April 16, 2024, 07:43:08 am

Author Topic: Freezes on Bot  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Meeds

• FML Bets Season 2 Winner
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
  • B.net Account: Meeds.
  • Coins: 20
  • Race: Human
Freezes on Bot
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:45:07 am »
Hello Everyone,

I know I should post this on playFFA.com but I do not have the right to create a new thread, and I'm not sure there is an open topic for this.

For several weeks now, I have lot of freeze on bot, I'm playing from Europe (northrend) and I know it is not my connection or my computer because I have no issue on w3arena.
I know a little bit how GHost works, maybe the latency or the synclimit via the following commands has been changed:
  • !latency {number} set game latency (20-500), leave blank to see current latency
  • !synclimit {number} set sync limit for the lag screen (10-10000), leave blank to see current sync limit

I think it could be the latency, setting the latency to a low value can improve (really slightly) delay for players with good connection in America, but a low latency can give freezes/spikes to players with not such a good connection (especially from Europe, you cannot have a very good connection with Atlanta).

So could I please ask what is the current latency value ? If it is low (less than 100) could you please try to set it for few days to 150 so I check if I have less freezes ?
If too many people complain for an increase in delay then you can still change it to the previous value (shouldn't happen).
Note that I could change it myself via the !latency command in game, but I do not have the correct rights to do this command.

Or maybe something else changed in the bot configuration ?

Regards
Meeds

Offline Meeds

• Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
Re: Freezes on Bot
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:18:16 am »
Found on codelain.com :

"either you set the latency to the highest (real) ping to avoid any lag/spikes but make low ping people cry about delay or you set it to something rather low and have high ping people cry about lags/spikes"

http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?topic=21078.msg133478#msg133478

Best idea would be to check if you can change the bot so the latency is set dynamically as explained in this thread via the config variable bot_autolatency = 1
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:25:15 am by Meeds »

Offline Jey_s_TeArS

• Official FML Streamer
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jey_s_TeArS
  • Coins: 100
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:42 pm »
same prob as Meeds

Offline Meeds

• Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:57 am »
Ok so with Ugri we increased slightly the latency to 125 ms, things were much more better.
If you are an admin on the bot, you can use the !latency command and change it as you want, effect will be done immediately, and only on the running game.

Meeds

Offline Meeds

• Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:56:12 am »