April 23, 2024, 05:15:38 pm

Author Topic: This Week in FML: 9/13  (Read 1721 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
This Week in FML: 9/13
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:01 pm »
:FMLN:

Upcoming Events

Saturday September 14th Season 17 Kick off!
After quite the wait we’re finally ready to get under way with our 17th season of FML.  For those that may have somehow missed it you can find out more information including the full match listings and season format it can be found here

Just a reminder, if you are a player and have not posted we will be forced to kick you out at some point.  FML runs smoothly because we have great players who schedule well

FML Bets Is returning for its second season.  For those that aren’t familiar with the concept more can be found out here.  Bets can be placed either by click the bet hyperlink on the calendar, or going here.  I return as the previous season’s betting King and don’t plan to give up the title.  After a promising start last year though many people lost interest with the system.  Everyone will be given 100 coins to start, and if you go bankrupt you end up resetting to 50 again so there’s really no penalty for betting, and continuing to bet is the best strategy!

Sunday September 14th, 09:30EST/15:30CET: ELO Boost Tournament 3! 

Last Week’s Recap

The main thing from last week was the announcement of the new season format.  While I won’t go into much detail about that, I do want to put the spotlight on three very interesting matchups.

P1
:Germany: :ud: WeAkUD
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Germany: :orc: FML|Pinballmap
:USA: :orc: / :hu: Kodos_Forsaken

Seksi and Kodos had a best of 5 one vs one series not too long ago where Kodos won 3-2.  This time Kodos will be playing on Seksi’s home turf.  Will he be able to pull off the win, or will Kodos pull off the upset win?  Perhaps neither will win and we can all laugh at them!

P6
:Sweden: :ra: SheepCanFly (Target)
:Croatia: :ud: KenoStrikesBack
:Serbia: :ne: / :ud: svedirko
:Germany: :hu: Lightweight

In what should be a pretty intense match we have two of our previoius FML finalists from last season, and a two time FML champion in Target.  Will the new blood prove to overwhelm the old school player, or will he break out some tricks that they aren’t familiar with?  I can’t predict who will win this, but I think we have a lot of reason to be excited for this match!

P13
:Bulgaria: :ud: XoZ_Magadansky
:USA: :ra: Steppinrazor
:Germany: :hu: yAwS
:Canada: :hu: FML|Renaud

This matchup almost certainly the highest overall skill level of all the matchups.  Between all of these players we have:

4 FML Season Championships
2 King of FFA Championships
Oh, and a WCG Grand Finalist!  We are very pleased to welcome Yaws to our fold, and hope that he will be able to convert his solo skills into FFA.

What’s New in the Forum?

Round One Predictions by Onebillion.  For those of you that have been around for awhile you know that we like to do a prediction thread every week.  Anyone interested should pick a player in every match, and give a brief reason why they like that person to win.

Epic FFA Pictures by Dovekie.  A very cool thread showcasing some awesome screenshots from FFA games.  If you’ve got a cool game you should definitely show it off  here!

Your Favorite Top5 FFA Players of All Time! by Lightweight.  An older thread that has recently gotten bumped, it’s a cool concept that is exactly what the name states.

As always, find all the latest news at Facebook.com/FFAMasters, and subscribe to us on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/FFAMasters.  Lastly, make sure to follow us on Twitch.TV to watch live games and shoutcasts at http://www.twitch.tv/ffamastersleague/profile

Hi

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: This Week in FML: 9/13
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:24:22 pm »
Nice hype on the matches lol.  Although I haven't played 1v1 competitively for years so kind of silly to use a bo5 solo match to talk it up.  Plus I won the final 2 of 3 games once I had figured out a strategic counter heh.  In any sense, Kodos has become a pretty solid FFA player after picking up the game type and practicing on the ladder.  Can't forget about Pinball who knows FFA more then most people and I don't know anything about the Undead player.

I'm most excited for the next match up, I was hyped when I saw Target was back even though no one believed me XD and it would be tough to beat some some Human Target vs Human or Orc LW in my mind assuming Target is in shape and can compete with the top guns.  I don't know too much about Keno and Svedirko proved his worth too last season.

In P13, Maga has a pretty solid record of showing new solo pros the ropes when they first enter the scene.  I look for this again but Renaud poses a legitimate threat to this and who knows, maybe yAws will have put some time into the game type privately and surprise us all! Steppinrazor is one player I've always known to have skill and understanding of FFA but hasn't quite had his chance to shine. 

Offline KiLLiN

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML|KiLLiN
  • Race: Random
Re: This Week in FML: 9/13
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:11 am »
OMG TARGET IS PLAYING?!  :icon_lol: :icon_eek: