened a few seasons ago, but

would lw still be banned for this if him suiciding seksi gave lw 10th place and seksi 11th(assuming last week before semis)

Good question. I'm not sure how we would handle that as its never really came up before. In 90% of these situations, that wouldn't really work considering the person who wins the game would steal 10th place. Especially considering games are matched by score, most of them are already at the same amount of points. Its still mathematically possible for that situation to happen but I think if you've already factored yourself out of winning the game and are purposely playing to make a specific person lose, it would still be an intentional suicide.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:10 am »
I' ll lock that thread - everything seems to be said. If you want it to be reopened , pm me.