April 29, 2024, 03:11:49 am

Author Topic: Round 4 Incident - Humans7ar  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Re: Round 4 Incident - Humans7ar
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 08:17:58 am »
I'm so disappointed by humanstar. Never expected him to do that, especially in a game with me. Shame on him!

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:32 am »
ban again? only because i was truly and told ya i watched stream before i leaved wow
and why u blame me? its not my fault its yours because everybody can watch the stream and noone will tell you... i am against cheating too but stream abuse can do everybody normally and its your fault so entban me plz ! or would i out anyway?

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 11:45:22 am »
ban again? only because i was truly and told ya i watched stream before i leaved wow
and why u blame me? its not my fault its yours because everybody can watch the stream and noone will tell you... i am against cheating too but stream abuse can do everybody normally and its your fault so entban me plz ! or would i out anyway?

We do appreciate your honesty, which is why this is not a lifetime ban, and only a season ban.  Your logic is flawed, just because one person maphacks, why don't you maphack?

We are a small community that plays a 12 year old game for fun.

We know people can cheat, however we take the safe assumption that our members are not cheaters, I hope this was an isolated incident, but to be cautious we are now going to be stricter to prevent these kinds of things from happening.

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »
I agree 100% with Persuade here. I have no problem with Hustar, but cheating is never acceptable, even if "other people do it". If others ARE doing it, that is indeed a shame, and I think further measures will have to be taken in the future to help prevent such easy access to cheating. But I also agree with Duck (can't believe I said that!), most of the people left in the league would never cheat. And I think that is important because it is how FML continues to roll on after such a long time. We are a community of players who play because we love the game, the community, and the competition. Cheating of any form dismantles all 3 of those in some way.

Offline PwNu.WaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: PwNu.WaN
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:39 pm »

Pathetic excuses that you bring up here. You cheat on purpose, defend yourself and blame the others. It's like i would use Maphack in a game and blame the developers for inventing Maphack.
You can be proud that FML Admins gave u a harmless one season ban for cheating.

Instead of helping this community out, u abused it and like i already mentioned before, you blame the others which is just retarded. You could have told them that theres no delay on the stream and leave afterwards.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »

Pathetic excuses that you bring up here. You cheat on purpose, defend yourself and blame the others. It's like i would use Maphack in a game and blame the developers for inventing Maphack.
You can be proud that FML Admins gave u a harmless one season ban for cheating.

Instead of helping this community out, u abused it and like i already mentioned before, you blame the others which is just retarded. You could have told them that theres no delay on the stream and leave afterwards.

I was going to make a ragey Wreck-like post but WaN summed up my feelings pretty accurately here.

Offline InnerLight

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: InnerLight
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »

From a conversation with a serial killer:
- Why did you kill this woman?
- Well, I have a hands and a knife. So I just stab her. After all, anyone can do it.

:icon_eek: Holy fuck.

Offline audigy

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: trumpcard
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »
I know for a fact other players do, I actually said this a while ago... I don't get it why ruin the game. I'm not going to point fingers but in my 2nd game I know someone was watching stream and I think it should be removed ASAP. Wait for the replay.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 05:25:35 pm »
the fact that there are real time streams going of FML games is baffling to me. This should absolutely not be allowed, 30 min delay at least, or even 1 hour. Even 1 hour could fuck up someone if there is a stand off and they are hiding units or gold. I would trust old school people not to abuse a stream, but the league is bigger than before these days.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:28:36 pm by rygorych »

Offline PwNu.WaN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: PwNu.WaN
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44:49 pm »
the fact that there are real time streams going of FML games is baffling to me. This should absolutely not be allowed, 30 min delay at least, or even 1 hour. Even 1 hour could fuck up someone if there is a stand off and they are hiding units or gold. I would trust old school people not to abuse a stream, but the league is bigger than before these days.

This comment must be a troll, "30 or even 1 hour delay" HAHAHAHAHA

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »
Honestly, I would never ever ever allow streaming of league games (or even obs except moderators), but since people are being babies and have to obs/stream, measures have to be taken.

There is absolutely no reason to watch a game live, how is replay any worse?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:12:05 pm by rygorych »

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »
I think Ebo is right, but 30-60 minutes aint enough in my eyes. Admins should allow people to watch games after 10-15 years on VHS as earliest date.

If there wouldnt be streamers, the community would go down tomorrow. And 1 hour delay? thats impossible since u can delay 15 min max i think and how is it fun to watch a game when its not live.

Im curious how you are going to give farseer a third spring in fml games Ebo  :icon_wink:

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »
a lot of the community actually depend on streams, most of the streamers pull in decent numbers, especially in the russian community.

Watching the game live is always funner usually because you can chat with observers and appreciate/understand the players decisions, as I'm fairly sure nobody watches replays at 1x speed.

a 15 minute delay is more than sufficient, despite this isolated incident, we still trust the members of FML as a whole not to cheat.

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 03:53:40 am »
Honestly, I would never ever ever allow streaming of league games (or even obs except moderators), but since people are being babies and have to obs/stream, measures have to be taken.

There is absolutely no reason to watch a game live, how is replay any worse?
OKAY

Offline imbalance_hero

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: imbalance_hero
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 08:28:17 am »
Sorry for my bad english, but i have some things about it:

15 mins delay = no communication with viewers, less fun for everyone.
Starcraft 2 = no delay
Dota 2 = no delay
CS = no delay
Warcraft 3 almost no delay

Watch stream same as use map hack, if someone open stream, he can download maphack too, nothing different. Rule about 15min delay = big mistake for every streamers. 5 min delay is very bad too!

As bonus: 15 min delay = NOT LIVE STREAM, so, it`s not fun, as fun to see it in LIVE.

IMHO.