April 28, 2024, 08:45:36 pm

Poll

Whats next for FML?

Season 11 (Swiss)
Season 11 (Classic)
King of FFA 2
FML Open
Other

Author Topic: Whats next for FML?  (Read 15575 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Whats next for FML?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »
I agree with daselend and others about the +4 for top score problem. It encourages a certain style of play, but all styles of play should be equally encouraged. Like CampandSpank style would never get +4 points, even if he won his games. So its like you are saying getting three heroes and being really good at micro deserves points more than just winning the game...

If i chim raze everyones bases i dont get many points, same with tanks, same with manipulating for the win. basically +4 is a micro/battle/score reward...but many times the crazy guy who rapes everyone and gets high heroes doesn't deserve win because he played stupid and aggroed everyone even if he has good micro (solo players). why should he get +4 at end?

So what you're saying is, this discourages people from cheesing in order to win a FFA game? I see nothing wrong with that.

rsm

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:19 pm »
anybody who thinks getting points for having the highest score has an iq lower than deuce and should go play random team. Have a nice day.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:08 pm »
hmmm thats kind of insulting, elaborate?

Ugrilainen

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »
I think i liked the +1pt rule given to the loser which most points better  than this 21-4 format.

my idea was a small compensation which helps to untie players

Your idea gives  much more importance to be 1st in points, it becomes something to fight for which could lead to long ending of games where the winner doesnt finish his opponent too fast to try to get top score for example.

It should be a compensation, not a bonus.

Oh and Duck stfu. Have a nice day

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 06:03:56 am »
i do not really like the "highest score points"... i never play for any points i play only for win....
why do you want to change so much?
its a tournament if u win ur games u should play in the playoffs if not you are out... simple..

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 07:44:50 am »
To make tie breaker easier mostly

rsm

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:46 am »
Say you are sorry for telling me to stfu and I won't suicide you.

Ugrilainen

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:38 am »
Say you are sorry for telling me to stfu and I won't suicide you.

Say you are sorry for telling us we have an iq below 2 and I won't suicide you. Should i remind you that I consider having 1% chance of qualifying so suicide would be an enjoyable option.

Ugrilainen

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 10:30:34 am »
So to get back on subject, I think players doesnt want to change the point system, but wants 32 players and 6 rounds.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:50 am »
Bah! Players don't know what they want! Only I do! MUAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!!

But in all seriousness... 32 players will happen. Anything passed 4 rounds and I might want to slit my wrist... but we'll see.

I think the point system change will make the games more exciting to watch instead of having hour long stand-offs. Hopefully making them shorter as well. It promotes aggressive and strong play over sitting around all game and trying to snipe the win at the end. I do want to remind people that their was only 6 (I think) games where the winner didn't have the highest score this season. Almost all of them happened because two players teamed the strongest player to death. (Or from Abusing human heroes. *glares at johny*)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:45 pm »
So, when would this season start? When would the application start?  If we considering we have 2 week for application, i'm gonna die of boredom!

Unless we start an open tournament now (~1 month) while we wait for the semi/finals/application

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 08:08:13 am »
Okay I know you guys think im biased or something but I think if you actually ask the ffa players most people (even the ones who get high scores) would be against this highest score reward

worpex said  "It promotes aggressive and strong play over sitting around all game and trying to snipe the win at the end. I do want to remind people that their was only 6 (I think) games where the winner didn't have the highest score this season. Almost all of them happened because two players teamed the strongest player to death. (Or from Abusing human heroes. *glares at johny*)"

So basically thats like saying we should have a basketball game with ONLY slam dunks because thats more exciting to watch. Just because one person considers chims or tanks to be 'cheese' doesn't make it less legitimate than other styles. And if someone got teamed and lost or someone got suicided, they should get better at diplomacy and manip, not change the rules to make a certain style of play more rewarding.

Fixing tiebreaker problem is important, but shouldn't change the dynamic of the games. FFA is great because it encourages all these styles of play because the end goal is the same: to win (not 'to get highest points').

Not all players have micro like maga or das or darkness, but the beauty of FFA is that they still have a chance to win. Theres nothing wrong with playing smart with 60 APM and sniping the win at the end. Renaud mentioned I would have benefited from a high score bonus this season, but I remember the days when I had 50 APM and would manip vs FLY to get the win. So yeah, thats my 2 cents

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:45 am »
Having your own opinion does not make you bias Eshan.

I think enough people have stated that they don't wish to use this system (although I personally think it would help make games more fun to play and watch). Instead, we will just use the +1 point for highest score if you didn't win.

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 05:38:45 am »
Having your own opinion does not make you bias Eshan.

I think enough people have stated that they don't wish to use this system (although I personally think it would help make games more fun to play and watch). Instead, we will just use the +1 point for highest score if you didn't win.
I agree with this the most